[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Update!

Well 4 chaos and two pieces of veiled armour later, it seems Rngesus was in my corner today:

Wish the ES was higher, but I just went from 9300 to a bit over 10k ES and my INT went from 2399 to 2487, so I'm not complaining! :)

I was waiting to find some Perfect fossils to get my base up to 30% but I got impatient and about 200 alts, 2 annuls and a few divines later I ended up with that piece. It will probably do for end game...and it is much better than my old one!
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Sep 23, 2019, 7:52:42 PM
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

I was waiting to find some Perfect fossils to get my base up to 30% but I got impatient and about 200 alts, 2 annuls and a few divines later I ended up with that piece. It will probably do for end game...and it is much better than my old one!

Grats on a nice chest!

Just roll the sockets you want, then use the 30% quality beast corruption.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Grats on a nice chest!

Just roll the sockets you want, then use the 30% quality beast corruption.

So using the 30% quality corruption beastcraft won't touch any of the rolls/crafts?

Finally got my chest rolled and was looking into making it 30% quality.

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Update!

Well 4 chaos and two pieces of veiled armour later, it seems Rngesus was in my corner today:

Wish the ES was higher, but I just went from 9300 to a bit over 10k ES and my INT went from 2399 to 2487, so I'm not complaining! :)

Would it be possible to post your PoB so I can look at the rest of your gear rolls?

Currently only lvl 90 and I have about 8.8k ES and 2k Int despite having a slightly better chest im sure. Not sure about the flat ES roll, but my Inc Int is also 12% and my Inc ES is a bit higher, T2 roll that is 90+%.

Have you got Inc Int corrupted rings? That is one thing I'm lacking, I bricked a decent 5ex ring trying to get it so dont want to do that for a while. One more thing is the fact I have Aspect of the Spider crafted on my ring, so the tree differs slightly, and removes one Fertile Mind Jewel as well as the Emperor's Wit jewel so I guess im getting a bit of a hit there on Int and ES im missing out on.
My profile is public, you can check out my gear there.

I'll wait for a Hillock 28%...that way I can resell easier if I get better armour down the road.

Some %Int on your rings and belt would definitely help.
Hey Kelvynn, thank you for this build. My GPU hates you now, but I have a relaxed time this league. Next stop: Shaper.
New video: Endgame Clear Speed and Reflect Mitigation

Time for a clear speed video! And let's do an ele reflect map. With EW. And -max res. Because I can! :)

This build already takes 90% reduced reflected cold damage with Yugul and Sibyl's Lament. Of the remaning 10%, 7.5% is resisted, and 2.4% is leeched back as ES. So technically, all you need is to mitigate a 0.1% reflect via regen, +ES on hit or just a Sapphire flask.

However, when I tried mapping that way, I got killed by no-leech monsters: certain monster types cannot be leeched from, but you take reflect damage for hitting them. Not to mention that it cannot be combined with -max res or EW.

But there is another way. I call it 'The Reverse Oak'. Normally you use The Wise Oak for extra penetration when cold resist is your highest. But if cold resist is your lowest then you take 10% reduced cold damage. Combine that with the aforementioned 90% and you have 100% reduced reflected cold damage taken, i.e. you take no damage from reflect.

All you need for it is a ring that would make your cold resist the lowest. Since you already have to wear Sibyl's Lament in the left slot, may as well swap the right one for a cheap Int ring with whatever resists you need. And 2-3 cheap (10% penetration) Wise Oaks - they are all the same for this purpose.

This can be used against Atziri's 100% mirror reflect too. 1 Oak is enough for her.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 24, 2019, 6:59:19 PM
"
WhoMans wrote:
I guess getting from 7k to 10+k ES and 1.8k to 2+k Int is where minmaxing comes in and things come expensive? Wasted 6ex bricking two decent rings going for the Increased Int corruption. Currently working on crafting the chest which I already have an imprint of with 12% Inc Int and 95% Inc ES. Just need to have the balls to annul to take off the 47% Lightning Res to make space for the %Inc Attributes Hillock suffix.

Plus I'm still a new player, Legion was my first league so of course my runs with endgame bosses won't be as smooth as other players even with worse gear than mine.

I was around 2100 Int and 8.5k ES at lv 93 before I started min-maxing (obtaining %Int corruptions). At that point all of the endgame was already pretty easy, for an experienced player that is.

You must be doing something wrong with the rings. They cost 1-5c in the league, just search for Int and a decent resist or ES mod. You can even alt spam + regal it yourself, although buying is usually cheaper. Then craft either another resist (suffix), or +ES (prefix), or 14-16% damage (prefix), and vaal it. No need to spend any exalts on them. The chance of hitting one of the two %Int corruptions is 1/46, be prepared to waste a whole lot of those rings.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 24, 2019, 7:01:38 PM
"
haitike wrote:
I want to try this build with my next character in blight.

I have a doubt. When I was a noob in the game I leveled this build to level 83 two or three years ago but with Scorching Ray for channeling. But I don't remember the old guide thread in the forum that I followed. It was created by you, Kelvynn, too? How is the build now compared to back then?

Yes, that was one of the old versions. We now use Cyclone and cold damage, and the tree has changed too. Lv 83 is OK for white-yellow maps, and if you fill your Atlas from the bottom up, you will be at least lv 90 by the time you get to the red maps. Levels are important - you get more and more Int, and everything scales from Int here.

The only complaint about that old version was (relatively) slow clear speed. Cyclone took care of that.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 24, 2019, 4:38:34 AM
Regarding the reflect issue ... isn't respeccing to Elementalist a option ? Only real thing that would be bad as far i see is the ES regen that you lose and losing a extra curse (cyclone grants the cannot be stunned while channeling )Eleamentalist grants you -10 resistance penatration / cannot take reflected damage and extra golem. i'll was thinking of using Stone Golem for making up with the los off regen but dunno if 2 of them doubles their effect ? And maybe get some lightning damage to get some chocks sometimes. Also you can get Whispers of Doom fairly easy to make up the loss of the extra curse.
What you think of this ?
"
Virevly wrote:
Regarding the reflect issue ... isn't respeccing to Elementalist a option ? Only real thing that would be bad as far i see is the ES regen that you lose and losing a extra curse (cyclone grants the cannot be stunned while channeling )Eleamentalist grants you -10 resistance penatration / cannot take reflected damage and extra golem. i'll was thinking of using Stone Golem for making up with the los off regen but dunno if 2 of them doubles their effect ? And maybe get some lightning damage to get some chocks sometimes. Also you can get Whispers of Doom fairly easy to make up the loss of the extra curse.
What you think of this ?

No :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info