3.8| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
"
(...) I hate changing builds...especially for those people that play standard and then have to go out and get a new weapon when they may have already invested greatly in their current one.

I found an easy solution to this for myself: I just kept the outdated cyclone-duellant as he was (cos I loved him the way he was) and made a new one for your new version of the guide. So I can enjoy both of them. :)
Smart. That takes lots of time to re-level, but if you're up for that, it's smart for sure.

I'm thinking of making the build not dependant on a specific type of weapon. So I'm just finding a way to improve the damage that I currently have with the new format. Though Cyclone is also perfect for this build, I'll be reserving it for my upcoming Raider guide.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
"
(...) I hate changing builds...especially for those people that play standard and then have to go out and get a new weapon when they may have already invested greatly in their current one.

I found an easy solution to this for myself: I just kept the outdated cyclone-duellant as he was (cos I loved him the way he was) and made a new one for your new version of the guide. So I can enjoy both of them. :)
Smart. That takes lots of time to re-level, but if you're up for that, it's smart for sure.

I'm thinking of making the build not dependant on a specific type of weapon. So I'm just finding a way to improve the damage that I currently have with the new format. Though Cyclone is also perfect for this build, I'll be reserving it for my upcoming Raider guide.

Luckily, didn't have to relevel: My very first duellant was without a "job" and had the opportunity to redistribute all of his skill points. So i could start this new trigger happy incarnation with a hero in his eighties and could leave untouched his cyclone brother, whom I am still very fond of.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Hey Everyone!

So, if you're up for it, let me know what you think of Bladestorm. I really like the skill but I really like lots of other AoE skills too. Though Bladestorm is a great fit for this build, I'm curious if there are other skills that you think you'd prefer to have (or are using instead of) with this build. A couple of things to keep in mind if you're going to suggest any skills (and please, suggest away!):

- Blocking is still the key focus to the guide, so the skill should be close-quarter combat.
- The skill needs to be able to be used with swords.
- The skill needs to be melee.
- The skill needs to be able to be hit an enemy without perfect aim with a mouse. So skills with AoE are almost a "must". Examples are: Bladestorm leaves the AoE on the ground whether you hit or not. Ice Crash smashes the ground with Ice whether it hits an enemy or not.
- Though I love Consecrated Path and Ice Crash, the skill needs to be able to be used without me getting nauseous.

Give any suggestions you like even if they conflict with the above. I may be able to do something with the skill (or even just buy a skin for the skill) that makes it playable for me (and others).

Also, if you love Bladestorm, let me know too!

I hope everyone is enjoying the build. I really like this character...A LOT.

What do you think about Cleave? I think it's an underestimated attack skill. At least I had fun leveling with it before I could use Cyclone. However, I don't know if it would fit with this build. One big upside is the corresponding threshhold jewel, Overwhelming Odds. Every character gets it for free as a quest reward and it comes with a free built-in fortitude, so you don't have to use the support skill. gem.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
What do you think about Cleave? I think it's an underestimated attack skill. At least I had fun leveling with it before I could use Cyclone. However, I don't know if it would fit with this build. One big upside is the corresponding threshhold jewel, Overwhelming Odds. Every character gets it for free as a quest reward and it comes with a free built-in fortitude, so you don't have to use the support skill. gem.
That's a really good idea! I'll play with it and then ponder.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Quick, if somewhat off topic question. Although I am not playing this build, I am playing a Blocking Cycloner Gladiator. I just use Facebreaker for unarmed damage along with Surrender for the Reckoning. My question is on Blocking, Reckoning and CWDT. Reckoning (whether from a socketed gem or from Surrender) is a trigger based on block. Somewhere early in the posts someone recommended using Reckoning with a curse (using a CoH) gem. Would that be in addition to the damage dealing Reckoning that is already in the build? Can you have two Reckoning gem groups and do they both proc off of the same blocking?

Next, with my set up, and I believe yours is close, my "in map" blocking is at 79%. Is CWDT at all effective with that much block? My understanding is that you do get "hit" but that the "block" results in zero damage. So, ignoring things like dodge and evasion, you are almost always getting"hit" but your 79% block results in zero damage 79% of the time, which would seem to mean a low proc rate for a CWDT setup. I am sure I am missing something here. Thanks for any thoughts. Do like your build and was going in that direction when I decided to try Unarmed for something really different (for me at least). Just FYI, for my build the main damage dealer is largely the counterattack trigger of Reckoning from the Surrender shield.
Hey Reactor52! Thanks for the post! Great questions.

