[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:
One "easy" way to 100% counter elemental reflect maps without rely on Kelvynn's Wise Oak flasks approach cause i don't tend to rely on flasks since i am pressing them in a chaotic panic way and sometimes i find myself with no flask charges for one or more of them :)

If you have a 3 G-B-B link in your staff for Cyclone and you can get one of the blue sockets transformed to white with Vorici in Research or by simple staff corruption output, you can switch that blue DPS gem to Fortify gem.

Fortify + Sybil's Lament + Soul of Yugul and elemental reflect is not an issue anymore no matter what flasks you use.

Fortify linked to Cyclone instead of a DPS gem in staff is extremely useful in deep delving (past 600 depth) where mobs start to hit "like a truck" so this is another good usage of this gem beside countering elemental reflect.

Lilian do you still have any of the white corrupted socket staff that can fullfill this case for sale by any chance?
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
I'd like to try using Fortify for Atziri runs. I did about 20 regular runs the other day without any anti-reflect setup and I had a few stupid deaths due to icestorms hitting the reflect clone (especially when I was also cursing her with Frostbite, lol).

Now that I'm getting ready to do some Uber Atziri runs I'm going to take things a little more seriously so I think a Fortify/Sybil/Yugul setup should keep me safer since I'm so bad at fighting her. :)

For regular Atziri, just bring 2 Wise Oaks and you'll be fine even if you get all 3 clone phases in a row.

For Uber it's a little more complicated. The archer bitch is more dangerous than Atziri herself, bring a Basalt just for her and watch her closely - if she raises her arm, you have about 1 sec to get away from the spot you were in. Plus you need a couple of Ruby flasks (otherwise Flameblast hurts a lot), ideally of Warding with ext duration.

And you have to dodge the Stormcalls like everybody else.
Well I bumbled my way through Uber Atziri and another Uber Elder kill:

I made a lot of dumb mistakes on UA but for my UE kill I only died 3 times vs 5 on my first try. Progress!

Picking up a Watcher's Eye with max mana to ES brought my ES up to 13,400 for those big fights which helped a lot. Expensive, but worth it. I'll save the ES on hit for mapping and delving.

Ok I'm now a believer in having Fortify in the staff. I created a new staff for this purpose and did another Uber Atziri run and wiped the floor with her. The DPS drop was noticeable but that Fortify buff really made me tanky. It was a big help against the trio as I was able to just faceroll them pretty easily.

I sometimes die to that wretch that drops the shards from above as the game still seems bugged to drop them long after she's dead and I sometimes forget to get out of the damn way. Funny thing after I took out UA I switched back to my old setup and went back to the room and they were still dropping. I let one hit me and it did around 10,000 damage (my pool was 10,900) so that's nothing to fool with.

UA herself was almost a joke with 13,400 ES (Watcher's Eye swap) and Fortify. I dodged quite a few flameblasts and stormcalls but a few still hit and most didn't do a whole lot of damage. Easy deathless run.
I was testing out Rampage and you can get it to work without ever attacking or casting with the axe. I would start Icestorm get it hitting a few mobs and switch to the axe for a few seconds so a few mobs die while holding it. Switching back to Icestorm and Rampage would be going with the Icestorm kills. It won't show up until you have the 15 kills for the counter but if you do it right it is running before you see it.

I did try just immediately switching back form the axe and that doesn't work.
"
Gythy wrote:
I was testing out Rampage and you can get it to work without ever attacking or casting with the axe. I would start Icestorm get it hitting a few mobs and switch to the axe for a few seconds so a few mobs die while holding it. Switching back to Icestorm and Rampage would be going with the Icestorm kills. It won't show up until you have the 15 kills for the counter but if you do it right it is running before you see it.

I did try just immediately switching back form the axe and that doesn't work.

I did some experiments with Rampage and got it down to science. All you need is any 1 mob dying to your damage when you have Sinvicta equipped. That starts the Rampage kill counter from 1. And after it has started, you just need to keep killing mobs 'recently' (i.e. at least 1 kill in 4 sec) regardless of the weapon/skill.

