[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello, could someone take a look at my character please? (Broke_a_leg_went_AAAAAH)
I'm not sure in which direction should I upgrade. Right now my goal is to get corrupted gems on the staff, but it seems like a very minor improvement. Is there something I could change to make my character more powerful? I would appreciate any kind of advice.
Here's a pastebin link to PoB: https://pastebin.com/VFy48G48
Last edited by NoNick1337 on Oct 22, 2019, 7:35:48 PM
@NoNick1337

You're missing 6% increased attributes on your chest. If I were you, I'd start over again with a Vaal Regalia.

You're also missing at least one ring with 6% increased intelligence.

You're using Loath Wisdom rare gem instead of a Brute Force gem in that socket.

Your other rare gem has no int. Generally you are always better off trying to get at least 24ish int on your rare jewels.

Since you'll have to change a couple of items as your new 6% int rings won't have the resists you need (probably), consider finding an item with STR or DEX on it so you can get a passive point back.

New video: Going Deep

I followed @lilianmarius' example and went to Delve 1000, just out of curiosity. I'm not quite as Gucci, 3k ES and 300 Int behind in gear. But it didn't look like he was in any serious danger there, and I had some ideas to test. I took a more aggressive approach (as opposed to going more defensive), but also added 1 more layer of defense.

Damage: I use a -cold res helmet, don't trade resist penetration tree nodes for extra Int, and no Fortify except for the bosses and some very special nodes. The idea is to kill trash faster. Letting mobs accumulate is bad. Flask-wise, speed and damage worked better for me than defensive flasks except for some particularly nasty mod combos.

Rampage: Absolutely sweet! All you need is to cast Icestorm on the first pack you see, stop sinning, switch to Sinvicta's Mettle, move backwards for a second, switch back to WI and start clearing. Any 1 mob dying to Icestorm while you are holding Sinvicta starts the kill counter, even though it doesn't appear on the screen yet. Gems/links in Sinvicta don't matter at all, you can level gems in it if you care. Winter Orb setup is for regular mapping or 200-300 delves where all trash can die before you stop spinning and swap weapons. But in the deep they live long enough and die to Icestorm after you switch. The whole thing with Rampage is awesome. Thank you again for showing it to me, @lilianmarius!

Defense: I found a reason to 6L the chest! Frost Wall added to the CWDT link works wonders against those stupid ice balls that shoot projectiles when they die, as well as a number of other dangerous ranged enemies. Blocking melee hitters and making them recalculate pathing instead of attacking you is great too.

Bosses: This is where Fortify is good. I bring all 3 weapons with me: clear with the Spell Cascade staff with Sinvicta as a swap weapon, replace the clearing staff with the boss staff before attacking the boss.

Curiosly, at a certain point Kurgal becomes more dangerous than Aul. Aul's attacks are easy enough to dodge, and they are 75% cold. Not letting Kurgal's green beams touch you is much harder, and his damage is 100% physical - which becomes extremely rippy with +extra ele dmg mods. But overall it's all about the mods, not depth. Any boss is very dangerous with bad mods even at 400-500 depth and is pretty easy at 900-1000 depth without them.
Nice stuff Kelvynn!
Finally got my first deathless Uber Elder kill. I keep forgetting to get out the way when they are dying...I may have had less than 500 ES left but it's still a victory! Of course this was like my 9th or 10th kill and I got crap drops, but who cares? I'll take it. :)
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Finally got my first deathless Uber Elder kill. I keep forgetting to get out the way when they are dying...I may have had less than 500 ES left but it's still a victory! Of course this was like my 9th or 10th kill and I got crap drops, but who cares? I'll take it. :)

Grats! :)
"
Graiaule wrote:
@NoNick1337

You're missing 6% increased attributes on your chest. If I were you, I'd start over again with a Vaal Regalia.

You're also missing at least one ring with 6% increased intelligence.

You're using Loath Wisdom rare gem instead of a Brute Force gem in that socket.

Your other rare gem has no int. Generally you are always better off trying to get at least 24ish int on your rare jewels.

Since you'll have to change a couple of items as your new 6% int rings won't have the resists you need (probably), consider finding an item with STR or DEX on it so you can get a passive point back.

Huge thank you! I've threw out the jewel without int and switched around the others. That gave me plenty of additional INT. I've also managed to get a hold of this Vaal Regalia:

Last edited by NoNick1337 on Oct 26, 2019, 9:05:48 PM
Could this build be HC viable? It has everything I'm looking for. I'm just not sure how good it would be on hardcore.
"
Could this build be HC viable? It has everything I'm looking for. I'm just not sure how good it would be on hardcore.

It's not a reliable hardcore build compared to a summoner, for example. I typically have about 10 deaths levelling up to maps.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

It's not a reliable hardcore build compared to a summoner, for example. I typically have about 10 deaths levelling up to maps.

But once you get to maps are you good? Is it just the leveling that sucks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info