[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:
People are doing Sirus 8 with no issues with this build with 11-12k ES and around 2400-2500 Intelligence.
I can tell you that i can survive the 3rd phase triple beam taking it straight in the face with my flasks up (Wise Oak/Sulphur/Basalt) with 17-18K ES i have now. Meteor can be more deadly especially in the third phase it can hit you for more than 25K ES, i tested it previous league where my char had "only" 34K ES :))

Uber Elder is way easier if you know the fight you can do it with 10-11K ES and around 2000 Intelligence.

Awesome, I'll continue gearing myself out then. I lack the currency for the luxury Hatred version or a +ES on hit Watcher's Eye. I'm still crafting my chest, so my ES is a bit lower now (around 6500), and I'm sitting around 2300 INT. Once I finish, should have way more of both.

Thanks!
"
omglapizza wrote:

Legit question here, at what point is this possible? The whole farming Sirus 8 and Uber Elder? Is there a benchmark damage threshold and ES pool needed to manage kills especially with low FPS? I did Sirus 6 last night and constantly got obliterated in the last phase. I almost had him down and burned my last portal. Between low frames, tons of visual clutter from storm, the one use of frostblink/awkward use of cyclone and (Flame)Dash, it feels pretty rough. I know I'm nowhere near done gearing, but before I spend more money finalizing my chest and getting a hunter orb for the %int slam on my helm, I'd like to know if I'm getting close or not.

You're attempting to do Sirus 6 at ~6400 ES. Your chest really needs an ES upgrade. Maybe you can craft defensive modifiers on it with Harvest. It's a great chest otherwise.

Your gloves also need an ES upgrade.

You have more than enough DPS for Sirus.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:

Legit question here, at what point is this possible? The whole farming Sirus 8 and Uber Elder? Is there a benchmark damage threshold and ES pool needed to manage kills especially with low FPS? I did Sirus 6 last night and constantly got obliterated in the last phase. I almost had him down and burned my last portal. Between low frames, tons of visual clutter from storm, the one use of frostblink/awkward use of cyclone and (Flame)Dash, it feels pretty rough. I know I'm nowhere near done gearing, but before I spend more money finalizing my chest and getting a hunter orb for the %int slam on my helm, I'd like to know if I'm getting close or not.

You're attempting to do Sirus 6 at ~6400 ES. Your chest really needs an ES upgrade. Maybe you can craft defensive modifiers on it with Harvest. It's a great chest otherwise.

Your gloves also need an ES upgrade.

You have more than enough DPS for Sirus.

Yeah, that's the plan. I locked suffixes and scoured it yesterday, then removed the %ES on kill to craft attributes. I just haven't determined whether I'm augmenting triple defense prefix for maximum ES, or if I'm trying for Explode and flat/%ES.

I had crafted %ES before doing my crafting last night, so my ES pool during Sirus was a little shy of 7k. What's weird is I've killed Sirus with less health than the amount of RS I have now, definitely figured it was enough.
I would go for full ES and forget the explode (which doesn't help on boss fights.) Your ES recovery is a percentage, so you're more tanky the more ES (ignoring the +ES on hit Watcher's gem.)

Dunno about the significance of surviving Sirus with say 5k life compared to 7k ES. Too many variables.
"
Graiaule wrote:
I would go for full ES and forget the explode (which doesn't help on boss fights.) Your ES recovery is a percentage, so you're more tanky the more ES (ignoring the +ES on hit Watcher's gem.)

Dunno about the significance of surviving Sirus with say 5k life compared to 7k ES. Too many variables.

Does the explode mod clear packs when we aren't scaling Phys at all? 3% seems a bit weak, but I've never used it. Seems like it's main benefit would be corpse removal.

Keep in mind we don't have a ton of mitigation besides a large ES pool. 18% block, a bit more mitigation from enfeeble, and blind (flesh and stone). When the hits get through they tend to hurt. Our one-shot protection is stupid high possible values of ES.
If I wanted to try out Spell Cascade, what gem do I take out for it?
"
MeLikeChoco wrote:

I believe its Controlled Destruction
I managed to roll cold to the core and corrosive elements on a large. What's the rule on Corrosive stacking with bomb anyway? Bomb is a bigger degree but gosh auto-exposure seems great.

Also I think I can safely add Doryani's Lesson without risking it, that does get converted to ES right?
"
MeLikeChoco wrote:

I took out concentrated effect for the increased clear area. But taking out controlled destruction will give you the most dps, taking out elemental focus will give you some corpse destruction on trash mobs, and a mild amount of crowd control.
"
kater wrote:
I managed to roll cold to the core and corrosive elements on a large. What's the rule on Corrosive stacking with bomb anyway? Bomb is a bigger degree but gosh auto-exposure seems great.

Also I think I can safely add Doryani's Lesson without risking it, that does get converted to ES right?

Only one exposure (the highest magnitude) will work. But yes, having auto exposure would be awesome! Since frost bomb isn't totally reliable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info