"
Reactor52 wrote:
Quick, if somewhat off topic question. Although I am not playing this build, I am playing a Blocking Cycloner Gladiator. I just use Facebreaker for unarmed damage along with Surrender for the Reckoning. My question is on Blocking, Reckoning and CWDT. Reckoning (whether from a socketed gem or from Surrender) is a trigger based on block. Somewhere early in the posts someone recommended using Reckoning with a curse (using a CoH) gem. Would that be in addition to the damage dealing Reckoning that is already in the build? Can you have two Reckoning gem groups and do they both proc off of the same blocking?
I believe what the person mentioned was that they were applying CoH and the curse to the original Reckoning skill. Either way, only one trigger "goes off" with each hit. So even with my original build here, you need to get hit 3 times for all three triggers to go off. But that being said, that happens all the time. The thing to consider, if you've ever played anything with CwDT, is that PoE considers duplicate skills of the same level to be the same skill. So, if I have a CwDT level 1 linked to a Ball Lightning level 4 in both my gloves and my boots, only one Ball Lightning will ever cast. If I made one of the links a level 2 CwDT linked with a level 5 Ball Lightning, then both would get cast. Make sense? So in regards to Trigger Attacks, I ASSUME, I haven't actually tested it, that all triggers have the same rules. So I assume that you could have two Reckonings if you wanted to, but they'd have to be different levels.

"
Next, with my set up, and I believe yours is close, my "in map" blocking is at 79%. Is CWDT at all effective with that much block? My understanding is that you do get "hit" but that the "block" results in zero damage. So, ignoring things like dodge and evasion, you are almost always getting"hit" but your 79% block results in zero damage 79% of the time, which would seem to mean a low proc rate for a CWDT setup. I am sure I am missing something here. Thanks for any thoughts. Do like your build and was going in that direction when I decided to try Unarmed for something really different (for me at least). Just FYI, for my build the main damage dealer is largely the counterattack trigger of Reckoning from the Surrender shield.
Take your build in any direction you like! The "contrary" part of my builds is that, though my builds can easily clear the Atlas as is, the best part of RPG's is doing your own thing and figuring it out. So go for it! That's why I have the equipment freedom in all my guides. It let's experienced players use their own ideas and it lets new players play Stress-Free.

Also, you are correct! You didn't miss a thing. With CwDT is pretty pointless with max block. I originally had Tempest Shield linked to CwDT and there were maps where it didn't even get cast. If you put a long-lasting spell like Tempest Shield to a level 1 CwDT, it may stay up for the whole map. Nothing linked to a high-level CwDT would be helpful. I'd love to have Berserk linked to a level 20 CwDT So I don't have to worry about forgetting it, but the skill would never get cast.

Let me know if that doesn't answer your questions or if you have any more.

Thanks for the great post!

Annnnnd

"
Hey Reactor52! Thanks for the post! Great questions.

"
Reactor52 wrote:
I believe what the person mentioned was that they were applying CoH and the curse to the original Reckoning skill. Either way, only one trigger "goes off" with each hit. So even with my original build here, you need to get hit 3 times for all three triggers to go off. But that being said, that happens all the time. The thing to consider, if you've ever played anything with CwDT, is that PoE considers duplicate skills of the same level to be the same skill. So, if I have a CwDT level 1 linked to a Ball Lightning level 4 in both my gloves and my boots, only one Ball Lightning will ever cast. If I made one of the links a level 2 CwDT linked with a level 5 Ball Lightning, then both would get cast. Make sense? So in regards to Trigger Attacks, I ASSUME, I haven't actually tested it, that all triggers have the same rules. So I assume that you could have two Reckonings if you wanted to, but they'd have to be different levels.

"
Take your build in any direction you like! The "contrary" part of my builds is that, though my builds can easily clear the Atlas as is, the best part of RPG's is doing your own thing and figuring it out. So go for it! That's why I have the equipment freedom in all my guides. It let's experienced players use their own ideas and it lets new players play Stress-Free.

