[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Anyone try the nerfed Hex Breaker? I'm not sure a channeling medium is necessary at all but was thinking about trying to roll em with the cluster changes. Would make Enduring Warcry more awkward but I only use that in specific situations anyways. I just feel like most of my deaths have come from my curse flask not having charges on it.
I would avoid using a spilt personality tree if you don't have the jewels. There are more efficient paths for stacking INT if you don't have to balance the pathing for tree length.
Can someone tell me how to get going with a skill tree as it is pretty much outdated? Just all the way to 'Heart of Ice' excluding 'Ash, Forst and Storm'(changed) ? Feel so lost
"
finkes wrote:
Can someone tell me how to get going with a skill tree as it is pretty much outdated? Just all the way to 'Heart of Ice' excluding 'Ash, Forst and Storm'(changed) ? Feel so lost

Hi Finkes,

I was using this tree before getting Split Personality Jewels.

https://pastebin.com/r9zjBkC4
"
kater wrote:
Anyone try the nerfed Hex Breaker? I'm not sure a channeling medium is necessary at all but was thinking about trying to roll em with the cluster changes. Would make Enduring Warcry more awkward but I only use that in specific situations anyways. I just feel like most of my deaths have come from my curse flask not having charges on it.

I haven't used it yet, but if I read it right, it will be useless for map mods, and that's really the only time I care about curses. It will remove a curse every 2 seconds, but on a map, that curse will be applied again instantly. I may try to buy a cheap hexbreaker jewel just to make sure. I REALLY miss being immune to all curses without dealing with flasks.
"
sudaB6274 wrote:
Hi, I just begun this build and I´m lvl 40 so far. I just bought the Staff and changed my main skill to Cyclone - CWC.

How does this build work exactly? When I attack with cyclone the ability from the staff starts working. My question is: what makes the damage? The cyclone or the ability from the Staff? Or both? Cyclone deals physical damage and the other one deals cold damage. I see in the passive tree many nodes increasing the cold damage.

I see sometimes that the icestorm doesn´t hit the enemies. Any idea about this?

Should I always keep moving or should I stay still hitting with cyclone?

Thanks!

Icestorm is doing most of the damage. Cyclone and cwc are just used to endlessly cast icestorm and moving right through NPC packs. As your gems level up and you grab more and more intelligence points in the passive tree icestorm will become stronger and stronger.

I prefer to keep moving to avoid nasty corpse explosions and projectiles. I know early on that makes it hard to hit with icestorm. But just keep on leveling up and you'll notice this wont be an issue at higher levels.
"
sakuya_m wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
sakuya_m wrote:
Then at lvl73 I managed to craft an expensive amulet in the menagerie. That allowed me to instantly upgrade all my gear ...

Please tell us what you did!

Since I don't have any good crafting recipes with Einhar yet I just went in and emptied all the cages and crafted uniques. The 2nd jewel (not amulet, must have been drunk when I wrote that haha) turned out to be an unending hunger with above average stats. So I sold it for over 4 exalts, which gave me more than enough currency to buy all the stuff I needed.

Oh bummer. I thought you had found an unknown way to beast-craft an amazing amulet!

Thanks for the follow up.
I have to give mad props to the people who came up with the Hatred Variant last league. It wasn't worth it to me at the time with all the crazy split personality stuff. But that extra 30% more multiplier from Hatred and the two Vengeful commander/Cold to the core jewels REALLY helps push the damage back to where it was.

Framerate with Vulkan is noticeably better with the newest NVIDIA drivers, and I'm not noticing horrible lag even with spell cascade on laggy maps.

I'm almost fully geared, just need a %int on my body armor, and a bit of ring tweaking. After that the only upgrade is the endless grind into mirror tier body armor and amulets, and the stupidly expensive Emperor's Mastery Jewel.

Oh, and I can confirm that HexBreaker is 100% useless for map curse mods. Just tried it and the curse didn't even flicker.

Stay frosty Icestormers.
Last edited by Breken on Jul 2, 2020, 9:55:41 PM
lol thats dumb, i just assumed the hex would stay off as long as you were channeling. guess no reason to even look at channeling jewels. maybe flasks to go with curse medium? or dont bother i guess, its not like the points wouldn't be used.

i've got a max total recovery from es leech small and i really think it has helped my survival a ton. i'm not sure where the other recovery boosts were suggested at but its nice.

oh and i had my first uhh i think the game is having a panic attack moment even without using cascade. just a couple einhar beasts blasting god knows what while a harbinger goes off and i stumble into a breach.
Last edited by kater on Jul 3, 2020, 2:03:10 AM
"
Breken wrote:
I have to give mad props to the people who came up with the Hatred Variant last league. It wasn't worth it to me at the time with all the crazy split personality stuff. But that extra 30% more multiplier from Hatred and the two Vengeful commander/Cold to the core jewels REALLY helps push the damage back to where it was.

Framerate with Vulkan is noticeably better with the newest NVIDIA drivers, and I'm not noticing horrible lag even with spell cascade on laggy maps.

I'm almost fully geared, just need a %int on my body armor, and a bit of ring tweaking. After that the only upgrade is the endless grind into mirror tier body armor and amulets, and the stupidly expensive Emperor's Mastery Jewel.

Oh, and I can confirm that HexBreaker is 100% useless for map curse mods. Just tried it and the curse didn't even flicker.

Stay frosty Icestormers.

So the hatred tree is better then the other tree with only 2 split jewels ?
How did you craft this jewel you shown in the post ? Is there a good way with garden crafting.
Any advice with the new garden craftings to get better gear ?

What the benefit from frostblink over flame dash as i see you all use frostblink now?
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Jul 3, 2020, 2:06:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info