3.8| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

My Builds Going Forward (PoE 2 & Onwards...)
So ExileCon made some HUGE announcements! I'm really really really excited for them to come to fruition. That being said, character building will be completely different and as a result, existing guides/builds will be changing dramatically.

Now I love theory crafting. I would LOVE to have a build/guide for each of the current 19 ascendancy classes. Ideas are always rolling through my head (as I'm sure they are for you too ;).) With PoE adding an ADDITIONAL 19 ascendancies, I obviously have to pick and choose...38 ASCENDANCIES!!! I restrict myself to a maximum of 6 guides for the amount of personal time it takes to keep them updated and to be active in their threads. So I'll have to continue with the current strategy that I have when picking guides which is, "pick an idea or mechanic of the game that I really like, and build around it." Unfortunately, the number of things I'd like to write a guide on is much greater than 6. So I try to mix and match my preferences within one build while making it efficient, fun to play, that can be played with any rare items, something that doesn't require finicky aiming on PC, and something that can accommodate my long list of medical restrictions.

So with 38 ascendancies, there will obviously be a ton of options. Currently, there's one Necromancer...maybe there will be more. Currently, Occultist is perfect for CI, maybe more will be added. I'd love to keep all of my guides with their current base classes but if one of the new ascendancies matches more what I enjoy, I may end up changing to it. I want all my guides to be the same league in, league out. So IF I make any class changes, it's with the intent of the change being permanent.

So, here's a list of things I really like in PoE and that I'll hopefully be able to incorporate into 6 guides (I currently can't):

- A legion of minions that stay summoned and kill everything for me.
- A max Block character
- A max Dodge Character
- A bow character
- A totem character
- A CI character
- An RF character (if there was ever a Cold RF skill I'd choose that)
- I LOVE Phasing
- I love killing my minions
- A character that buffs allies (I know it's hard without uniques)
- Having a Scion would be cool
- I love lots of charges
- I LOOOOOVE slowing Enemies
- I love Shield skills

So anyway, the point of all this is, I don't know what PoE 2 will bring but I'll be doing my best not to change any ascendancies...but I will if it helps me get everything I love about the game into 6 builds/guides.

Thanks for your time and support. You're all fantastic. :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi, Im following your guide but cant find anything about where to start with the ascendancy points.
Should I go for Painforged or Arena Challenger first?.
Blazing since 1999.
"
"
mitbanomen wrote:
Hey,

Just did Mastermind on level 82 in WIP gear. First ever try, didn't know the mechanics just stood there, and facetanked all. I run the Bladestorm variant.

So yeah, this build is viable indeed.
Ha ha! Awesome mitbanomen! Isn't blocking sweet! That's actually a really hard battle if you don't know the process of it. So good for you doing it your first try!

Thanks for the post! I like hearing how people fare. Good job.

My progress is so far: I reached lvl 86 with this build, and I think this is your best creation that I tried so far. Fast, deadly, tanky af.

Holy RF is on lvl 86 too. Just started to collect the life wheel, so he has started to roll. The real trick was to add two Kaom's Way for 9 endurance charges.

Slomo is slomo. Damage and clearspeed is best of all, but she is squishy a bit, so carefull play needed. On lvl 91 I'm well over 6K effective life, so it's not that bad.

I really wanted to like your curser, but I didn't get succeeded. Vortex is not my style of play, so she is waiting for respec to something else.

So its 3/4 for me so far. Thank you for your effort!
Last edited by mitbanomen on Nov 18, 2019, 3:47:05 AM
"
Chili wrote:
Hi, Im following your guide but cant find anything about where to start with the ascendancy points.
Should I go for Painforged or Arena Challenger first?.
Hey Chili,

It's a busy guide, no problem at all. If you go to "The Guts", then "Passive Tree", then "Ascendancy". It's tucked away pretty good. I'll paste it for you though so you don't have to go clicking around.

