Check out the Saboteur Ascendancy in Path of Exile: Blight

"
Hmmm... Lots of defensive stuff. Hmmm... At first look it seems bad, but the more you think about it, you come to realize that Miners are usually squishy AF, and this allows them to take all that sweet damage while also not being made of paper. Overall not bad, but still not something I'd play.

Am I looking at the same preview as you? The only defensive things I see are Born in Shadow's Blind effects, which I can't see any changes from the current Saboteur, and the Regen on Pyromaniac, which is eating a brutal 50% nerf.... ????
the reason this ascendancy sees no play : its so damn narrow.

Sab could (should imo) have curse nodes. Ailments unbound from mines/traps? Sure, it has an identity, but damn if you want it to be anything other than

'mek trep, boom. repet'
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
Hmmm... Lots of defensive stuff. Hmmm... At first look it seems bad, but the more you think about it, you come to realize that Miners are usually squishy AF, and this allows them to take all that sweet damage while also not being made of paper. Overall not bad, but still not something I'd play.

Am I looking at the same preview as you? The only defensive things I see are Born in Shadow's Blind effects, which I can't see any changes from the current Saboteur, and the Regen on Pyromaniac, which is eating a brutal 50% nerf.... ????

There's also the really weak hinder effect. So yay?
"
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:

* 10% Reduced Damage Taken from Blinded Enemies

* Nearby Enemies are Blinded

* 8% Reduced Area Damage Taken from Hits

* Immune to Ignite and Shock

* 40% Hinder

* Up to 20% Life regen if you combine Traps and Mines

You kidding? ???

You do know that most of that is already part of the current, very squishy, Sabo ascendancy right? And that it's been nerfed from the current version?
Please SEND ASSASSIN
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Definitely 48% one ascendancy league/ Now even going to 60% seems to.
And sure it will be no sabo. No. No no non no no ;)
Sabo will still not be the best ascendancy for traps but it looks like it could possibly be the best in slot for miners. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or not. Whoever said they were going to nerf life regen was right, I'm betting GGG thinks people are going to really be using those new gloves.
"
Aynix wrote:
Mines now detonate in the sequence, not all of them. It means they will detonate, one after another, faster.

Ty sir.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
By nerfing Pyromaniac, I can tell that the balance team was trying to simultaneously encourage people to try other, new/better node choices instead, and to price people into the new Mine Leech stat from other sources.

But I just have to say... that was a terrible idea and this ascendancy seems even worse now than before.
"
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:

* 10% Reduced Damage Taken from Blinded Enemies

* Nearby Enemies are Blinded

* 8% Reduced Area Damage Taken from Hits

* Immune to Ignite and Shock

* 40% Hinder

* Up to 20% Life regen if you combine Traps and Mines

You kidding? ???

It's not that they were kidding, it's that you're an amnesiac.

Go back to the PoE wiki and read the current version of saboteur. Most of that is already there, except the life regen is actually better now than it's going to be in 3.8.

That 50% loss of regen is a bigger detriment to the Sabo overall than the hinder and area damage buffs you mentioned. The ascendancy is worse, defensively, now. So yeah, you're definitely the wrong one claiming that Sabo is getting defensive buffs.

Whether it becomes better offensively REALLY depends on how good the new mines are in practice. But miners are going to 100% be priced into the new mine leech stat.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 31, 2019, 5:28:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info