[3.11] Brittleknee’s Cold Elemental Hit Deadeye for Magic Find - Rags to Riches Guide Inside!

If I have the chance to get inspired learning which part should i go for the passive three?
Cold Elehit shatters are very satisfying
Last edited by Kilthua on Sep 25, 2019, 4:46:48 AM
"
GittiGeldi wrote:
If I have the chance to get inspired learning which part should i go for the passive three?

The Evasion one by Point Blank, then north through the int side of the Trickster Socket (helps with int requirement). Both are a 3-point investment.

"
Kilthua wrote:
Cold Elehit shatters are very satisfying

I'm glad you're liking it!
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Hello! I tried your build, and I liked it, but one question in your pob you use onsluaght, where do you get it from?

Ps: to use onslaught, I anointed Graceful Assault and so far it looks cool
Last edited by overluck on Sep 26, 2019, 11:48:18 AM
"
overluck wrote:
Hello! I tried your build, and I liked it, but one question in your pob you use onsluaght, where do you get it from?

Ps: to use onslaught, I anointed Graceful Assault and so far it looks cool

You came by the stream, but I'll answer here again anyways:

Multiple ways to source Onslaught/Frenzies.

If you use Blood Rage, you can drop Ice Bite for Onslaught in the HOI links if you'd like.

You can also take points for an extra gem socket and use a Searching Eye Jewel.

You can also anoint like you have.

Any of these way are applicable and depend on playstyle.
Do you have video of ElderT16 juiced up maps farming?
Hi,

Getting close to finalizing the build, and really loving it. Plan on mainly farming alleyways, as it is straightforward and relaxing (and div cards worth a bunch with exalts so high this league).

I had a couple of questions and a couple thoughts for slight tweaks that worked for my setup if anyone is interested. Also, I really like lists!!

I see a couple differences between your build for Blight and the build in the POB. I know that some of the tweaks are related to the dex stacking from the quiver, but I wanted to get your thoughts on those that don't appear to be related to that:

Questions

1. In POB you take Winter Spirit, and Blight you took Flash Freeze. As I don't think we get anything out of the Winter Spirit, is it correct that Flash Freeze is just objectively better?
2. You chose to forego additional ailment change for more elemental damage while pathing to Primeval Force. Is it just that we already get enough ailment chance already?
3. You chose not to go Vaal Pact in Blight. Has that been working better for you?
4. Do you miss the chance for Phasing on Kill from From the Shadows? I feel like that would be annoying,

My tweaks on the build (profile is open, getting close to final but still not there, not saying any of these are better, but just thoughts depending on your playstyle)

1. I found mana leech kind of annoying. As I mostly will be doing low level content, I am using an enduring hybrid flask, as even though the life regen stops when you reach full life, the mana regen continues.
2. I am getting onslaught through the annoint like overluck. I then pathed to cloth and chain and survivalist, and was able to still cap resistances with only one ventor's (although it was expensive at 6ex), allowing for me to add a pariah as well. Think I will just throw grace in there unless anyone can suggest a better gem.
3. I am running an ice golem with meat shield (so I can just resummon him less). Faster attacks is just linked atm as I am leveling it.
4. I am not running portal on death, but also linked a lvl 3 enhance with the faster casting to my portal gem. It does make a significant difference to how quickly your portal casts.
5. Running Blood rage (sometimes, when I feel like it).
6. I think the easiest way to get a pretty good quiver is to Multimod (Grimro did a good video on it a few leagues back). Additional arrow seems to be relatively common, so not super hard to get it (maybe every 200 or so alts). RNG is RNG though, and I failed annuling 5 times, but then ended up regaling into T1 life/T2 crit multi with the +1 arrow=)

If anyone wants to see my version, my profile should be open. The main changes I still need to make to get to what I would consider done before real min/maxing (Helm enchant/corrupeted gloves/lvl21 gem/etc) are below. They mostly relate to not finding the ventor's that perfectly fit my resistances and was in my price range until it popped up on my live search last night:

1.Craft attack speed on my quiver (I was keeping it open in case I needed one more resist craft to cap resistances with a somewhat affordable ventors).
2. Craft Int on my amulet to save a passive point from Wisdom of the Glade.
3. Get up to lvl 92 (spent maybe 100c on non MF gear, and cruising super quick through T14/T15s, skipping boss, to level), and then spec out of a few life nodes, to add the last bit of speed and QOL.
4. Buy the pariah now that I have my ventor's

Can you advise on build variant that can do t16 including bosses and blights?
"
BarSmash wrote:
Hi,

Questions

1. In POB you take Winter Spirit, and Blight you took Flash Freeze. As I don't think we get anything out of the Winter Spirit, is it correct that Flash Freeze is just objectively better?
2. You chose to forego additional ailment change for more elemental damage while pathing to Primeval Force. Is it just that we already get enough ailment chance already?
3. You chose not to go Vaal Pact in Blight. Has that been working better for you?
4. Do you miss the chance for Phasing on Kill from From the Shadows? I feel like that would be annoying,

1.) I always experiment each league to try to find better ways to do things, but until I 100% decide its the way I want to take the build, I do not update the PoB. Since EHit has no phys component I wanted to see how the other side felt.

2.) Either is acceptable, I am freeze locking all rares/bosses in T4 so I went for more WED.

3.) I didn't notice any difference at the T4 level of having Vaal Pact or not. It didn't seem to matter and I wasn't getting hit often enough to need the extra life leech. I used the free point elsewhere.

4.) I did not miss the phasing, no. You can source it from In the Shadows or Freedom of movement. Both are 4 point investments and have their pro/cons. Generally I found myself moving fast enough that there was no real threat of being "blocked in" and a quick blink arrow can get you out of strongbox ranges without needing to phase.

"
bankai1009 wrote:
Can you advise on build variant that can do t16 including bosses and blights?

Likely would need to craft a AS/DD +1 All Gem Shaper Thicker with Cold/Freeze, +2 Support, and Multi in Lieu of WR to make the damage consistent for bossing at the highest tier.

Drop Sadima's for gloves with the Temple Mod "Additional Damage to Chilled Enemies" with some good life and resist rolls.

Belt Swap and use Biscos to start your Rampage, but then belt Swap to a Sygian with Life, Cold Damage, Elemental Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks and Cold Resist the same as your Bisco's to keep gearing consistent. While a pain in the ass, this allows you to have your cake and eat it too if you can master the quick swap.

You will still be Squish even so, maybe Prioritize the 4-Point Life wheel with Thick Skin, too.

Can also drop Portal shenanigans in the boots for a proper Guard skill setup.

I still don't know if it would be enough for sure, though. This is just speculation.
Last edited by brittleknee on Oct 13, 2019, 5:39:24 PM
What about Amulet Anointment, any idea what might have the best benefit? Would prefer a damage note...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info