3.8| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Hey,

Just did Mastermind on level 82 in WIP gear. First ever try, didn't know the mechanics just stood there, and facetanked all. I run the Bladestorm variant.

So yeah, this build is viable indeed.
"

Spoiler
Hey Everyone,

Just as a heads up, this is normally the time of the league where I'm really considering if any changes need to be done to a build/guide. I don't like making changes unless I need to.

I'll be keeping Bladestorm as the main skill and obviously blocking is the center of it all.

The only changes that I'll be making will be to the tree itself. I want to have all one-handed melee weapons as an option for this build, not just swords. So I'll be changing the tree to accommodate that. So save some of those drops with good stats for when 3.9 give you the free respec.

I'm also not sure if I'll be keeping Bleed (which I love) and/or adding Impale to the 5/6 link of Bladestorm. But that will change next to nothing in terms of supports and gear.

Anyway, now you know.

That being said, if you have any suggestions for this build's future or the guide itself, please let me know.

Good talk!

This League I played this Build as my Alt (Blight_CyGlad_onthePath) and SloMo as my main (I mention it because I suspect that it affected how I felt about this Build for Blight). I tried both Bladestorm (which indeed has it charms) and Cyclone (a personal favourite Skill). Both Skills worked reasonably well (I did personalize them of course), but when it came to the Blight League stuff, it just felt like such a waste to use this Build instead of the SloMo Build (with this Build, I struggled to protect the Pump, but with SloMo my struggle was to get the Towers up (for the Spend Resources Challenge) before everything was dead). So I liked/enjoyed the Build, but I couldn't stick with it very long because it just felt so ineffective compared to Necromancer.

Back to this Build. I used both Bleed (with Crimson Dance) and Impale but not Vaal Pact (I like to have some Life Regen and I didn't have the points to spare after I rerouted the Tree a little). I think what you said about Bleed is spot on (big hits, not attack speed) without Crimson Dance, but with Crimson Dance I felt that Cyclone had a decent chance to keep the 8 Bleed Stacks up. I also went with 100% Chance to Impale (saved a point or two when SloMo dropped a useful Watcher's Eye). It seemed to produce decent offence, but unfortunately (this League), it just paled in comparison to Necromancer. If I were using Bladestorm, right now I would go for Impale over Bleed.

(the Blight_CyGlad_onthePath Character is currently set up for Cyclone - when I flipped from Bladestorm I changed the 6-Link Skills and changed the Reduced Mana mods from Non-Channelling to Channelling)

I will be interested in seeing how you set things up for using other Weapon Types. I never seem to find a decent enough weapon and expanding the selection might shake that up. With this build I tend to feel like I'm using a substandard weapon (seems like about a 2ex minimum commitment to get in the game) while with the SloMo Build I feel like anything I get on the Weapon is pure Gravy.

Thanks for once again greatly enhancing my League experience. Some day I will find the time to check out another of your Builds (come the Necro Nerf?), but I'm currently doing quite well with this and SloMo. There is a chance that I have addicted myself to the allure of the League META however ....

Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"

Spoiler
Hey Everyone,

Just as a heads up, this is normally the time of the league where I'm really considering if any changes need to be done to a build/guide. I don't like making changes unless I need to.

I'll be keeping Bladestorm as the main skill and obviously blocking is the center of it all.

The only changes that I'll be making will be to the tree itself. I want to have all one-handed melee weapons as an option for this build, not just swords. So I'll be changing the tree to accommodate that. So save some of those drops with good stats for when 3.9 give you the free respec.

I'm also not sure if I'll be keeping Bleed (which I love) and/or adding Impale to the 5/6 link of Bladestorm. But that will change next to nothing in terms of supports and gear.

Anyway, now you know.

That being said, if you have any suggestions for this build's future or the guide itself, please let me know.

Good talk!

