[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

Can anyone take a look at my character and give me gem optimizations/tips for mana sustain?

Character: oarzu
https://pastebin.com/EcrSUMtR
Ayy :P

So i'm at this quite weird point between 4 different CWC builds XD

https://pastebin.com/vUGFE7y5

what do you think? My desecrate is FAR too slow right now and i'm not sure how to fix that, and i'm dying to sirus still - but i'm wiping the rest of A6 atlas pretty well. I'm looking to do all content. I could move away from the MOM/cloak if it'll make me tankier in the end, i'm specced into lots of flask and manaregen in my tree. I'm sure a great CWC staff would be more dps but I'm horrid at crafting. I pob'd some of the staves on here and they were worse than my disin with 3 siphon stacks (which also helps me cast desecrate a little faster, it's SO slow - but i don't know how well i'd survive it being faster.) I think i'm just at a weird spot now.

Also, weird question - would using the chest for 6L and using a wand/shield be a possibility? I have a memeish idea based on a shield on minions for massive healing, but I'm not sure if there'd be enough damage.
"
Leedly wrote:

what do you think? My desecrate is FAR too slow right now and i'm not sure how to fix that, and i'm dying to sirus still - but i'm wiping the rest of A6 atlas pretty well. I'm looking to do all content. I could move away from the MOM/cloak if it'll make me tankier in the end, i'm specced into lots of flask and manaregen in my tree. I'm sure a great CWC staff would be more dps but I'm horrid at crafting. I pob'd some of the staves on here and they were worse than my disin with 3 siphon stacks (which also helps me cast desecrate a little faster, it's SO slow - but i don't know how well i'd survive it being faster.) I think i'm just at a weird spot now.

Also, weird question - would using the chest for 6L and using a wand/shield be a possibility? I have a memeish idea based on a shield on minions for massive healing, but I'm not sure if there'd be enough damage.

Have you tried using Martyr of Innocence? It's really hard to beat it--even with a CWC Staff.

I would get off of MoM. It's a liability any time you hit some chaos damage/degen. You might have enough regen bc you're specc'd into it, but I think you'd be better off with a rare chest with Increased Effect of Offerings (about 400-500ES boost from Spirit offering both Max ES and Recovery) and Spell Crit.

From the look of things you're on Volabomber's Tree? I personally stay clear of the Scion Life wheel as I cannot justify the points. It's just soooo far away and heart of Fire is s ton of damage to not path in the northern side of the witch tree for it.

As for Disintigrator its damage will not help trigger CWDT as it is a DOT and not a hit.

You can't do wands specifically with Cyclone so that wouldn't work. However you *can* do 1H+Shield with a scepter/dagger. It's just a massive DPS loss as well as losing a 6L CWDT (that you don't use and you're wrong. XD)

If you want to have a faster CWDT Desecrate proc you can always try adding a seperate CWDT+Desecrate+Spell Cascade+Spirit Offering 4L with slightly leveled CWDT gem. try starting at level 3 CWDT and go from there. See if that helps. Will take some trial and error testing to get the right gem level and I leave that to you.

Hope this helps a little.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Leedly wrote:

Have you tried using Martyr of Innocence? It's really hard to beat it--even with a CWC Staff.

I would get off of MoM. It's a liability any time you hit some chaos damage/degen. You might have enough regen bc you're specc'd into it, but I think you'd be better off with a rare chest with Increased Effect of Offerings (about 400-500ES boost from Spirit offering both Max ES and Recovery) and Spell Crit.

From the look of things you're on Volabomber's Tree? I personally stay clear of the Scion Life wheel as I cannot justify the points. It's just soooo far away and heart of Fire is s ton of damage to not path in the northern side of the witch tree for it.

As for Disintigrator its damage will not help trigger CWDT as it is a DOT and not a hit.

You can't do wands specifically with Cyclone so that wouldn't work. However you *can* do 1H+Shield with a scepter/dagger. It's just a massive DPS loss as well as losing a 6L CWDT (that you don't use and you're wrong. XD)

If you want to have a faster CWDT Desecrate proc you can always try adding a seperate CWDT+Desecrate+Spell Cascade+Spirit Offering 4L with slightly leveled CWDT gem. try starting at level 3 CWDT and go from there. See if that helps. Will take some trial and error testing to get the right gem level and I leave that to you.

Hope this helps a little.

It's actually a mixture of that tree and a VD build I was on :P

I wouldn't mind going away from mom - i'm saving up currency to fix the build now. Can the build as you run clear A8 all content and sirus? I'm really looking to push season objectives and I'm kind of over playing with my build for now :P So if that's the case I'd just rather stop doing my own thing and follow exactly what you have.

Well I'd put martyr into pob and it said it was less damage than disintegrator - but that's probably because i'm not specced for it at all. Especially heart of flame.

Bummed to learn that about disintegrator - that's the whole reason I bought it. Did seem like the siphon charges weren't helping that much...

Thanks for the help!

edit - some things have sold and i have 5exa to play with atm, can switch over if you think it's the call. dying sometimes in mod/sextanted t16's and the damage really isn't nuts, though it's fine for even A8 sirus if I could just survive. I really like the idea of running all offerings. The ES on hit eye looks dank as well. You clearly know a shitload about what you're talking about from reading the post and various notes on things, I just want to stop dying and keep killing things, and have a build I can keep investing into until the end of the season.

also why don't you use flesh offering? I know you're already out of sockets but yeah :P seems hella strong
Last edited by Leedly on Jan 20, 2020, 3:04:01 AM
Even with arcane surge from flame dash, if I don't use my mana pot I can't sustain my cyclone, is that the way it is meant to be?