Also, you are correct! You didn't miss a thing. With CwDT is pretty pointless with max block. I originally had Tempest Shield linked to CwDT and there were maps where it didn't even get cast. If you put a long-lasting spell like Tempest Shield to a level 1 CwDT, it may stay up for the whole map. Nothing linked to a high-level CwDT would be helpful. I'd love to have Berserk linked to a level 20 CwDT So I don't have to worry about forgetting it, but the skill would never get cast.

Let me know if that doesn't answer your questions or if you have any more.

Thanks for the great post!

Great answers and thanks for the reply! Pretty much what I thought. For info, the Surrender has an embedded Level 30 Reckoning. I am using a separate Level 21 Reckoning gem to try and proc CoH linked to Vulnerability. It does proc it but not as often as I would have thought. Perhaps stuff just dies too fast or instantly and I don't get to see the curse symbol over their heads. Was wondering if it somehow was interfering with, or being interfered with, by the Surrender Reckoning. I too like to try and "automate" as much as possible and this seemed like a good way to get a curse out there. I have used the CWDT>Ball Lightning>CoH>Curse before and like it. But in this build with high block it just doesn't proc very often. However, as you mentioned, I am using a low level CWDT to proc Tempest Shield and Phase Run (instead of Culling Strike) but even at low level it doesn't as much as i would like. Thanks again for taking the time to reply, keep up the good work!
"
Reactor52 wrote:
Great answers and thanks for the reply! Pretty much what I thought. For info, the Surrender has an embedded Level 30 Reckoning. I am using a separate Level 21 Reckoning gem to try and proc CoH linked to Vulnerability. It does proc it but not as often as I would have thought. Perhaps stuff just dies too fast or instantly and I don't get to see the curse symbol over their heads. Was wondering if it somehow was interfering with, or being interfered with, by the Surrender Reckoning. I too like to try and "automate" as much as possible and this seemed like a good way to get a curse out there. I have used the CWDT>Ball Lightning>CoH>Curse before and like it. But in this build with high block it just doesn't proc very often. However, as you mentioned, I am using a low level CWDT to proc Tempest Shield and Phase Run (instead of Culling Strike) but even at low level it doesn't as much as i would like. Thanks again for taking the time to reply, keep up the good work!
I honestly haven't played with two of the same trigger attack skills that are different levels at the same time. So I'm not sure. I think the easiest way is to go into a high tier map, not attack anything, and only have your two Reckonings active (unsocket your other automatic skills. Maybe even take out the supports for the Reckoning that isn't casting a curse. Then once in the map, watch the two skills go off and see if the curse gets applied. My guess is that the curse is being applied but it doesn't have a big enough AoE for us to notice the cursed enemies before they die.

And regarding CwDT level 1 and Tempest Shield, even though I want to use as few buttons as possible, I still manually cast Tempest Shield...otherwise, it may not get used. That's alright. It just means Blocking is great :).

Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement.

Annnnnd

Hey Everyone,

Just as a heads up, this is normally the time of the league where I'm really considering if any changes need to be done to a build/guide. I don't like making changes unless I need to.

I'll be keeping Bladestorm as the main skill and obviously blocking is the center of it all.

The only changes that I'll be making will be to the tree itself. I want to have all one-handed melee weapons as an option for this build, not just swords. So I'll be changing the tree to accommodate that. So save some of those drops with good stats for when 3.9 give you the free respec.

I'm also not sure if I'll be keeping Bleed (which I love) and/or adding Impale to the 5/6 link of Bladestorm. But that will change next to nothing in terms of supports and gear.

Anyway, now you know.

That being said, if you have any suggestions for this build's future or the guide itself, please let me know.

Good talk!

Annnnnd

Took a quick look at the guide and it's indeed very indepth guide. I'm amazed that it's indeed possible to run this kind of build no specific or required items or stats.

However, would it be difficult to include Immortal Call / CWDT mechanic to this build? I played a Molten Strike Juggernaut once and it had IC / CWDT on it, which was proccing all, I mean ALL THE TIME and it was honestly the greatest thing in this game, IMO. The effect and the popping sound is all I'd like to use even if it wouldn't be the most effective defensive mechanic.

Which Skill Gems should I replace if needed? Does the build have enough Endurance Charge generation to support IC / CWDT spam?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info