[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
NoNick1337 wrote:
I'm just wondering how are you guys dealing with movement speed during cycloning. I bought this flask and it's helping a lot, especially when there's a need to dodge attacks.

Any Quicksilver flask with a good speed roll will do. Rotgut is Ok. I prefer something that lasts longer when you are not killing:
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
Mhm, for Endgame Art of the Gladiator could be a good Note to pick?
4 Points - 50 Int, No Armour Movement pen

Sure, it's an endgame option, or maybe even instead the jewel socket near CI (54 Int for 4 points). Movement speed penalty from a regalia is 3%.
So im playing this build currently in standard as I've been having shit luck in Blight and can't seem to catch a break getting currency to get some proper gear.

Just wondering about the tankness of the build and dps. Currently lvl 88, have 7.5k ES and 1.77k Int. Just finished doing corrupted T16 guardians just for the atlas completion bonuses, and it felt like the guardians could have got a lot smoother. I tried making the 'safest' maps as possible by scouring, transmute, then regal just 3 relative safe mods before vaaling.

While it was the first time ive completed corrupted guardian maps, I did die a couple times and the dps felt a bit 'meh' compared to other map bosses. I know my stats arent as good as yours just yet but just trying to get a feel of the potential of this build, as with other red map bosses, sometimes I would pretty much one shot them yet others would tank my hits and take a good 10 seconds to die, with the guardians taking a bit longer. And the kind of build im after in standard is a lazy one that can facetank pretty much everything and be able to still melt guardians and shaper instantly and farm any engame boss without much thought in standard and not worry too much about map mods either.

Just wondering if guardians will always be fairly difficult regardless of the build for the most part and arent really meant to be played with a lazy facetanking style, but any of the normal elder T16 maps I decide to pick to sustain and farm will still be a breeze? Will this build be decent for delving for farming fossils and resonators for profit?

Either way, im enjoying the build and I appreciate the detail of your guide. Would be nice to pick Elementalist instead of Ocultist just to be totally reflect immune and not worry too much about map mods except for regen/leech, especially when we only use one curse anyway.
Whoa, Interesting that you decided to go for Cyclone over WO after all, Kelvynn. Your build looks almost exactly like what I had at the end of last league! It was fun times.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
NoNick1337 wrote:
I'm just wondering how are you guys dealing with movement speed during cycloning. I bought this flask and it's helping a lot, especially when there's a need to dodge attacks.

Any Quicksilver flask with a good speed roll will do. Rotgut is Ok. I prefer something that lasts longer when you are not killing:

I've been playing around with the new stampede boots that give 150% base value for movement speed. With these on I am constantly at +50% movement speed modifer even with the cyclone penalty. With a quicksilver of adrenaline (70 total movement speed), and onslaught flask up I'm only 2% higher (52% movement speed modifer, during flask effect). I added thiefs Craft for 30 int, and these have been much smother for mapping. I switch to my higher ES/INT boots for bosses. So basically these give the same movement speed you'd get with 30MS boots and a QS/Onslaught flask at all times. May not be worth it if you try to get movement speed from other sources as it locks you at the 150% base.

"
stephenp1983 wrote:

I've been playing around with the new stampede boots that give 150% base value for movement speed. With these on I am constantly at +50% movement speed modifer even with the cyclone penalty. With a quicksilver of adrenaline (70 total movement speed), and onslaught flask up I'm only 2% higher (52% movement speed modifer, during flask effect). I added thiefs Craft for 30 int, and these have been much smother for mapping. I switch to my higher ES/INT boots for bosses. So basically these give the same movement speed you'd get with 30MS boots and a QS/Onslaught flask at all times. May not be worth it if you try to get movement speed from other sources as it locks you at the 150% base.

Sure, if your resists are fine without the boots, this can let you clear without using flasks. You got the right gems in them too, can have the same ones in the boss boots and switch easily.

It's a clear speed option. IF you are not going to min-max the build for the endgame. Otherwise your other rares would have to be that much better to max resists.
"
Kirian42 wrote:
Whoa, Interesting that you decided to go for Cyclone over WO after all, Kelvynn. Your build looks almost exactly like what I had at the end of last league! It was fun times.

So far I found exactly 1 target that's still worth using WO: Uber Atziri. But who really cares about her in 2019? :) The new and improved Cyclone is all sorts of awesome!
"
WhoMans wrote:
So im playing this build currently in standard as I've been having shit luck in Blight and can't seem to catch a break getting currency to get some proper gear.

