Check out the Saboteur Ascendancy in Path of Exile: Blight

"
pr13st wrote:
clear mind is gone. you'll be reserving most mana in boss fights so you'll dig into MoM if you took it. Regen is halved.

on the other hand, 23 mines but will you be able to plant them before you get one shot?

Just use decoy totem.

"
DarkLegionary wrote:

I'm not sure if the Blastchain Mine Support "5% more damage for each mine detonated in sequence." is an aura, but if it is that's 220% more damage (though, from the wording it sounds like the damage goes up for each mine one after the other, so only the final mine to explode would be 220%, presuming the first mine starts at 0% more). That's an average of 110% more damage.

GGG said it is possible to have enough mines thrwoing speed to outspeed mine exploding speed. Which mean you can make infinite chain of explosions as long as you have mana for it. So, in theory, you could get even 1000% more damage.
Last edited by Aynix on Sep 1, 2019, 3:40:23 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:
clear mind is gone. you'll be reserving most mana in boss fights so you'll dig into MoM if you took it. Regen is halved.

on the other hand, 23 mines but will you be able to plant them before you get one shot?

Just use decoy totem.

You forgot to say kappa.
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:

Just use decoy totem.

You forgot to say kappa.

Im not joiking.
Do you people who think this is actually good ever play Saboteurs? You don't get 18% damage reduction. You get the 10% that was already on the ascendancy and already not enough to stay alive. The 8% only applies to area damage from hits. That's a narrow, tiny category of damage, almost all of which is manually avoidable to begin with. You don't die to area damage from hits unless you screw up and stand in a shaper slam. You die to one-shots from legion mobs or temple constructs blapping you from offscreen with ranged attacks from outside the range of your blinding aura.

And yes, the regen is a huge nerf. Because sometimes those massive shots from offscreen don't actually kill you, but drop you to 200 health. And even if you do like the new Explosives Expert node, the weak 8% area hit reduction doesn't make up for the huge nerf to elemental penetration on the same node!
"
Kurgosh wrote:
Do you people who think this is actually good ever play Saboteurs? You don't get 18% damage reduction. You get the 10% that was already on the ascendancy and already not enough to stay alive. The 8% only applies to area damage from hits. That's a narrow, tiny category of damage, almost all of which is manually avoidable to begin with. You don't die to area damage from hits unless you screw up and stand in a shaper slam. You die to one-shots from legion mobs or temple constructs blapping you from offscreen with ranged attacks from outside the range of your blinding aura.

And yes, the regen is a huge nerf. Because sometimes those massive shots from offscreen don't actually kill you, but drop you to 200 health. And even if you do like the new Explosives Expert node, the weak 8% area hit reduction doesn't make up for the huge nerf to elemental penetration on the same node!

I have advice for you. If you die, invest in GOD DAMN DEFENSE instead going glass cannon, investing everything in damage to one shot bosses and compaining you are squishy. I never had problems surviving as a Sabo after the rework of it.
"
Aynix wrote:

GGG said it is possible to have enough mines thrwoing speed to outspeed mine exploding speed. Which mean you can make infinite chain of explosions as long as you have mana for it. So, in theory, you could get even 1000% more damage

Very interesting. It also means you'll be able to increase the buffs of the other mine types further by throwing more as they detonate. This might make Pyromaniac better than people realize now that I think about it. As you add more and more mines you'll be reserving more and more mana so the 20% reduced mana reservation could be pivotal in maximizing your dps. We'll have to wait and see.

"
Aynix wrote:
I never had problems surviving as a Sabo after the rework of it.

I'm confused. You've played the rework?

"
Kurgosh wrote:
And even if you do like the new Explosives Expert node, the weak 8% area hit reduction doesn't make up for the huge nerf to elemental penetration on the same node!

What huge nerf to elemental penetration? It's still 10%, it's just on the condition that they're chilled now. That's not hard to do, especially given miners can now get unkillable skitterbois with shocking/chilling auras. The new Explosives Expert is way better than the old one. Just takes a little bit more effort to build around.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Kurgosh wrote:

I have advice for you. If you die, invest in GOD DAMN DEFENSE instead going glass cannon, investing everything in damage to one shot bosses and compaining you are squishy. I never had problems surviving as a Sabo after the rework of it.

You're either a terrible troll or just ignorant. Running around low tier maps is not the measure of viability. Almost any build can do that. Your sabo is level 92, with entirely mediocre gear and far weaker defenses than my sabo builds. Your challenges don't show any experience of any sort with end game content (no deepish delves, no uber elders, no uber atziris) which suggests that you just don't have the experience to know what you're talking about.
"
DarkLegionary wrote:

I'm confused. You've played the rework?

In the past Sabotoeur didnt have that 20% life regen. I meant rework that gave us it.

@Kurgosh
My Sabo is 3 leagues old and it was Lighting Warp Traps build. I never had any problem clearing even T16 maps, killed a Shaper and Red Elder with it plenty of times. Heck, msot of my spellcaster builds never had any life regen or leech, at all. Guess what, I did not have problems clearing T16 maps with them either. If you are talking about legion-only, yes you could have problems surviving. However, it wasnt ascendency fault. Legion rares had just retareded amount of damage and you will die to them even if you would play Juggernaut with 8 endurance charges.
But hey, some people think 20% life regen makes them immortal and they doesnt need any other defence.
Last edited by Aynix on Sep 1, 2019, 4:28:17 AM
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
the reason this ascendancy sees no play : its so damn narrow.

Sab could (should imo) have curse nodes. Ailments unbound from mines/traps? Sure, it has an identity, but damn if you want it to be anything other than

'mek trep, boom. repet'

I dont think miners even use curses do they? i dont remember if any of mine used one lol
"
ncoffey4 wrote:
I don't get the complaints. If all you were playing Sabo for was the regen, maybe you were doing it wrong. Other classes do regen better. Sabo seems fine to me and could potentially be busted if the new mine mechanic ends up being OP.

This regen helps with all the little shit that hits you on the way to the big shit that 1 hits you

And dont say dont get hit cause i literally get hit by everything playing a miner somehow (all of my miners have massive deaths lol)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info