New Mine Skills in Path of Exile: Blight

nice
RIP Standard economy for +1 mine helms lol
I'm interested to test these out in practice. Mines reserving mana is really going to hurt, however. I don't think the numbers will be there but I'm willing to try it.
Le Toucan Will Return
Name change to Skitterbois instead would be good.
Those little buddies are so cute...
One question i have about all of this is...why not just do mostly the same thing, but with traps?
I like most of those gems, and several of those mechanics, but they feel very much out of place with the whole "mine identity" thing that's essentially being removed. I'd have preferred it if traps played out like this, and mines remained with the same mechanical concept.
mine can throw >> OP
if trap and mine can leech >> Over 9000!!

"
Prizy wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
so why would anyone play traps now?
im just curious

It's weird. I was wondering why anyone would play mines when traps skip the whole detonation thing.

Maybe better single target or something. That pyroclast looks really cool but not sure if I really want to stop and throw stuff and then detonate it.

I think hmm... stormbrand + herald of ice or this...

Maybe this is better for bossing or something.

Traps detonate when they are in contact on enemies but with mines, you have the luxury to detonate anywhere so you don't have to aim with mines which is a big deal as it increases your survivability and traps cant beat mines DPS
"
Prizy wrote:
It's weird. I was wondering why anyone would play mines when traps skip the whole detonation thing.

Maybe better single target or something. That pyroclast looks really cool but not sure if I really want to stop and throw stuff and then detonate it.

I think hmm... stormbrand + herald of ice or this...

Maybe this is better for bossing or something.

skip the whole detonation thing? but its instant. its literally just a button press. and you don't even have it on a skill bar. and you can detonate it anytime you want, instead of if just one dude from a whole pack scrolls over your trap cluster and detonates it all

mines are just more versatile than traps now. especially with the whole detonate in sequence thing going on. and you can lay new mines while the detonation is happening, and it will also detonate in sequence?!?!?! thats amazing.

so you throw a few mines, hit detonate, while throwing mines to other packs and they all blow up. you can essentially "skip the detonation" with this mechanic with mines now.
RiP Tremor Rod you never really had a chance in life. I saw a light in this league, but alas you were never meant to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info