Check out the Saboteur Ascendancy in Path of Exile: Blight

Why would you evene need that 20% life regen. Just dont get hit 4Head.
Did not think anything could get me off starting with miner for blight but this atleast makes me consider other options, nice work...
New mines better be f*****g OP
I think mines and Sab will be "fine," but none of this is interesting or creative, and these changes in particular make this Ascendancy weaker overall. Now that mines are throwable, there is actually even less definition in playstyle, so I don't understand why there is the choice being made to blur the lines, add more skill gems, and rework everything like this... You have overcomplicated something by oversimplifying a system we wanted kept complex in its intricacies. Now it's just weird.

Also, nerfing the regen - easily the one biggest defensive advantage of this class - is laughable, as in Path of One-Shots, you have failed utterly to balance the incoming damage the player faces up to this point in time. If a Sab does survive a hit, it's their regen that lets them carry on, and now even that is cut in half.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on Aug 31, 2019, 6:46:36 PM
A lot of this might be shock for putting out Legion where just about everyone went Slayer, and Synthesis where everyone went Winter Orb. Putting on the breaks before they run into that wall.
I just don't get GGG's reasoning behind trying to build hype with this preview. If the only real change to Saboteur is a huge nerf to one of it's main draws, just slip that into the patch notes - what do they have to gain by going 'Check out this huge nerf to a severely underplayed ascendancy, doesn't this get you all excited for Blight?!!!'

And more then that, it just isn't really changed much other then the nerf. Rather you feel the Necromancer change was a buff or a nerf, at least it's undoubtedly a major change, which is reason to highlight it with a big preview post. They could have just summed this one up with a few change notes.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Aug 31, 2019, 7:37:56 PM
So I'm old, my hands aren't what they used to be and just not as good video games as I used to be. don't have the time either.

I was super hyped this patch for necros (love summons) and miners. Still love the old fire trap.

This might be the most disappointed I have been with GGG. Enough that I logged on to say this.

Sab and macro just seem completely uninspired in a d3 sort of way. Just number buffs. Nothing cool, nothing fancy, just number buffs. where is the design choice that made some like ghost shroud?

I was super hyped and already took time off for work for patch day and now I can't see a reason to play.

This is uninspired, which is the worse thing it could be.
Last edited by Lightfighter1580 on Aug 31, 2019, 7:49:24 PM
this looks bad for any mine build which won't use the mines that have built in aura effects.
it looks pretty bonkers for any mine build that will use those mines. 100% inc effect of those auras?

one of the skills gives 3% inc dmg taken per mine, max of 15 mines, thats 45% inc dmg taken. massive. and this doubles it. 90% inc dmg taken. what the fuck
So Max mines with aura effect and you could get up around 175% increased damage taken with the storm mine or insane crit scaling with icicle mine (if I'm understanding what they said correctly). just based on that I'm very interested to see just how much flat fire damage pyro mines give.
Sure there isn't much new to say on the sabo tree defenceivly but between skiter bots, the mine mechanics changes and this crazy level of damage scaling sabo should be able to run really defensive tress and gear and might be quite tanky...
I don't get the complaints. If all you were playing Sabo for was the regen, maybe you were doing it wrong. Other classes do regen better. Sabo seems fine to me and could potentially be busted if the new mine mechanic ends up being OP.
"
ncoffey4 wrote:
I don't get the complaints. If all you were playing Sabo for was the regen, maybe you were doing it wrong. Other classes do regen better. Sabo seems fine to me and could potentially be busted if the new mine mechanic ends up being OP.

We were playing sabo for the traps or mines. But without the regen, our already squishy ascendancy is now even less viable. (Also, got a nerf to mana cost and a nerf to elemental pen. So massive nerfs across the board.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info