[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Congrats to both of you! I always marvel at people who are so dedicated to playing this game. I'm just getting ready to fight Uber Elder and still working on getting my final gear. I used to mainly play Standard in my old guild so leagues are still a bit new to me...never bothered with the challenges much but I think you've both inspired me to try a little harder at them. :)

Of course, my first Shaper, Uber Atziri, Red Elder and Uber Elder kills were all with this build. Prior to that I never accomplished so much in PoE and I'm still learning how to be a better player.

This league has been tough as I've found it a lot harder to make currency. In prior leagues I delved like a madman and crafted high ES armour with Dense fossils and made tons of exalts selling it. Making some this league but it is much slower. I will have to research some new ways to fund my desire for fine gucci gear.
First Uber Elder kill. Damn tough fight with only 10,300 ES...I'm just not too experienced with them. Barely got them with my last portal. Drops were crap, but it still felt good. :)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Oct 13, 2019, 1:36:37 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Just managed to corrupt my first ring with 6% intelligence - first in around 40 tries this league.

This is a very nice corrupted ring :)

Now my Fire and Lightning resistances are equally low (76) and i just bypassed 16K ES and this with 2965 Intelligence

I also upgraded my Temple gloves (with special mod %increased damage with hits against chilled enemies) and the old ones are for sale now for only 4 exalts if anyone is interested.

"BIS" gloves for this build if you ask me, with max damage roll(50%), Tier1 Intelligence and Tier1 Cold Resistance

Do these gloves work for this build? The increased damage specifies "hits."
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Last edited by cloudblade70 on Oct 13, 2019, 10:24:40 PM
"
cloudblade70 wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Just managed to corrupt my first ring with 6% intelligence - first in around 40 tries this league.

This is a very nice corrupted ring :)

Now my Fire and Lightning resistances are equally low (76) and i just bypassed 16K ES and this with 2965 Intelligence

I also upgraded my Temple gloves (with special mod %increased damage with hits against chilled enemies) and the old ones are for sale now for only 4 exalts if anyone is interested.

"BIS" gloves for this build if you ask me, with max damage roll(50%), Tier1 Intelligence and Tier1 Cold Resistance

Do these gloves work for this build? The increased damage specifies "hits."

Of course they do, Icestorm is a spell that hits, and it hits multiple times per second.
Mh...I just cannot seem to make it work. It feels too squishy (well, my toon does :-) ).
My feeling is I'd need a ton of better Items than what I currently have.
The Clearspeed on higher Maps is way better with my Cyclone Scion atm so I guess I gonna farm with him first.
One should always have multiple builds ready :-)
Just shot these puppies for 2ex (were non-crafted before)

Rarity: Rare
Onslaught Grasp
Sorcerer Gloves
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 190 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 69
Int: 97
--------
Sockets: B-B B
--------
Item Level: 80
--------
+47 to Intelligence
117% increased Energy Shield
+48% to Cold Resistance
+31% to Lightning Resistance
16% increased Stun and Block Recovery
40% increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies
+33 to maximum Energy Shield (crafted)

Time to farm up hillock again. This will make the resistances a lot easier :).
Also finished my multi-crafted chest.

Next step is crafting an amulet - anyone have any suggestions for that besides just alt-spamming for %int and dmg% per 15 int?
Last night i managed to pass 700 depth in Delve with my char which is a new personal best for me with this build, highest previous depth was around 630 in Legion league playing this build.

Seeing how this build perform at 650-700 depth now i am confident that i'll manage to pass even 800 depth this league with it.

The only modification added compared to normal maps is the replacement of a DPS gem in the staff(Controlled Destruction) with Fortify so all the incoming damage is lowered by 20%. Mobs hit very hard at 700 depth but i managed to pass even through very rippy 8+ mods areas with +40% increased monster density without too much hassle.

Rampage triggered in 2nd weapon also does help a lot in Delve since it helps with clearing and also grants extremely useful mods like 50% increased movement speed and 100% increased damage at 1000 kills(which happens very often in Delve areas at this depth)

Regarding Rampage, it is very easy to trigger it, i made a lot of testing of it and what can i say is that is enough to kill 1-2 mobs with the skill in the Rampage axe (in my case 6L Winter Orb) than quickly switch to Whispering Ice and kill the other mobs to reach 15 kills and start triggering the Rampage mechanic.

So you don't need to have your current active weapon as the Rampage axe (Sinvicta's Mettle) while you start Rampage (15+ mobs killed).

Here is a video of my character killing at 703 depth the Delve version of Argus (Gehennix - a very "rippy" mini boss at this depth for most of the builds) in a Molten Cavity node encounter (it always drop a rare Faceted fossil)

Spin_On_Ice vs. Gehennnix (Argus of the Delve) - 703 depth

Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 14, 2019, 6:16:16 AM
How much currency is needed for this build to function approximately?
Nice delving...damn that guy dishes out some damage. I'm sticking around 180ish for the time being.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Nice delving...damn that guy dishes out some damage. I'm sticking around 180ish for the time being.

When you have over 6 million DPS (according to Firestorm/IceStorm calculator) you can afford to drop a DPS gem in order to stay a bit safer. 700 delve is not 180 delve when it comes to monster damage output and area mods. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info