[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I got really really lucky with the rings too. I bought them with T1 int and flat ES, and each Aug Def gave me %ES.
could you please remove the Cluster Jewel Setup since Split Personality is limited to 2 now?
Or is there a new build for that?

The damage potential seems higher when you use rares as replacement but if you want a similar high ES you will have to get ES split personalities.
The investment for this build is way higher.

At least please edit the post for the cluster jewel build and make a mention of this issue.
Last edited by TrueSelenis on Jul 26, 2020, 5:02:30 PM
"
omglapizza wrote:
I got really really lucky with the rings too. I bought them with T1 int and flat ES, and each Aug Def gave me %ES.

welp, for one ring i just hit t2 of both es and have t1 of everything else so just leaving it at that while i try another ring
"
kharadus wrote:

The thing I'm wondering about is how to proc EO consistently if I switch to using Awakened Controlled Destruction, as I have real hard time finding the crit necessary to get it rolling. I could invest in Bottled Faith as the damn Cortexes keep shoveling out sceptres to no end for me, but that means losing a lot of potential rem/add influence modifier rolls on the chests in hopes of hitting the t1 %int.

I've been using controlled destruction for 4 leagues now and i've never had an issue keeping up EO permanently without anything.

If you use the inspiration setup, inspiration itself gives way more crit than needed to keep up EO, and even without, light of divinity and trickery, and the concecrated ground from inquis and a sulphur flask give more than enough critchance to keep it up. We only need to crit once every 8 seconds, and both icestorm and cyclone can crit for us.
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
Zelphar wrote:
steps to craft that amulet?

Honestly, lots of luck and currency. I honestly was going for %damage per intellect, %max energy shield, and +flat energy shield, but got super lucky on one of the augments. Your mileage may vary!

1. Get yourself any amulet that has 6-9% attributes on it and your preferred base with 9-12% intelligence. Use an Awakener Orb to combine the two making sure the attribute amulet will be put into your preferred base.

2. Check the amulet to see if you can clean it up with harvest crafts. In my case, I had the %attribute and %intelligence rolls as my only suffixes, and had two prefixes.

3. Remove the two prefixes. Craft cold damage to attacks and then use an augment cold modifier craft. The idea here is we want to start adding, removing and remove\adding influence modifiers with the harvest crafting, but we need to make sure we don't add an influence suffix. Cold resistance or %cold damage is guaranteed here.

4. Change cold damage to attacks to Suffixes cannot be changed meta craft. This will ensure we don't remove any of our attribute rolls.

5. Augment a new influence modifier. If you don't hit %pen or %damage, use remove\add crafts until you get one or the other.

6. Once you have one modifier, you want to augment another influence modifier. Best case scenario you hit the second mod. If not, check the tag of the new mod. It's very likely you can target annul it (phys or lightning). If you can't, hope and pray with a remove\add influence. If you hit your good mod, you'll have to continue remove\adding until you get one of them back.

7. After you get both %pen and %damage as your two influence prefixes, remove the suffixes cannot be change mod and augment a defense modifier. Continue to remove\add defense until you hit your desired outcome. Your goal here is either flat added ES or %max ES. You'll have to check your PoB to see which is better. The difference between these for me was about 1.2k average hit and 40ES, so I stopped at the first T1 mod I found. There are a ton of defense prefix modifiers available, so it might take a bit.

8. Annul the cold damage\cold res by removing a cold modifier. If you care about divining the item, this would be the perfect time to do so. Then bench craft intellect until you hit 36. Don't forget to quality it up and anoint Tranquility, this can be done at any point during the crafting process!

made both rings, not sure what to upgrade next. i want to get closer to 3k intelligence, but not sure what i am missing as I am still under 2200. You can check the char here : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lylybell/characters
"
TrueSelenis wrote:
could you please remove the Cluster Jewel Setup since Split Personality is limited to 2 now?
Or is there a new build for that?

The damage potential seems higher when you use rares as replacement but if you want a similar high ES you will have to get ES split personalities.
The investment for this build is way higher.

At least please edit the post for the cluster jewel build and make a mention of this issue.

Cluster jewels are still very useful and so are Split Personality jewels. The highest damage potential is only possible via stacking Vengeful Commander notables and using Hatred. There is no need to remove it.

Kelvynn who maintains the build guide is currently not playing so it will not be getting updates until he comes around.
"
omglapizza wrote:
Well I think I'm done here! Outside of throwing more exalts at rerolling defense modifiers on my chest to hit higher tiers, I'm pretty satisfied with what I've made and accomplished this league. This has been one of the best builds I've ever done, I feel invincible! Just need to finish up a few more challenges for the portal effect. Might corrupt all my gear to hit 30% quality just to eek out a little more ES.

