[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Breken wrote:
"
MKL122788 wrote:

This may be an entirely separate issue, but I was wondering about your path of building...and the 4-5 other really well geared people here.

There are 8 nodes near the starting point of scion where you go down and to the left grabbing shaper, some str(int) nodes and forcing a brute force gem there.

Why do you guys not take those 8 nodes and instead connect going up on the left there(4 spots, 3 int and 1 jewel) and take 3 nodes and grab the int/jewel on the top right above scion as well?

You trade shaper for a jewel socket and aren't forced to use brute force so you can use better custom cobalt gems.

This could also free up the left side for potential swapping to other locations as well because it isn't locked in.

Going that way would result in much less overall int for a couple reasons.

1. You would be lowering the effective travel distance to the split personality jewels. With my build that would be around 60 less int and 60 less ES from those jewels.

2. That brute force in that position is doing a ton of work, more so than any rare jewel I can think of. It alone provides 74 raw int (with the conversion) The best you could do with the other pathing is around 50. Plus that pathing also runs us by another +30 int node.

It only ends up being a loss of roughly 30 int. Yes, that gem provides 74 raw int, but to count that, you have to count how many points it takes up to provide that 74 int.

https://pastebin.com/5aHitDfe

I was comparing the above pathing(which only shorts split personality by about 10 spots) that I made and it comes up about 4% DPS higher with 5% extra move speed(if not using stampede) at just the cost of 2% Energy Shield.

I thought it would be a net gain for efficiency because the danger of dying is so low at that gearing level.
Last edited by MKL122788 on Jul 29, 2020, 7:34:31 PM
Is awaken cold penetration better than inspiration support?
Also, the duration cluster is not worth 3 points?
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
SirPwnzAlot wrote:
Augmenting the rings with defense can also result in +Evasion... so thats a 50/50 everytime :(. Another question, all builds i see use Cold to the Core, Vengeful Commander and Widespread Destruction craft. Am i correct in the assumption that everyone doesnt skill Widespread Destruction? Cause otherwise I always run out of skill points

Edit: oh i forgot i can just block evasion with master craft

Slamming the evasion was my biggest fear, especially with twice the weight of the %ES mod. At that point, wouldn't have much choice to do some add\removes to try and salvage it. Evasion isn't craftable on rings unfortunately.

The build is very point starved, so no you really never allocate the third notable on the clusters. You grab Cold to the Core, Vengeful Commander, and the two jewel sockets. That's it. The third notable just makes sure the positioning of CTTC an VC come before the sockets.

Yeah i slammed Evasion on my first bought base with int and #ES :(
Hey guys,

what about Cluster Jewels? I skipped that league and dont know what to look for with regards to this build. Is there any way to search this 300+ pages long post for key words?

Thx in advance
For those who don't use of the heat flask, how do you deal with freezes if you have warding flask, staunching flask, bottled faith, quicksilver, and the wise oak? Or do you just take hit and hope it doesn't kill you?
"
Nikcoin wrote:
For those who don't use of the heat flask, how do you deal with freezes if you have warding flask, staunching flask, bottled faith, quicksilver, and the wise oak? Or do you just take hit and hope it doesn't kill you?

If you have the Inquisitor ascendancy node, any consecrated ground makes you immune to all elemental aliments. So if you hit bottled faith (or any sulfur flask for that matter), you unfreeze.
Last edited by Breken on Jul 30, 2020, 7:37:41 PM
I uhhh got insanely lucky and can't believe my luck. Three influence horts later and I'm wearing this. Not sure if this is worth mirroring but if anyone wants a copy, let me know and I'm happy to oblige.

"
AdamnMiller wrote:
I uhhh got insanely lucky and can't believe my luck. Three influence horts later and I'm wearing this. Not sure if this is worth mirroring but if anyone wants a copy, let me know and I'm happy to oblige.

My god
Hey guys,

what should I be looking for with regard to cluster jewels?

thx
Finally managed to get myself some time to go over 1000 depth this league, even if going deep is not so rewarding this league due to low price of fossils/essences/maps.

No special setup needed to reach 1000 depth, maybe after, if i go deeper, will need to replace Skitterbots with Discipline, Vaal RF with Increased Duration in CWDT/Immortal Call setup and maybe some pantheons/flasks changes according to areas i travel.

Just before hitting 1000 depth met also 2x Aul, my "friend" from the depths, no "special" mods for these 2 encounters but the depth level make him hit hard and have a lot of life.

Here are some videos of one of the Aul fights at depth 999 and some cities (Primeval Chamber) clearing after depth 1000:

Ice_On_My_Crop vs. Aul The Crystal King (Depth 999) - Harvest league

Life in the cities at 1000+ Delve depth

And on top of these Delve "achievements", managed to farm enough currency to get for myself 1x Mirror of Kalandra:

Last edited by lilianmarius on Aug 1, 2020, 11:13:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info