This League I played this Build as my Alt (Blight_CyGlad_onthePath) and SloMo as my main (I mention it because I suspect that it affected how I felt about this Build for Blight). I tried both Bladestorm (which indeed has it charms) and Cyclone (a personal favourite Skill). Both Skills worked reasonably well (I did personalize them of course), but when it came to the Blight League stuff, it just felt like such a waste to use this Build instead of the SloMo Build (with this Build, I struggled to protect the Pump, but with SloMo my struggle was to get the Towers up (for the Spend Resources Challenge) before everything was dead). So I liked/enjoyed the Build, but I couldn't stick with it very long because it just felt so ineffective compared to Necromancer.

Back to this Build. I used both Bleed (with Crimson Dance) and Impale but not Vaal Pact (I like to have some Life Regen and I didn't have the points to spare after I rerouted the Tree a little). I think what you said about Bleed is spot on (big hits, not attack speed) without Crimson Dance, but with Crimson Dance I felt that Cyclone had a decent chance to keep the 8 Bleed Stacks up. I also went with 100% Chance to Impale (saved a point or two when SloMo dropped a useful Watcher's Eye). It seemed to produce decent offence, but unfortunately (this League), it just paled in comparison to Necromancer. If I were using Bladestorm, right now I would go for Impale over Bleed.

(the Blight_CyGlad_onthePath Character is currently set up for Cyclone - when I flipped from Bladestorm I changed the 6-Link Skills and changed the Reduced Mana mods from Non-Channelling to Channelling)

I will be interested in seeing how you set things up for using other Weapon Types. I never seem to find a decent enough weapon and expanding the selection might shake that up. With this build I tend to feel like I'm using a substandard weapon (seems like about a 2ex minimum commitment to get in the game) while with the SloMo Build I feel like anything I get on the Weapon is pure Gravy.

Thanks for once again greatly enhancing my League experience. Some day I will find the time to check out another of your Builds (come the Necro Nerf?), but I'm currently doing quite well with this and SloMo. There is a chance that I have addicted myself to the allure of the League META however ....

Cheap but very effective weapon for this build is Grelwood Shank provided you stick to Bladestorm:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/Gn7nqocb

Very high phys = more Bladestorm damage + more bleed, with BS you are stationary, so huge armor buff, and I believe Tempest Shield's charge is a projectile, so there is a buff for that too.
"
mitbanomen wrote:

Cheap but very effective weapon for this build is Grelwood Shank provided you stick to Bladestorm:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/Gn7nqocb

Very high phys = more Bladestorm damage + more bleed, with BS you are stationary, so huge armor buff, and I believe Tempest Shield's charge is a projectile, so there is a buff for that too.

Thanks, it is a decent tip.

In Legion I had a 360+DPS Dragoon Sword with +40 Dex to help out with the high Dex Requirement plus the inherent Chance to Bleed and full weapon reach. Sadly for me, most of the stuff now just feels unsatisfactory. I play on Xbox and you never know what will be, or will not be available, and for how much.

Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
dragothica wrote:
Took a quick look at the guide and it's indeed very indepth guide. I'm amazed that it's indeed possible to run this kind of build no specific or required items or stats.

However, would it be difficult to include Immortal Call / CWDT mechanic to this build? I played a Molten Strike Juggernaut once and it had IC / CWDT on it, which was proccing all, I mean ALL THE TIME and it was honestly the greatest thing in this game, IMO. The effect and the popping sound is all I'd like to use even if it wouldn't be the most effective defensive mechanic.

Which Skill Gems should I replace if needed? Does the build have enough Endurance Charge generation to support IC / CWDT spam?
Hey dragothica.

I appreciate the compliment. If you give the build a shot, let me know what you think and I hope you like it. I've finished the tree for 3.9 (as long as GGG doesn't change it too much) and next league you'll be able to use any one-handed melee weapon. Well, Bladestorm requires either a Sword or Axe, but at least I won't be excluding Axes anymore.

Regarding CwDT...I LOVE CwDT. If you look at ANY of my other guides you'll see that I use it tons. This build however really nullifies CwDT. Our Block Chance will be at 79% for both Spell and Attack Hits. So only 21% of incoming hits will have damage even recorded to a CwDT gem. Even a Level 1 CwDT won't go off very often. So whatever you have linked to it would have to be for fun instead of important.