Final gear:
Spoiler

Stats:

How can u have 14.5k Energy Shield and not using Discipline? or what am i missing.
"
KGF wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:
Well I think I'm done here! Outside of throwing more exalts at rerolling defense modifiers on my chest to hit higher tiers, I'm pretty satisfied with what I've made and accomplished this league. This has been one of the best builds I've ever done, I feel invincible! Just need to finish up a few more challenges for the portal effect. Might corrupt all my gear to hit 30% quality just to eek out a little more ES.

Final gear:
Spoiler

Stats:

How can u have 14.5k Energy Shield and not using Discipline? or what am i missing.

I think its because he have a Watcher's eye with Gain #% of maximum mana as Extra energy shield while affected by clarity

if you also have hatred pen or flat cold that allow you to run hatred and clarity but a watcher's eye like that cost $$$
"
KGF wrote:

It's a combination of a few things really. The more intellect you have, the more %ES you gain from all sources. This alone gives me 11.5k ES. Combine this with a Clarity %Mana granted as additional ES, which gets scaled with the crazy amount of %ES from intellect, adds a whopping 3.5k ES to this total. The end result is a few ES shy of 15k.

Now if I wanted to throw Discipline back into the mix for added survivability instead of the extra damage I get from Skitterbots, it'll put me at 16.7k ES.

"
Zelphar wrote:
made both rings, not sure what to upgrade next. i want to get closer to 3k intelligence, but not sure what i am missing as I am still under 2200. You can check the char here : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lylybell/characters

If you're really looking to increase your intelligence numbers, you're gonna have to aim for gloves that have higher int values and a chest\helm that have high int as well. Other issues I notice is you have no anoint on your boots and your Astramentis isn't qualitied at all. The corrupted belt is great, but in all honesty, it's only providing you an extra 2% str and int over a uncorrupted, qualitied one with max roll (18%). They're expensive though, so this would be one of the last pieces I would focus on.

Your tree is kind of a mess too from what I can see. It's like you stuck with the original non split personality tree and started converting without setting everything up optimally. Sure, your pathing from the start to your split personality jewels is a bit longer, but you don't take any of the proper nodes so you can convert strength and dex on your tree into intellect with Brute Force\Fertile Mind. That accounts for a huge portion of intellect you're missing there. I don't think the channeling medium cluster is worth it at all, and you're going to want to change your large clusters to ones that have Cold to the Core\Vengeful Commander (if you swap to Hatred, which you should at some point when optimizing for damage).

I fixed your POB with the optimal pathing. I think I gained you 400ish int just from correct tree\jewel usage. https://pastebin.com/aJ5hVMcY

"
omglapizza wrote:
"
KGF wrote:

It's a combination of a few things really. The more intellect you have, the more %ES you gain from all sources. This alone gives me 11.5k ES. Combine this with a Clarity %Mana granted as additional ES, which gets scaled with the crazy amount of %ES from intellect, adds a whopping 3.5k ES to this total. The end result is a few ES shy of 15k.

Now if I wanted to throw Discipline back into the mix for added survivability instead of the extra damage I get from Skitterbots, it'll put me at 16.7k ES.

"
Zelphar wrote:

If you're really looking to increase your intelligence numbers, you're gonna have to aim for gloves that have higher int values and a chest\helm that have high int as well. Other issues I notice is you have no anoint on your boots and your Astramentis isn't qualitied at all. The corrupted belt is great, but in all honesty, it's only providing you an extra 2% str and int over a uncorrupted, qualitied one with max roll (18%). They're expensive though, so this would be one of the last pieces I would focus on.

Your tree is kind of a mess too from what I can see. It's like you stuck with the original non split personality tree and started converting without setting everything up optimally. Sure, your pathing from the start to your split personality jewels is a bit longer, but you don't take any of the proper nodes so you can convert strength and dex on your tree into intellect with Brute Force\Fertile Mind. That accounts for a huge portion of intellect you're missing there. I don't think the channeling medium cluster is worth it at all, and you're going to want to change your large clusters to ones that have Cold to the Core\Vengeful Commander (if you swap to Hatred, which you should at some point when optimizing for damage).

I fixed your POB with the optimal pathing. I think I gained you 400ish int just from correct tree\jewel usage. https://pastebin.com/aJ5hVMcY

Thanks for the answer, Also what is the cluster jewel in the passivetree? cant see it. And last question i some what of how much this setup ost exalted wise? lets say to get good gear but not insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info