In short:
1) you cast Icestorm on a pack;
2) stop spinning (the game won't let you swap weapons until the Cyclone animation stops);
3) swap to Sinvicta;
4) move 1-2 steps;
5) swap back to WI and keep killing.

As long as anything dies during that brief period while you have Sinvicta as your primary weapon, the Rampage will successfully trigger. Winter Orb is completely optional, as well as any links or gems in the swap weapon. You only need WO when the mobs die too fast and there is nothing left of that pack by the time you stop spinning and swap the weapon. But you don't really need Rampage for that kind of content.
Interesting...I usually kill a few enemies with Winter Orb in the axe and then switch to my Cyclone setup and keep killing mobs. I haven't tried starting with Ice Storm but will give that a shot.
Deeper Exile, Deeper!

Just managed to pass 900 depth in Delve with this build and what can i say, the build with endgame gear is really capable of doing deep delving, at least at this depth level 900-1000.

Mandatory things that carried this build to this depth are: Cyclone as movement skill, Fortify support gem in staff, Rampage mechanic and the Watcher's Eye with dual Discipline(+ES on hit)/Clarity (Extra ES) mods. Without them it would have been way, way harder to survive the crazy damage and mods that are almost at every corner at this depth level.

You will understand how important is to continuously cyclone at an high speed granted by Rampage and Quicksilver flask as a pseudo dodging technique only if you will reach this level of depth. If you spin you stay alive, if you stop you have high chance of dying :)

From 700 depth to 900 depth i died about 9 times but all of these deaths were in extremely "rippy" encounters with 10+ mods (with 3, even 4 damage mods) and mobs density of 40%+

Here is a video with an Vaal Outpost city encounter at 903 depth with "easy" mods for this depth though:

Spin_On_Ice-Life in The cities at 900+ Depth

And here is a video with an Aul fight at 823 depth with almost no mods(only power charge on crit). The fight was easy but an Aul encounter with "rippy" mods at this depth is almost impossible for the build.

Spin_On_Ice vs. Aul The Crystal King - Depth 823

And also a video of fight vs. Ahutotli the Blind, the other Delve boss at depth 869 with easy mods:

Spin_On_Ice vs. Ahutotli the Blind - Depth 869

A lot of cities and fossil nodes (normal and special ones) started to appear after 750-800 depth and this translated into nice currency you can get by going at this level of depth.

My last goal related to Delve this league is to reach Delve 1000+ depth (which is very possible to happen in the next few days).

This will prove once again that this build is not only an ultimate boss killer (over 50 UE killed with it up to now in this league) but also an extremely "tanky" build with excellent combination of defensive and offensive mechanics and this thanks to Kelvynn's great ideas and knowledge.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 18, 2019, 7:15:41 PM
Hi.
I just wanted to know if it is possible to do this build with a Witch please?
Is Scion really mandatory? ( got a Witch lvl 90, wanna respec her )
Hey could you please have a look at my character and tell me what would be a bigger increase in damage, my current amulet or astramentis? Astramentis would give me an additional 100 int (100 because it doesnt have any anointments on it atm so I'm taking into account adding an anointment to it) but my current amulet gives me 1% increased damage per 15 int, +30 to all attributes, along with 6% chance to generate 1 of the 3 charges on kill, which are almost always at max charges throughout a map.

I'm assuming my rare amulet would since I have 1810 int with it on, and then the 1% incr dmg per 15 int so it gives me a pretty good dmg boost and the charges as well for additional benefits, but idk if there's something I'm missing here.

Here's a link to my pob if that'll help: https://pastebin.com/Ja2MctGu

Also if you could point out any other way I can better upgrade my character that'd be amazing as well, as right now I can't really find a way without spending a lot of exalts which I don't have...

Thanks!
Last edited by shadowrs on Oct 19, 2019, 11:29:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info