[3.11] Brittleknee’s Cold Elemental Hit Deadeye for Magic Find - Rags to Riches Guide Inside!

I've changed my quiver to a more critty one, took a PB node, Diamond flask and made a small tree changes, now everything feels much better.

Thank you for help!
"
singovna wrote:
I've changed my quiver to a more critty one, took a PB node, Diamond flask and made a small tree changes, now everything feels much better.

Thank you for help!

You are most welcome! Glad things are feeling better!
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
In the "gear from last season" panel, you have socketed blue gems that require 105 int, yet none of the items give int...
My gems are levelled up to the point that they need 60 int and I can't take off my amulet to put on a quant one unless I buy one that gives more int :S

Am I doing something wrong??
"
Zuggrat wrote:
In the "gear from last season" panel, you have socketed blue gems that require 105 int, yet none of the items give int...
My gems are levelled up to the point that they need 60 int and I can't take off my amulet to put on a quant one unless I buy one that gives more int :S

Am I doing something wrong??

I dropeed Item Rarity off of HoI for a utility link support, thus no longer requiring the int. The PoB is updated, but the page is not. I'll fix that.
can you go with marauder?
Hi :)
Currently leveling towards this build with RoA.
Had a question regarding gear for the leveling part.
I'm using the gems described in the leveling guide and am super squishy.
For the leveling process I gave up on a few of the "early gear" related to MF to supplement my armor and resistances but still getting pretty squishy.

I'm currently using Tabula in order to enjoy the damage of 6L as described, and this also drinks mana really quickly.
Would you recommend to change to a more res/armor focused chestpiece, even if it means "giving up" on 6L for leveling?
"
ShiverJT wrote:
For the leveling process I gave up on a few of the "early gear" related to MF to supplement my armor and resistances but still getting pretty squishy.

I'm currently using Tabula in order to enjoy the damage of 6L as described, and this also drinks mana really quickly.
Would you recommend to change to a more res/armor focused chestpiece, even if it means "giving up" on 6L for leveling?

Hello! The build itself is exactly extremely squishy. I guess it is sacrifice for MF gear you're going to use, and dropping that gear for any survival based items won't help you a lot. If you're still leveling, you can use any evasion-based 6-link armour with random shitty mods, since they're all cost about 1 divine orb. Also, I wouldn't recommend you to activate Delirium until you reach enough level to use all required gear. I have less than 3k HP, uncapped fire resistance (doesn't actually matter since I'm always using Dying Sun), and I die a lot :)
The finest solution to this is having CoD Portal setup, so you can get back to wiping packs of monster as quickly as possible. Also, remember that you should NOT try to facetank anything, since if your Evasion/Dodge won't proc, you will die. You're fast and deadly, run like you never did, kill everything before it kills you!
"
singovna wrote:
"
ShiverJT wrote:

Hello! The build itself is exactly extremely squishy. I guess it is sacrifice for MF gear you're going to use, and dropping that gear for any survival based items won't help you a lot. If you're still leveling, you can use any evasion-based 6-link armour with random shitty mods, since they're all cost about 1 divine orb. Also, I wouldn't recommend you to activate Delirium until you reach enough level to use all required gear. I have less than 3k HP, uncapped fire resistance (doesn't actually matter since I'm always using Dying Sun), and I die a lot :)
The finest solution to this is having CoD Portal setup, so you can get back to wiping packs of monster as quickly as possible. Also, remember that you should NOT try to facetank anything, since if your Evasion/Dodge won't proc, you will die. You're fast and deadly, run like you never did, kill everything before it kills you!

Thanks for you reply!!
I'll keep in mind to run like hell :)
Just one question - where would I be able to find a 6L for 1 divine?
Around trade sites I only found some for much more, around 10c for a rare one, the cheapest...
brittleknee, Hi!
I was playing your build for some time, and have a lot of fun with it, thx!
One thing haunted me for a long time - why ele hit? This skill consumes two jewel slots to work correctly. Have you considered ice shot as an alternative?
It has some AoE + opens space for abyss jewels.
Updated PoB looks much better in terms of DPS, but... I'm running ice shot setup with hatred (no grace = less MS), and have better (slightly) DPS on a 5L setup.
Also you should try second wind - it amazing support gem for dash (I used flame dash before).
Last edited by brzroman on Apr 16, 2020, 2:35:06 PM
"
brzroman wrote:
brittleknee, Hi!
I was playing your build for some time, and have a lot of fun with it, thx!
One thing haunted me for a long time - why ele hit? This skill consumes two jewel slots to work correctly. Have you considered ice shot as an alternative?
It has some AoE + opens space for abyss jewels.
Updated PoB looks much better in terms of DPS, but... I'm running ice shot setup with hatred (no grace = less MS), and have better (slightly) DPS on a 5L setup.
Also you should try second wind - it amazing support gem for dash (I used flame dash before).

The build came about in response to the TS-dominated era, something that has passed. I wanted to make a MF build that was half the cost of the TS helm enchant that could get people started in MF without feeling overwhelmed by the respective cost of everything else.

Ele hit carries most of its flat damage within the Gem itself, which allowed for people to get started without pricey abyss jewel with triple added damage. The thresholds also allow for things like corrupted blood immunity to be bought for cheap.

I know EHit is not the most damage, but its cheap, consistent, and approachable, and that was my primary goal in creating this version of a MF-er.

I'm playing this character currently in this league and already incorporated SW support, but I typically don't update PoBs until the next league's patch notes are out. Also have been playing with clusters a bit, too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info