[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:
Another option to improve your clearing speed of Blight encounters is the use of Rampage mechanic.

I started to use this permanently lately as a weapon swap triggering (Sinvicta Mettle as a weapon in 2nd weapon slot to trigger Rampage) and oh boy when Rampage starts to build up the mobs are melting around like nothing. Also you get a lot of increased movement speed and damage from Rampage stacks and you can move with Cyclone with a very high movement speed.

It's very easy to trigger Rampage, i only socketed a Cyclone in Sinvicta Mettle and at the start of the map or at the start of the Blight encounter i Cyclone for a few seconds while spamming Vortexes in a pack a mobs and Rampage is triggered in just few seconds (my Vortexes do a lot of damage themselves) and after that i just switch to my main weapon and continue Cycloning with Rampage like a boss.

Rampage gives you 1% increased movement speed per 20 Rampage kills stacked and 2% increased damage per 20 Ramapage kills stacked.

At 1000 kills(maximum) you get 50% increased movement speed and 100% increased damage.

After you get Rampage up is just easy to maintain it up to 1000 kills and this even with picking drops while you kill mobs. The damage effects triggered with Rampage when a specific number of mobs are killed are just insane, some of them clear an entire Blight encounter area with hundreds of mobs spawned :)

That's an interesting idea! Going to try it.
Inspiration Support is really quite good. My gem is only at Lv 11 and it gives my WO a huge DPS boost - 30% more damage and 30% crit cance as you can stack up to 5 charges. At max level you would get 40% more and 40% crit chance...and when it loses charges they refill instantly.

I'm almost wondering if it would be good enough in a WI staff...at 20/20 vs Controlled Destruction you get 40% more with 40% increased crit vs 44% more with -100% crit and 10% increased damage.

This might give CD a run for it's money...any thoughts?
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Oct 9, 2019, 1:50:56 PM
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Inspiration Support is really quite good. My gem is only at Lv 11 and it gives my WO a huge DPS boost - 30% more damage and 30% crit cance as you can stack up to 5 charges. At max level you would get 40% more and 40% crit chance...and when it loses charges they refill instantly.

I'm almost wondering if it would be good enough in a WI staff...at 20/20 vs Controlled Destruction you get 40% more with 40% increased crit vs 44% more with -100% crit and 10% increased damage.

This might give CD a run for it's money...any thoughts?

Losing Cyclone mobility for extra damage doesn't seem to be worth it to me. The damage is already insane.
He was suggesting to replace CD in Cyclone WI setup with Inspiration support. He is using 6L WO setup only to trigger Rampage in Sinvicta's Mettle axe. This change does not affect main damage WI setup with Cyclone in primary weapon.

I do the same and is just great.

But to reply to Sasori, i still think CD is marginally better than Inspiration so no need to replace it
Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 9, 2019, 2:32:25 PM
Yeah I was just curious if Inspiration could replace either Controlled Destruction or Elemental Overload. But like lilian said, it probably wouldn't be as good so no need to change things.

It works great for the Rampage setup, however.
Haha, Rampage is fun for delve, but it makes some nodes impossible to complete! The ones where corpses come back to life. Rampage makes them all explode. LOL. Have to let Rampage fade before activating them, or it bugs out.

I reported the bug but it might be a while before GGG fixes it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 9, 2019, 2:54:53 PM
Lev 3 Leo in Research...salivating on my free exalt slam for my shiny new amulet:

18 To Maximum Mana? Arghhhh! :-0

However since there was a second bench I threw my old helm in there:

And exalt slammed 48% Lightning resist! Holy crap...now I'm feeling a lot better. :)
"
majo540 wrote:
Hello, please how its possible to run this aura setup.
Im currently lvl 93 and:

Discipline: 30% reserved
Flesh and Stone: 21% reserved
Arctic: 21% reserved
Aspect: 30% reserved

Thats 102%. What im doing wrong?:)

Looks like you have Aspect crafted on an item that has a support gem in it that works with auras and increases its mana cost. Aspect should be 21% like AA and F&S.

Swap your gems around, put the auras into the Aspect item. For example:
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 9, 2019, 8:13:27 PM

Is this good>?
I am probably going to try this build out for 3.9 HCSSF (assuming no major nerfs). Anyone tried this yet in HCSSF or SSF?

I replaced all the brute force solution jewels (I don't think I've ever had one of these drop) and respec'd the 93 tree a bit. Probably going to be 20-30% less damage realistically given the inability to trade. Not sure how RIPpy it'll be due to that. Most of the uniques are target farmable (5 fertile minds will be annoying but doable - I usually find 2 sets of div cards worth without trying).

https://pastebin.com/sVT2ymty
Last edited by JSquare on Oct 10, 2019, 1:26:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info