[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hey for anyone farming Uber Elder with this build...how often are you seeing Watcher's Eye drops? I just had my 10th kill and so far only one has dropped. I don't know if I'll ever make the 40 kill challenge but most of the time the drops are pretty crap...every now and then I get a few goodies but it is mostly pretty disappointing.

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Hey for anyone farming Uber Elder with this build...how often are you seeing Watcher's Eye drops? I just had my 10th kill and so far only one has dropped. I don't know if I'll ever make the 40 kill challenge but most of the time the drops are pretty crap...every now and then I get a few goodies but it is mostly pretty disappointing.

Drop rate of jewel is around 20% so that means, on average you can get 1 jewel per 5 kills. I did over 80 kills this league and I can say that 20% value is valid, didn't count but for sure got more than 15-20 jewels but even so most of these were bad ones (under 1 exalt value).
Last edited by lilianmarius on Nov 4, 2019, 2:40:47 AM
Sounds good lilian...so I guess that crazy gucci one that dropped for you was some serious Rngesus luck. :)

I did have a really crappy one drop from the shaper but it was near worthless. This is the only one that UE dropped...I thought it might be worth a few exalts but no takers yet:

On an unrelated note, I made this from a corruption this morning but since we are not using freeze and chill due to EO I guess this isn't any good for this build:

Hello Lilianmarius, i have one question. I see you are using herald of ice. How do you proc the explosions? I used it in the past when winter orb was a thing, but now i don´t get any explosion with elemental focus linked to icestorm.
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
Hello Lilianmarius, i have one question. I see you are using herald of ice. How do you proc the explosions? I used it in the past when winter orb was a thing, but now i don´t get any explosion with elemental focus linked to icestorm.

I was using HoI only for added cold damage and for %increased damage from quality. You can't proc explosions with only IceStorm since we don't freeze and shatter the mobs with it like we were doing when using Winter Orb as a channeling skill. Having high ES values, for normal mapping Arctic Armour is not a mandatory aura anymore so I replaced it with HoI. So just a small DPS upgrade nothing else.

This is the reason why for normal mapping and bosses I also replaced Discipline with Summon Skitterbots (24% more damage from shock) to go as fast as possible while not being afraid of dying.

In deep delving and UE fights I put back AA in the setup.

With over 14K ES and very high damage output (over 100k Shaper Average Hit for IceStorm) I can do with no issues at all UE without Discipline :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Nov 5, 2019, 4:34:32 AM
Thank you for your hard work!
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Naramie_VI wrote:

I was using HoI only for added cold damage and for %increased damage from quality. You can't proc explosions with only IceStorm since we don't freeze and shatter the mobs with it like we were doing when using Winter Orb as a channeling skill. Having high ES values, for normal mapping Arctic Armour is not a mandatory aura anymore so I replaced it with HoI. So just a small DPS upgrade nothing else.

This is the reason why for normal mapping and bosses I also replaced Discipline with Summon Skitterbots (24% more damage from shock) to go as fast as possible while not being afraid of dying.

In deep delving and UE fights I put back AA in the setup.

With over 14K ES and very high damage output (over 100k Shaper Average Hit for IceStorm) I can do with no issues at all UE without Discipline :)

Ty for your detailed answer. Maybe i give skitterbot a try aswell, but first i try to get my first lvl 100 char in a league. Mostly played standard league, but after i was so lucky with crafting/dropping some stuff i will stay in the blight league and aim for my first lvl 100 char in a temporary league. 97 now, still a long way to go :-)
After spending more Farric Frost Alphas than I'd care to mention, I've finally completed my endgame armour:

I saw it for cheap one day and thought I would multi-mod and turn it into something better than what I was using - but getting those rolls just right ended up taking a while since I quickly ran out of Einhar beasts for the crafting. It was just a back burner project that I never thought I'd finish. Wasted about 400 fusings trying for a 6L but I've gotten this far without one so no worries there.

Having 40 Int vs 6% Inc Attr I ended up with a net loss of 3 Int which I can definitely live with. Losing some Str and Dex was a bit annoying as I was at 156 Str so I just need to level up another Immortal Call to 17 which isn't too big of a problem. As I've gained about 400 ES over my old armour I'd say it was worth it:

Now for a Hillock craft to get a few more ES and I should be close to 12k. Definitely not Gucci but us mere mortals can't hope to compete with Lilian. :-)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Nov 8, 2019, 2:17:14 PM
ty for the build guide. For the rings, do you recommend using a corrupted Shavronne's Revelation with %increased intelligence and a high intelligence roll?
I don't know if anyone has used Shav's Revelation for this build. I picked one up but since Dex, Str and Resists are very tight for this build I haven't been able to use it. The 100 ES would be nice if you could make up the other more important stats elsewhere.

Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Nov 9, 2019, 1:10:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info