[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
just i dont like cyclone...

Then who keeps you not to use Winter Orb?

5L WO-CwC-GMP-CD-Cold Pen and Spell Cascade/Conc Effect in 6th slot.

And you can use HoI to explode mobs if you are using WO.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Feb 18, 2020, 10:55:41 AM
The mobility given by Cyclone while channeling is one of the best defensive Layers of this build.
We just evade, well we are able to evade at least, alot of those projectiles from mobs that don´t have a huge AOE radius. While doing so we summon storms over an area while dragging the mobs in the same area. I tried Winter orb with with Icestorm too, felt clunky to me if compared directly.
Hey Lilian

I did it :-)

Thanks to your hard tip i did it and i was lucky the first time this game. Needed 4 days to get the hunter orb.
And that is the result :-)

Should i now make an ex slam or aspect of spider on it ?

I am so happy that i follow youre advice

And if i did the last mod its better to get hilloc 28 or corrupt for 30

Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Feb 20, 2020, 5:32:46 AM
"
Hey Lilian

Thanks to your hard tip i did it and i was lucky the first time this game. Needed 4 days to get the hunter orb.

Grats on getting it with your first Hunter slam. You were lucky!

1. Exalt slam on your free suffix might get you a crappy resist roll or %increased rarity. Spider aspect is a clear winner there IMO.

2. Hillock for 28 means it'll be easier to sell the helm on standard if you ever want to. Difference between 24% and 28% isn't that much though. That is, use the Hillock on your chest/boots first.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 20, 2020, 1:00:03 PM
Since i have played quite alot this League, this is the first Char i got Uber Atziri down, Uber Elder down, Sirus 8 and finished most of the atlas as well as 36 Challenges. IIRC that is the first time since Breach or so :D
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Hey Lilian

Grats on getting it with your first Hunter slam. You were lucky!

1. Exalt slam on your free suffix might get you a crappy resist roll or %increased rarity. Spider aspect is a clear winner there IMO.

2. Hillock for 28 means it'll be easier to sell the helm on standard if you ever want to. Difference between 24% and 28% isn't that much though. That is, use the Hillock on your chest/boots first.

Thanks i thougt perhaps craft a suffix and slam a prefix. But the chance to get a good one is nearly zero. so i will craft aspect on it. Thanks for advice.
My final Sirus video kill (75th) for this league - all of them done by myself in my Atlas:

I_Storm_Santa vs. 75th Sirus Awakened Atlas level 8

And also final video from Delve ~ 1320 depth level - highest depth level I have ever reached with this build across all leagues:

I_Storm_Santa vs. Delve depth 1300+

And now some numbers and achievements of my playtime this league, was the best league for me in terms of fun, play experience and drops:

Wall of text incoming....

40 challenges (again)
level 100 (again)
75 Sirus - over 90% of them level 8
around 20 Uber Elder
around 8 Catarina
around 11 Cortex (and 25+ Synthesis bosses)
around 20 Delve bosses (2 Aul)
around 15 4-way Legion encounters (2x 5-way)
around 50 Blight maps (most of them T13+)
around 30 T19 maps (with 3x +1 unique watchstones socketed)
around 14 Bestiary bosses (3x Farrul)
all Pure bosses solo (Chayula/Uul-Netool/Tul/Esh/Xoph)

Delve depth - 1321 (deepest level i have reached)
Atlas 154/154 with 152/154 (2 unique maps impossible to get)

ES value - 22.189 (highest value ever reached with this build)
Intelligence - 3586 (highest value ever reached with this build)
Shaper Average Hit - 198.188 (no flasks, no charges, no Vaal Righteous Fire, with Skitterbots instead of Discipline)
All my important gems max level/quality (21/23), Awakened gems (5/20) and Awakened Cast while Channeling corrupted to 6/20
Made my double influenced Shaper/Crusader The Whispering Ice staff
Mirrored my first item - Demon Torc Onyx amulet (Shaper/Crusader double influenced)
Got Celestial Hideout unlocked from my first Shaper of the league
Bought a double corrupted 6% increased intelligence/17% increased Discipline aura effect HeadHunter for trolling maps when bored :)