Just wondering about the tankness of the build and dps. Currently lvl 88, have 7.5k ES and 1.77k Int. Just finished doing corrupted T16 guardians just for the atlas completion bonuses, and it felt like the guardians could have got a lot smoother. I tried making the 'safest' maps as possible by scouring, transmute, then regal just 3 relative safe mods before vaaling.

While it was the first time ive completed corrupted guardian maps, I did die a couple times and the dps felt a bit 'meh' compared to other map bosses. I know my stats arent as good as yours just yet but just trying to get a feel of the potential of this build, as with other red map bosses, sometimes I would pretty much one shot them yet others would tank my hits and take a good 10 seconds to die, with the guardians taking a bit longer. And the kind of build im after in standard is a lazy one that can facetank pretty much everything and be able to still melt guardians and shaper instantly and farm any engame boss without much thought in standard and not worry too much about map mods either.

Just wondering if guardians will always be fairly difficult regardless of the build for the most part and arent really meant to be played with a lazy facetanking style, but any of the normal elder T16 maps I decide to pick to sustain and farm will still be a breeze? Will this build be decent for delving for farming fossils and resonators for profit?

Either way, im enjoying the build and I appreciate the detail of your guide. Would be nice to pick Elementalist instead of Ocultist just to be totally reflect immune and not worry too much about map mods except for regen/leech, especially when we only use one curse anyway.

Non-T16 bosses that don't die in 2 sec are the ones with scripted phases and animations that cannot be bypassed. Nothing you can do about them, they die the moment their animation is over.

T16: Minotaur and Phoenix die in less than 10 sec with a fully developed build. Hydra does 1 hiding animation before dying, so add 20 sec. Chimera has the 3 add phases followed by the smoke phases, although somewhere around 2200 Int is where you can force him to skip the smoke phases - once you practice enough to wait for him at the spot he re-appears in after the add phase and have a bunch of Icestorms going on there to instantly force the next add phase.

Shaper: With 2k+ Int you normally do all the damage you need in less than 4 sec, during his first animation. The fight lasts longer only if he randomly chooses the red bubble or the portal as his first animation.

Uber Elder: see the video. My char is not even fully developed there. But Cyclone makes it so smooth, as long as you get precise enough in your movements. Targeting slightly to the side of the Shaper is the key to dodging his ball barrages while moving towards him and casting on him.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Non-T16 bosses that don't die in 2 sec are the ones with scripted phases and animations that cannot be bypassed. Nothing you can do about them, they die the moment their animation is over.

T16: Minotaur and Phoenix die in less than 10 sec with a fully developed build. Hydra does 1 hiding animation before dying, so add 20 sec. Chimera has the 3 add phases followed by the smoke phases, although somewhere around 2200 Int is where you can force him to skip the smoke phases - once you practice enough to wait for him at the spot he re-appears in after the add phase and have a bunch of Icestorms going on there to instantly force the next add phase.

Shaper: With 2k+ Int you normally do all the damage you need in less than 4 sec, during his first animation. The fight lasts longer only if he randomly chooses the red bubble or the portal as his first animation.

Uber Elder: see the video. My char is not even fully developed there. But Cyclone makes it so smooth, as long as you get precise enough in your movements. Targeting slightly to the side of the Shaper is the key to dodging his ball barrages while moving towards him and casting on him.

Thanks for the reply. Like I say, the rest of the content so far with this build has been pretty trivial relative to other builds I've tried, but with those kind of ballpark figures to aim for that definitely looks like the encounters im looking for with T16 guardians, especially when those and UE seem to be the hardest fights.

I guess getting from 7k to 10+k ES and 1.8k to 2+k Int is where minmaxing comes in and things come expensive? Wasted 6ex bricking two decent rings going for the Increased Int corruption. Currently working on crafting the chest which I already have an imprint of with 12% Inc Int and 95% Inc ES. Just need to have the balls to annul to take off the 47% Lightning Res to make space for the %Inc Attributes Hillock suffix.

Plus I'm still a new player, Legion was my first league so of course my runs with endgame bosses won't be as smooth as other players even with worse gear than mine.
I want to try this build with my next character in blight.

I have a doubt. When I was a noob in the game I leveled this build to level 83 two or three years ago but with Scorching Ray for channeling. But I don't remember the old guide thread in the forum that I followed. It was created by you, Kelvynn, too? How is the build now compared to back then?
Last edited by haitike on Sep 23, 2019, 2:22:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info