[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lealoler wrote:
Its mandatory Emperor's Wit ? 12 exalted for this Jewel its a pretty expensive.

It's not. This is just the Cherry of the cake.
Really Loving this Build!

I have tried a bit of a variant this league with the Split Personality Jewel Nerf. I want to get others take on this Idea.

I am using a Very Large Thread of Hope on the Left slot by Templar Start. This lets me pick up Glancing Blows and Runebinder (More on this Later). In addition I have slotted a Split Personality in the Top Right Jewel Socket (No Cluster yet until the Patch). This is giving me a good route on Split Personality without sacrificing too much of the core tree and utility of other nodes.

Why Runebinder: I am in love with this node for bossing! Specifically this makes Sirus, and Uber Elder fights Cakewalk. The ability to do full damage without standing on top of the boss is amazing and it has much better up time on your storms because of the lock on mechanic. So far this has been a great pickup, even at the cost of around 85 INT.

Here is the POB for my Current Setup: https://pastebin.com/ft26g5Q0

Future Setup after Cluster Jewel Patch: https://pastebin.com/2FdtvMLL

Current Gear
Spoiler

I would appreciate some conversation and feedback for those of you with experience in this build. This is my first league running it!
Last edited by Keysaki on Jul 1, 2020, 9:49:03 PM
"
Brunnor wrote:
I was hoping Vulkan would help enough to make my super juiced Burial Chambers work... alas, it didn't. Crashed 5 times and died once, rip about 3ex spent on the map... 100% delirium, double beyond, 120% IIQ base, added +levels from Ivory stones, and strong box sextants/prophecies.

Only got about 1/2 way done with map, was at delirium level 11 when final crash happened.

I was dreaming too big :(

Idk, I couldn't even play in normal maps with Spell Cascade, so skipped this build. 120 deaths till maps was the most I had in my 8 year playing of PoE also :)

So about build:
1. Fun
2. Interesting mechanic with Int stacking
3. Good sustain
4. Absolutely horrible and slow build. You need to cast, then to proc cwc, then wait to Icestorm to fall, idk. Not my cup of tea surely
5. Lag-unfriendly. Even on 1080 it still have 3-4 fps in delirium for me. That's no go, sadly.

I'm sure with investment the build can tank all bosses in the game with 15k es and respectable damage but mapping with this is pretty meh. And yeah, don't even think to SSF this build, at least not as a starter.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
sakuya_m wrote:
Then at lvl73 I managed to craft an expensive amulet in the menagerie. That allowed me to instantly upgrade all my gear ...

Please tell us what you did!

Since I don't have any good crafting recipes with Einhar yet I just went in and emptied all the cages and crafted uniques. The 2nd jewel (not amulet, must have been drunk when I wrote that haha) turned out to be an unending hunger with above average stats. So I sold it for over 4 exalts, which gave me more than enough currency to buy all the stuff I needed.
Btw I just noticed Sibyl's + Ash, Frost and Storm does not work to make you immune to reflect elemental. I guess they must have changed the node. So I can't run any maps with elemental reflect, because I kill myself even if it's only 20% reflected.

edit: there is a new node called "Exposure Tolerance" 4 skillpoints away from the PoB suggestion. It gives 30% reduced reflect elemental. So I guess if we want to play maps with reflect we need to invest these 4 points there. Not so bad, since it also gives 31% increased elemental damage.

edit edit: or we need to get ourselves and armor with 100% reduction. Hmm, that's gonna be expensive.
Last edited by sakuya_m on Jul 2, 2020, 7:55:41 AM
"
sakuya_m wrote:
Btw I just noticed Sibyl's + Ash, Frost and Storm does not work to make you immune to reflect elemental. I guess they must have changed the node. So I can't run any maps with elemental reflect, because I kill myself even if it's only 20% reflected.

edit: there is a new node called "Exposure Tolerance" 4 skillpoints away from the PoB suggestion. It gives 30% reduced reflect elemental. So I guess if we want to play maps with reflect we need to invest these 4 points there. Not so bad, since it also gives 31% increased elemental damage.

edit edit: or we need to get ourselves and armor with 100% reduction. Hmm, that's gonna be expensive.

Sibyl's Lament + Soul of Yugul and you are at 105% reduced reflected damage
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Sibyl's Lament + Soul of Yugul and you are at 105% reduced reflected damage

Aww crap I keep forgetting about the damn pantheon. Thanks for reminding me. I guess that is the easiest way then.
I see people doing the split personality version is using a somewhat different tree than the "original" one, is this tree just as good without the split gems or? Considering respeccing my tree to go towards that those gems, just gotta get the currency to actually buy em first
Hi, I just begun this build and I´m lvl 40 so far. I just bought the Staff and changed my main skill to Cyclone - CWC.

How does this build work exactly? When I attack with cyclone the ability from the staff starts working. My question is: what makes the damage? The cyclone or the ability from the Staff? Or both? Cyclone deals physical damage and the other one deals cold damage. I see in the passive tree many nodes increasing the cold damage.

I see sometimes that the icestorm doesn´t hit the enemies. Any idea about this?

Should I always keep moving or should I stay still hitting with cyclone?

Thanks!
Anyone able to gear check me? I think I'm doing pretty well, but I'm noticing my ES is getting chunked pretty hard in T16 maps. I have gain % of ES on kill which is helping, but once I actually craft my chest (waiting for patch), it'll be replaced with % attributes instead. I feel like I might not be able to sustain as well as I am now at that point. My helm is ready for a hunter orb slam for the % int as well, just have to buy/drop one.

Spoiler

Is there any way outside of flasks to get chill or freeze immunity while using The Stampede? I'm tempted to change them out for rare multimod boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info