[3.11] Brittleknee’s Cold Elemental Hit Deadeye for Magic Find - Rags to Riches Guide Inside!

Why mirage archer instead of empower? Why cold ele hit instead of fire?

Also, I lack the DPS to solo kill the T7 BC boss for some reason and mana problems even with the essence sap node. What am I doing wrong? My gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by silverdash on Apr 4, 2020, 9:27:17 AM
"
silverdash wrote:
Why mirage archer instead of empower? Why cold ele hit instead of fire?

Also, I lack the DPS to solo kill the T7 BC boss for some reason and mana problems even with the essence sap node. What am I doing wrong? My gear:
Spoiler

Cold bcus Windripper frozen quant shenenigans, obviously
Okay true.

But how to kill the T7 BC boss with delirium active? My dps is not even half of what it should be to kill a yellow boss. I tried swapping to a Chin Sol with barrage and tried other skills but I can't find anything with enough DPS.
Last edited by silverdash on Apr 4, 2020, 1:22:17 PM
Hello,
Thank you for the build, I'm sorry if I've missed it but during leveling which order of ascendancy do you suggest ?
Hi, first of all I love this build.
I got a question, I have changed a little bit and removed blink arrow to get something else. Is there a better way to go now instead of the Fast and Deadly ascendancy node?
"
brzroman wrote:
Ele weakness on hit as implicit, with 10 quant, or +2 AoE gems implicit with HoI and curse on hit and ele weakness as gems, with 16 quant? Which variant of sadima's is better?

Sorry it's late and just guessing, but I suppose Ele Weakness on hit as implicit would feel smoother. That's what BK uses too.

"
silverdash wrote:
Why mirage archer instead of empower?

I'm pretty sure numerically Empower is worse even if you want to optimize towards single target damage, maybe unless it can reach level 6. In general, the point is to get satisfying clearspeed, so the choice of Mirage Archer depends on your damage, speed and coverage (as such, may depend on the map you run, the number of arrows you can get and mechanics like chain/fork/pierce).

"
silverdash wrote:
Why cold ele hit instead of fire?

As mentioned, the modifier on Windripper requires you to freeze enemies. There's the sound of Herald of Ice as a bonus :D

"
silverdash wrote:
Also, I lack the DPS to solo kill the T7 BC boss for some reason and mana problems even with the essence sap node. What am I doing wrong?

The gear looks fine, although you could get more single target damage from a quiver. Your account is private, so it's hard to tell for sure. Barrage or something with Barrage Support eventually should be enough at least for regular bosses.

"
Nininil wrote:
Hello,
Thank you for the build, I'm sorry if I've missed it but during leveling which order of ascendancy do you suggest ?

You can go Gathering Winds -> Fast and Deadly -> Far Shot -> Ricochet.

"
Jekersep wrote:
Hi, first of all I love this build.
I got a question, I have changed a little bit and removed blink arrow to get something else. Is there a better way to go now instead of the Fast and Deadly ascendancy node?

You can probably try Endless Munitions, but your accuracy may get slightly lower and your single target dps will somewhat fall off. If you think your clear is good enough, it might be better to keep Fast and Deadly anyway.
Last edited by Xayazi on Apr 9, 2020, 2:35:05 PM
Hello! I am looking for some help.

This is the first MF build I've ever tried, and it feels great (I was lucky and got my first The Doctor in the game after 3 BC runs)

But I am struggling with any rare mob DPS, they're just unkillable for me. When I am trying to find a difference between your PoB and my character, I cant find out why my average damage is MUCH less than yours. Could you please help me and check it? Link: https://pastebin.com/duTy156A

I am not really experienced in character minmaxing, maybe I've missed something really important?
Last edited by singovna on Apr 11, 2020, 3:13:44 AM
"
singovna wrote:
Hello! I am looking for some help.

This is the first MF build I've ever tried, and it feels great (I was lucky and got my first The Doctor in the game after 3 BC runs)

But I am struggling with any rare mob DPS, they're just unkillable for me. When I am trying to find a difference between your PoB and my character, I cant find out why my average damage is MUCH less than yours. Could you please help me and check it? Link: https://pastebin.com/duTy156A

I am not really experienced in character minmaxing, maybe I've missed something really important?

You've got 2 x Quicksilvers, drop one for a Diamond. The crit chance is super important. You also don't currently have a source for onslaught either. You can either take/annoint Graceful Assault, get a new quiver with chance of onslaught on kill, or go for the jewel socket in the shadow area and put a searching eye jewel in there with onslaught. Keep getting quality on your gems, including your HOI setup, and quality there is important, too. Saving up for a 21/20 Ele Hit will also help, and EH's base damage is scaled by level.

Also don't forget you'll want to step close to frozen tanky rares to make use of point blank. With good crit you should inflict consistent enough crits to lock them down.

Ele Weakness on hit gloves would be an upgrade to work towards as well.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Apr 11, 2020, 2:18:03 PM
"
brittleknee wrote:
You've got 2 x Quicksilvers, drop one for a Diamond. The crit chance is super important. You also don't currently have a source for onslaught either. You can either take/annoint Graceful Assault, get a new quiver with chance of onslaught on kill, or go for the jewel socket in the shadow area and put a searching eye jewel in there with onslaught. Keep getting quality on your gems, including your HOI setup, and quality there is important, too. Saving up for a 21/20 Ele Hit will also help, and EH's base damage is scaled by level.

Also don't forget you'll want to step close to frozen tanky rares to make use of point blank. With good crit you should inflict consistent enough crits to lock them down.

Thank you for your answer.

I had an Onslaught flask and I was using it by my own, but Graceful Assault annoint feels much better since I've found a solution for my resists and I no longer need Holy Dominion notable. Also, I didn't skill Point Blank since I thought it would not work well with Far Shot ascendancy. Are they compensating each other, so I get normal damage when I kill mobs offscreen, and bonus damage in a close combat, right?
Btw, for some reason my PoB doesn't count Onslaught buff and Inspiriation charges, how do I count them after character import?
damage counts
Last edited by singovna on Apr 12, 2020, 6:41:49 AM
"
singovna wrote:
"
brittleknee wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

I had an Onslaught flask and I was using it by my own, but Graceful Assault annoint feels much better since I've found a solution for my resists and I no longer need Holy Dominion notable. Also, I didn't skill Point Blank since I thought it would not work well with Far Shot ascendancy. Are they compensating each other, so I get normal damage when I kill mobs offscreen, and bonus damage in a close combat, right?
Btw, for some reason my PoB doesn't count Onslaught buff and Inspiriation charges, how do I count them after character import?
damage counts

Over in Configuration you'll want to check off Onslaught and toggle the Inspiration charges. Or maybe the inspiration charges are part of Fork only, I can't remember anymore. Fork is very easy to set up, though.

Point Blank can honestly be considered a playstyle preference and not a requirement. Far Shot and Point Blank don't cancel each other out exactly, but I find the utility of Point Blank to be worth the 1 point investment and the downsides. It allows you to do stuff like this to tanky rares:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousCuriousFerretChefFrank

I usually kite/group and lock down multiple tanky rares at a time rather than trying to fight one at a time. If they chase you, mirage archer can usually clean them up, too. Even with I'm not saying this is the only way to play, but this is why I typically keep PB.

Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info