[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

personally i will play standart for the time now, i find the new atlas a hassle and delirium will likely be added to core anyway as it is designed to interact with all the content.
"
kusogoi wrote:
personally i will play standart for the time now, i find the new atlas a hassle and delirium will likely be added to core anyway as it is designed to interact with all the content.

Delirium effects for sure will not be available in Standard in 3.10. If you want to interact with it you will have to play in new league in 3.10
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
kusogoi wrote:

Delirium effects for sure will not be available in Standard in 3.10. If you want to interact with it you will have to play in new league in 3.10

that is obvious hence the challenge league is named delirium, but i think it will be in core after the league.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
kusogoi wrote:

so the skillpoint changes and the fucking atlas changes will not be in standard?

Delirium isnt the problem. you can only ignore it like i did with synthesis.

but the skill changes and the atlas changes i dont like.
"
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
kusogoi wrote:

so the skillpoint changes and the fucking atlas changes will not be in standard?

Delirium isnt the problem. you can only ignore it like i did with synthesis.

but the skill changes and the atlas changes i dont like.

Exactly what you don't like in the Atlas showcased changes? Conquerors will spawn now in a known way after a known numbers of completed maps, no more RNG which is a big improvement.

Regarding the new Delirium jewels that can expand skill tree, no one force you to use them, build is 100% functional (unless they will nerf it somehow, will have to wait for the patchnotes to see this) with no Delirium jewels. To be honest I am not sure how much those jewels will help us to min max the build, at first sight those jewels are not that great for Whispering Ice build because we have to trade a lot of converted INT by Brute Force/Fertile Mind to socket one or more of those new jewels which expand the tree to get new useful maybe nodes.

So you can play the new league with exactly your build(gear + skill tree) from this league and prolly you will do entire content including league content with no issues as long as your gear is decent.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Feb 26, 2020, 10:55:45 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:

Regarding the new Delirium jewels that can expand skill tree, no one force you to use them, build is 100% functional (unless they will nerf it somehow, will have to wait for the patchnotes to see this) with no Delirium jewels. To be honest I am not sure how much those jewels will help us to min max the build, at first sight those jewels are not that great for Whispering Ice build because we have to trade a lot of converted INT by Brute Force/Fertile Mind to socket one or more of those new jewels which expand the tree to get new useful maybe nodes.

So you can play the new league with exactly your build(gear + skill tree) from this league and prolly you will do entire content including league content with no issues as long as your gear is decent.

True.

We will have to wait and see.

Imagine though if the new jewel passives are placed close to the Utmost Might/Swiftness nodes, Brute Force/Fertile Mind jewel converting them to +40Str/Dex & +8%Str/Dex into Int. :-}

If not, I calculated that giving away one cluster of passives on the right side of the tree (where the dex jewel slot is located) and replacing, say Fertile Mind in the mana/jewel socket cluster with this new Unique Cluster Jewel "Voices", you would lose 74 Int from deallocating Alacrity and the others, but you gain +2 new jewel sockets moving the passive points to the new cluster.

Now you can't get more Int on even two rare jewels (I guess 26 Int is the highest with a +16 & +10 hybrid mod). So 52 Int at most. But with the benefit of having 4 more total prefixes in the jewels & plus implicit corrupts on them. I guess that in the end you could get more total DPS/ES out of it by a slight margin.

But there's supposed to be way more options so I guess its smarter to hold onto the speculations for now. :)

EDIT: Another speculation. There could be new Int Delirium cluster passive nodes. End speculation.
Last edited by LiNGeN on Feb 26, 2020, 12:38:48 PM
Sounds like i am skipping the next League as well. PoE is more and more evolving in a clusterfuck type of game, where less and less and people really understand, or can be bothered with, the interaction of the countless layers of mechanics.

From what i got from the Announcement notes and Trailer i guess all Builds with get a huge Chunk of powercreep. When we get jewels, that can create new passives and sockets in the Skill tree, it should be quite easy to stack more int. If those "create sockets-jewels" can also be placed in the inner areas of the tree, it should be quite easy to keep the amount of converting jewels. Might even be able to feed them with more created str/dex nodes to convert.

If i want to get a headache while making things up, i can as well stay longer at work. For playing "mindlessly" along someones guide to the letter, might as well try other games for a change.
%Str and %Dex cannot be converted to %Int.

Delirium jewels can only be socketed in the jewel sockets situated at the borders of the skill tree - in our case jewel socket near CI and/or jewel socket near Minion Instability.

Both sockets normally convert 30 Dex/30 Str on top of 24 Int from Jewel socketed. So we loose 54 Int for each of these jewels replaced with a Delirium one.

The nodes expanded by the Delirium jewel should be extremely good to compensate this 54 Int lost +more Int lost from other skill points needed to be allocated in the expanded sockets.

For my char in Metamorph league 54 int translate in reality in around 114-115 int because of the huge % Int multiplier which I got from my gear and 114-115 int lost is big damage and ES loose not counting the loose from other Int nodes I have to reallocate to fill the expanded nodes.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Feb 26, 2020, 1:48:02 PM
well its + of build but mb also -
due to so strick connection with more INT!moooore!
well 280 new nodes, mb some gona be insane even for our build
"
lilianmarius wrote:
%Str and %Dex cannot be converted to %Int.

The jewels literally say "Strength/Dexterity from Passives in Radius is Transformed to Intelligence". PoE usually does what it says literally. But we can't find out since none of these are in range today. So.. wishful thinking. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info