"You can spend your points in any order you like. My preference is as follows (defence first):
- 1st Two Points - Painforged. Busy little guy. You get block chance if you didn't block a hit, extra damage if did block, you can't be stunned if you blocked a hit (that's a biggie), but sexiest of all...your counter-attacks (Riposte, Reckoning, and Vengeance) deal double damage :).
- 2nd Two Points - Versatile Combatant. This node fixes our spell block chance. With this node, our block chance for spells always equals our attack block chance. Our max spell block chance also increases with the max attack block chance.
- 3rd Two Points - Violent Retaliation. Lots of goodies here. This increases our maximum chance to block from the normal 75% cap to 79%, we get increased Physical Damage for each block in the last 10 seconds (bonus damage while clearing), lots of damage if we've blocked damage from a Rare or Unique enemy in the past 10 seconds (good for boss battles), and additional block chances for each block we've done in the last 10 seconds.
- 4th Two Points - Arena Challenger. This skill revolves around Challenger Charges which can only be earned with this node. Challenger Charges improve your attack and movement speed by 2% per node, capping at 10 nodes (20%). This is the skill that simplifies the Blood and Sand aura set. IF you care to switch between those auras and guarantee your 10 Challenger Charges, use Sand Stance to kill in maps, and Blood Stance to kill bosses."

Let me know if there's anything else. I'm happy to help.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
mitbanomen wrote:
My progress is so far: I reached lvl 86 with this build, and I think this is your best creation that I tried so far. Fast, deadly, tanky af.

Holy RF is on lvl 86 too. Just started to collect the life wheel, so he has started to roll. The real trick was to add two Kaom's Way for 9 endurance charges.

Slomo is slomo. Damage and clearspeed is best of all, but she is squishy a bit, so carefull play needed. On lvl 91 I'm well over 6K effective life, so it's not that bad.

I really wanted to like your curser, but I didn't get succeeded. Vortex is not my style of play, so she is waiting for respec to something else.

So its 3/4 for me so far. Thank you for your effort!
Hey mitbanomen! Always a pleasure :).

I love the feedback thank you! Ya, not every skill/build is for everyone and I appreciate your honesty. I appreciate your compliments on this build. It'll be just as defensive for 3.9 and deal a lot more damage...if the tree doesn't change too much next league.

Thank you again for such kind words, encouragement and feedback. If you're up for it, keep the feedback for any guide, coming.

Annnnnd

At lvl 60 this build feels legit ... enjoying it. Kudos to the author :) Of course I'm overpowered as I already had access to good gear and currency.
Bloody good build. After getting "The Surrender" playing is a pure bliss.
One of the best builds since i started playing PoE.

Second forumpost since 2012, just to show my gratitude. :-)
"
martyl48 wrote:
At lvl 60 this build feels legit ... enjoying it. Kudos to the author :) Of course I'm overpowered as I already had access to good gear and currency.
Thanks martyl48,

You're very kind. I'll just pretend you're not using overpowered gear to be overpowered and take all the credit ;).

I'm glad you're liking the build though and if you have any feedback for the build or the guide, I'm all ears.

The blocking is so great though, isn't it? I'm surprised so few people play it.

Thanks for taking the time to be encouraging.

Annnnnd

"
Eodman wrote:
Bloody good build. After getting "The Surrender" playing is a pure bliss.
One of the best builds since i started playing PoE.

Second forumpost since 2012, just to show my gratitude. :-)
Thanks Eodman,

That's a very kind message. Thanks for taking the time to be thoughtful! I'm honoured to have your second post since 2012 ;).

Not to ruin your streak of rarely posting, but if you have any suggestions feedback for the guide or build, I'm always willing to see how things can be improved.

Thanks again for your kindness. :)

Annnnnd

Hey! I am looking to try this build for my next play through with a friend.

The guide looks really good and I really like simple gameplay it provides. I am really new to the game tho and most build I follow have a leveling guide where it shows the gem progressions, for example I am not too sure what gem to focus on first/use whilst I don't have bladestorm and things like that. Similarly, a leveling skill tree would be nice, even tho any direction is fine I am sure certain things are more important early game than others!

Any chance to add something like that? not necessary a walkthrough but a progression guide and kind of gear/links/pasives checks per act?

Thanks and keep up the nice guides and creative builds!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info