I'm unsure if the level of my skills, etc is causing issues? Or if I am not meeting threshholds on CWDT ?
"
Leedly wrote:

It's actually a mixture of that tree and a VD build I was on :P

I wouldn't mind going away from mom - i'm saving up currency to fix the build now. Can the build as you run clear A8 all content and sirus? I'm really looking to push season objectives and I'm kind of over playing with my build for now :P So if that's the case I'd just rather stop doing my own thing and follow exactly what you have.

Well I'd put martyr into pob and it said it was less damage than disintegrator - but that's probably because i'm not specced for it at all. Especially heart of flame.

Bummed to learn that about disintegrator - that's the whole reason I bought it. Did seem like the siphon charges weren't helping that much...

Thanks for the help!

edit - some things have sold and i have 5exa to play with atm, can switch over if you think it's the call. dying sometimes in mod/sextanted t16's and the damage really isn't nuts, though it's fine for even A8 sirus if I could just survive. I really like the idea of running all offerings. The ES on hit eye looks dank as well. You clearly know a shitload about what you're talking about from reading the post and various notes on things, I just want to stop dying and keep killing things, and have a build I can keep investing into until the end of the season.

also why don't you use flesh offering? I know you're already out of sockets but yeah :P seems hella strong

Yes, the build can do all things at A8. I am on A6 because I stop grinding maps after a while. Lol. Others have done it though with no problems though.

And I dropped Flesh Offering because it was messing with my mana sustain. I have JUST the right and perfect balance to sustain my mana and Flesh Offering was too much. Also, it's otherwise just not super impactful once you get Tailwind+Elusive boots and I would rather have the socket for Arcane Surge (15% more spell damage!).
Holy shi - didn't realize the watcher's eye was 12ex for the discipline mod...well over 20ex to get the clarity I have now and also the discipline.

Well, at least that's something to save for - but I'm sad I really wanted that ES leech :P

I'm going to start moving over...but I really don't know about the chest. It seems like a load of crafting for just one 25% to offerings, and some life. I should start with that though because it's kind of a core of the whole thing - I'd have to craft a chest and roll a martyr - though there are some less nice ones with decent life maybe a resist and the 25% offering that i assume naturally dropped for around 1exa. That may be a way better plan - and then get the new staff. Once all my shit sells from never deciding on a build I'll have plenty to play around with.

edit - got the 6L martyr with decent deeps. Now it's just deciding to grind a bunch until I can afford to craft a dank chest, or just buy one. I was thinking about picking up a "meh" one like this https://i.imgur.com/JS0wnMq.png for now, and then I can just craft it later while keeping the links without much issue right? That would allow me to swap everything over now. I'll have to sell some awakened gems and buy the ones you have since we're on slightly different, but it should all work out.

quick question i keep trying to pm you XD - does 5L work on the chest for now? It looks like you're only using 5 links unless precision does something in cwdt loop i'm not aware of :P (I have curse on my ring and i plan on keeping it if I can, good resists curse socket crafted life plus i made it myself so it's meaningful XD) so I don't see what I'd use in 6L on chest, rather save the fusings if i could rn.

Also - sorry for editing in questions every 5mins but I wanna pick your brain :P
What's the point of the purifying flame in the chest cwdt loop? I get the hits for ES/hit once I can afford that insane 20ex clarity, but don't we get loads of consecrated ground already from bottled faith and something else? Either tree or item idk, but yeah - the build seems starved for sockets so i'm trying to cut out any I can.
Last edited by Leedly on Jan 20, 2020, 3:55:12 PM
Hi

Question: How do i find out if i'm getting the maximum possible CWDT progs? As far as i know 4 per second from each spell.

Asking especially because i don't know if i can use

(had these with -mana for my CoC Character)

Edit: found the link for the calculation

But... as far as i understood it - the excel calculation assumes that the taken damage is set to zero after cwdt is progged. But - is that really the case?

so, lets say i get 527 Damage per Hit. Does that really mean i only get a cwdt prog each second hit? Or is the damage that is done above 528 "saved" for the next trigger?
Last edited by Rake7 on Jan 20, 2020, 7:27:42 PM
There were reports that the VD weren’t exploding after the time limit was reached (or new ones spawned). Is it confirmed VD is working as intended?
"
Rake7 wrote:
Hi

Question: How do i find out if i'm getting the maximum possible CWDT progs? As far as i know 4 per second from each spell.

Asking especially because i don't know if i can use

(had these with -mana for my CoC Character)

Edit: found the link for the calculation

But... as far as i understood it - the excel calculation assumes that the taken damage is set to zero after cwdt is progged. But - is that really the case?

so, lets say i get 527 Damage per Hit. Does that really mean i only get a cwdt prog each second hit? Or is the damage that is done above 528 "saved" for the next trigger?

I don't think the damage is "reset" it is however not counting any damage during cooldown.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support
"
When a linked spell is cast, it is put on cooldown for 250 ms and will not track damage during that time.

EDIT: AND OMG it finally makes sense! That's why it's pretty hard to sustain ES at lower levels despite Spirit Offering providing way more than CWDT requires to proc. for 250ms you take damage that isn't being counted towards your next proc. #alwayslearning

"
illuminate89 wrote:
There were reports that the VD weren’t exploding after the time limit was reached (or new ones spawned). Is it confirmed VD is working as intended?

They fixed that. It's fine now.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 20, 2020, 9:16:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info