Regarding Endurance Charges...they are a perk to the setup. They aren't focused on at all. We only get them from a 5% chance on kill.

In other words, trying to incorporate what you loved about your previously mentioned build would simply require a different build altogether.

I appreciate the post and the kind words :). Let me know what you think if you try it out.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
mitbanomen wrote:
Hey,

Just did Mastermind on level 82 in WIP gear. First ever try, didn't know the mechanics just stood there, and facetanked all. I run the Bladestorm variant.

So yeah, this build is viable indeed.
Ha ha! Awesome mitbanomen! Isn't blocking sweet! That's actually a really hard battle if you don't know the process of it. So good for you doing it your first try!

Thanks for the post! I like hearing how people fare. Good job.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
Spoiler

Hey walkjohn55! Always a pleasure :).

I really appreciate the feedback and honesty. As you know I don't make any build changes to revolve around league mechanics, nor do I play League primarily. So it's good to hear how the build pans out. That being said, I did all my DPS math on paper (ignoring PoB) to figure out what I'm going to do for 3.9 (if the tree doesn't get changed too much) and I got the melee damage well over 100K DPS more than the 3.8 version...and that's without hard to meet perfect circumstances. It'll be easy and normal to achieve. So if Blight gets added to the core game, this build will fare much better...though, I don't think many of my guides will be able to beat Slow-Mo for Blight.

To satisfy your curiosity about being able to include both axes and swords for next league, I spent FOREVER doing math with Impale, Bleed, including possible elemental damage, excluding elemental damage...tons of combinations (though I'm sure I missed some)...I used PoB to get a visual of the tree but did the math of Support Gems with "increased" and "more" on paper. When considering Impale and Bleed I just assumed the "chance to apply" was 100% (even though it wouldn't be). And you know what? Even though I really loved the Bleed ailment (when I play Dark Souls 2 I LOVE having a poison and bleed falchion), and I really wanted to implement Impale as well, I found the best (BY FAR) damage was to just go pure physical. Even with all the great bleed and impale nodes close by, nothing came close. So I'll likely (obviously subject to change) will have the 5/6 link of Bladestorm be: Bladestorm - Fortify - Rage - Close Combat - Brutality - Melee Physical. Its damage was superior by far and the best part is that it's not really circumstantial. Just get close. And ignoring elemental damage is easy because a weapon wants all physical damage rolls anyway and that can easily fill up the weapon.

ANYWAY...now you know.

I'm sure all my work will have been in vain after Exilecon...but oh well. T'was fun ;).

I REALLY appreciate your posts and feedback and thanks for taking the time to post here even though you're really going with the Zombie build. And thanks for such great compliments too. :)

Annnnnd

very nice guide and fun build so far. your "whatever you choose"-builds enable a much more relaxed way to play this game. im curious how far i'll get with this charakter.

i just reached lvl 28 and got bladestorm. i saw that you mentioned ice crash and consecrated path as possible alternatives.

what support gems would fit best to those skills? and i assume that we wouldnt go with bleed choosing one of the alternatives, would we?

Thanks
"
piza14 wrote:
very nice guide and fun build so far. your "whatever you choose"-builds enable a much more relaxed way to play this game. im curious how far i'll get with this charakter.

i just reached lvl 28 and got bladestorm. i saw that you mentioned ice crash and consecrated path as possible alternatives.

what support gems would fit best to those skills? and i assume that we wouldnt go with bleed choosing one of the alternatives, would we?

Thanks
Thanks piza14! That's very nice of you. I appreciate the feedback. This character (as all melee builds) is dependant on its weapon. In this case, you'll be able to clear the Atlas no problem with mediocre gear. But always keep your eyes open for the most physical damage you can on your weapon.

Ya, bleed would be excluded from those two alternative skills. I'd probably give both of those skills the same supports as each other. Likely: Rage, Fortify, Close Combat, Melee Physical, and Pulverise.

Thanks for the post! Let me know how it goes.

Annnnnd

Sooooo...who's ready for change? A player's dream, a guide writer's nightmare ;). I can't wait!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info