[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
littlezoe wrote:
This question might be silly, but what's the use of the Vortex 3L? Why would you cast Vortex if you are spinning with Cyclone?

Am I missing something?

Vortex is instant, doesn't interrupt Cyclone spinning, it's used to trigger Arcane Surge and also linked to Bonechill for cold damage taken increased by chill effect (which is a more multiplier) against enemies in chilled area of Vortex (op versus bosses mainly)

I see, I see. I'm not sure how I feel about using even more skills, but I'll try it for sure. Thanks.
"
littlezoe wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
littlezoe wrote:
This question might be silly, but what's the use of the Vortex 3L? Why would you cast Vortex if you are spinning with Cyclone?

Am I missing something?

Vortex is instant, doesn't interrupt Cyclone spinning, it's used to trigger Arcane Surge and also linked to Bonechill for cold damage taken increased by chill effect (which is a more multiplier) against enemies in chilled area of Vortex (op versus bosses mainly)

I see, I see. I'm not sure how I feel about using even more skills, but I'll try it for sure. Thanks.

I know what you mean, but the nice thing with this build is that it is really only two skills to use at a time. Once you have your gear with enough links (I'm running WI as 4L/5S, and then 4L chest, boots, gloves, and helmet) you rely primarily on cyclone and CWDT for your skills. I keep Vortex on Q and just let my pinky drop to it every few seconds to trigger Arcane Surge, then back to my flask piano.
Tried to craft a sweet ammy to replace my Astramentis, but after around 1k alts I ended up with this:

Around a 100 int + 400 ES more than the Astramentis, so now to wait till either drops or the Astra to sell, so I can craft a new one :)
I'm curious, what was the first iteration of this build pre-cwc and post-cwc?
Last edited by Nerthazul on Dec 23, 2019, 6:47:22 AM
Time for a re roll so selling my stuff.

Will put all on trade site but thought I could mention the ammy here as I can sell with an imprint if you want to keep crafting it?
"

Will put all on trade site but thought I could mention the ammy here as I can sell with an imprint if you want to keep crafting it?

Whats the price on this??

and how did you like the build?
"
kscott13 wrote:
"

Whats the price on this??

and how did you like the build?

The only double T1 crafting base is listed for 30Ex (there's no way that can be a sensible price)

I'll list for 5Ex buyout but open to offers.

The build was fun but the clear speed isn't fast enough for me and my PC just can't handle it :)
Been putting money into crafting for this character and finally started leveling. What are your guys' thoughts on using Power of Purpose from the Militant Faith Timeless Jewel to convert our Mana into Armour. With 3k mana, you end up with something like 5k flat armour that you can raise with a flask or picking up a node like Faith and Steel (which also give ES and res). This would be really solid with VMS and just Molten Shell in general for tanking big hits.
EDIT: Scratch everything i said below, I bit the bullet, Tranquility feels amazing, I'm absolutely melting metamorphs/bosses now. HUGE upgrade.

How big of an upgrade is Tranquility over Mystic Talents? sitting at 9k ES and i finally colored my staff properly (lost 1 red for an extra blue, -life leech support +controlled destruction). I'm wondering if i should keep corrupting cyclopean coils, I'm about 11 belts deep already with no luck or just spend my chaos on the 2 golden oils.

Been super unlucky making currency and getting corruptions. My damage seems ok, but it could be better. If it's a huge jump it'll sway me over. Trying to save up for a ES on hit watchers eye, but im wondering if tranquility is the better spend right now.

Last edited by EnrageDlol on Dec 23, 2019, 4:46:49 PM
Ok, so i managed to get to Shaper also this league, getting fragments is now very difficult, Shaper Guardians maps can drop from map bosses with a very low chance ONLY if your Atlas is Awekened (i am at level 6/8 now) and also Zana can give you Shaper Guardians maps missions.

The Shaper and all the other end game bosses got buffed kinda hard starting with this league, they now have way more HP (some say that 6x more HP) and also an increased elemental resistances value of 50 from 40.

Nevertheless, new buffed version of The Shaper fight for this build is not difficult at all, you can face tank everything there with appropriate gear, here is the video of my first Shaper kill in 3.9 - Metamorph league:

I_Storm_Santa vs. The Shaper (buffed version) - 3.9 Metamorph league

Drop was the worst but, but, but, you can see in the background when Shaper dies a small surprise :)

Need only the second Shaper fragment to have all 4 fragments for Uber Elder fight (2 from Shaper, 2 from Red Elder), which will be a lot of fun i suppose with these new buffed versions of end game bosses!

Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 23, 2019, 5:27:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info