Dropped from Sirus - 1x Awakened Multistrike, 1x Awakened Cast on Crititical Strike, 1x Awakened Curse on Hit and many more Awakened gems and orbs
Dropped from Cortex boss - 4x Bottled Faith
Dropped from Farrul - 1x Farrul's Fur
Dropped from Uber Elder - 2x 40+ exalts Watcher Eye (Clarity/Clarity, Clarity/Wrath), 1x The Eternity Shroud, 3x Voidfletcher and more...
Dropped from Shaper - 2x Starforge, 3x Dying Sun
Got from Propecy - 1x Trash to Treasure / 1x Fated Connections
Got from Legion - 1x Asenath's Gentle Touch , 8x Lethal Pride
Got from Betrayal - 2x Paradoxica
Got from Aul - 1x Aul's Uprising (10+ ex)
Got from Incursion - 3x Transcendent Spirit, 1x Transcendent Flesh
Got from Delve encounters - multiple T1 rare fossils - Fractured/Faceted/Hollow/Glyphic/Bloodstained/Tangled
Got from Ahuatotli (Delve) - Doryani's Machinarium

random T1 from drops/from cards: Soul Taker, Cospri's Malice, Void Battery, Taste of Hate, Kaom's Heart, Skyforth, Shavronne's Wrappings, Berek's Respite, Inspired Learning, Energy from Within, Efficient Training, Lioneye's Fall, Astramentis

This is how end-game looks when you play over average and also have over average luck...

See you all in 3.10 guys and let's hope Kelvynn will rejoin for the next league!

P.S. final lucky drop today :)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Feb 21, 2020, 6:21:12 PM
Yeah, power creep is fun and real in this game!

Remember when we were upset multicraft was reduced to only 2 usable crafts?

One more item that would be interesting is what "/played" says for you.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 21, 2020, 9:46:08 PM
Hi guys. I'm a returning player after being away for over a year or so. I think 3.4 was the last time I played.

I had a WI Occultist back then that was fun and I was wanting to do the next version of it with cyclone now being channeling.

But I'm seeing 3 versions of it.

One is a Templar crit Guardian which has around 11k-12k ES with ~1800 int, ~100k average WI hit, ~160k with flasks, auto removes ailments due to Guardian ascendancy. Appears to rely on a lot of crit/crit multi, but not very high crit chance. I think it has some decent armour too so there's additional mitigation.

Another is a Shadow crit/pwr charge Assassin which has around 10k-11k ES with ~2000 int, ~120k average WI hit, ~200k with flasks, uses power charges and inspiration charges, has 66% movement speed modifiers (without flasks) plus Elusive (another +40%) is up most of the time too along with even more from ascendancy (so it's really fast... even during cyclone it's zipping around fast), and hits near 100% effective crit chance without much difficulty. It has some decent hit and spell avoidance due to assassin, and with belt it avoids shocks and ignites. But looks susceptible to freeze/chill/stun. Not sure of any other downsides. Anyone know?

Then this Scion Occ/Temp Ascendant, which when I plug it into PoB, is like 9500 ES with around 2100 int, ~70k average WI hit, ~130k with flasks, consecrated ground removes ailments. And then I think that's about it?

So what am I missing?

The gear and jewels for the Guardian and Assassin versions are about the same as the Scion version, aside for some crit/crit multi here and there. But it just seems like the crit versions have higher DPS potential and maybe even slightly more damage mitigation/avoidance/mobility.

But like 95% of the people playing a Whispering Ice build are playing the Scion. So I must be missing something, right?

Can you guys help me make my decision, please? I'm trying to come back and this is throwing me for a loop and I can't decide.

Thanks.
"
SkylerOG wrote:

So what am I missing?

The gear and jewels for the Guardian and Assassin versions are about the same as the Scion version, aside for some crit/crit multi here and there. But it just seems like the crit versions have higher DPS potential and maybe even slightly more damage mitigation/avoidance/mobility.

But like 95% of the people playing a Whispering Ice build are playing the Scion. So I must be missing something, right?

Can you guys help me make my decision, please? I'm trying to come back and this is throwing me for a loop and I can't decide.

Thanks.

I think one of the biggest reasons is lack of buildguide for others. I don't find any guide to assassin and the guardian was started on jan 18 this year, long after the start of current league. This guide however has been going for multiple leagues, or forever if you count the occultist version on top of this.

Since this build has been doing so well, and better every new league, there has been no need to spend time to try to look alternatives. Why would you when you can do everything already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info