New Mine Skills in Path of Exile: Blight

Sadly, mines are just like new traps. I think thats a realy uncreative solution for the problem that only a few people played mines, and GGG could have done a much better and creative solution than this. In my opinion mines loose a lot of theyre nature. Sure mines are much better playable now, but just only a less interesting mainstream skill now too.
:/
GGG Team brings me a lot of happiness in 2019, i may not like everything but assuming how different the game get in the last few months made me really Happy.
BUT DAMN this is something else. I dunno if i'll enjoy everything about thoses changes, but i'm really really REALLY HAPPY about how exotic this is - i get it looks like Trap but, betwhen place on your feet and throw i totally pref throw. Now we have a huge set of Trap / Mine USERFUL skills, since i could never play Mine using anything but "Remote Mine". Thanks GGG.
So what's the major difference between traps and mines now? Stylistic preference perhaps? I guess we'll know more when patch notes come out.
You still have detonate the mines.
RIP Fire Nova Mine and Freeze Mine.

Dang it, Fire Nova Mine build was on my to-do list :(
Player numbers are plummeting.
ok here's a question then...

High-Impact Mine Support aura that gives hits against nearby enemies a chance to deal Double Damage.

Couple this with the new Sab Ascendancy that doubles the effects of auras from mines What will this do?

Is the effect the chance or is the effect the double damage? will it double the % chance of the effect or will it double what i consider the effect is (double damage becomes QUAD damage)?
Mines will still be considered spells in 3.8, right?
"On Mines, they'll activate and then re-arm the mine, which won't set off a detonation sequence. On Traps, they'll trigger a number of traps at once. "

"The base mine limit is now 15, up from 5. You can get up to 23 mines at once by combining passives and the Minefield Support."

"Mines take less of your time to place now, taking 0.25 seconds for each throw."

Well yeah, i just want to know if blast chain and skitter bot would interact with tremor rod. If thats the case, 4 mines GC was considered op and bla bla and op and whatever. Now up to 23 chain of exploding doom?

Looking over vid skitteers just roam and do mines XD, free detonate mines, i like that thx, my finger wont hurt again.

I would need to test it as we all want, but overall changes re looking hilarious to me. Mines reserve mana and mana gain was nerfed so what, how mom/essence worm ever present combo was affected, oh yeah i wont be able to use clear mind - big deal ... .
I dont know what youre all crying about, every league some things get nice additions and others need to wait, this league is necro, poison, mine focus and im very fine with that.
I also think that these mine changes are the right solution to get mines more fluid in playstyle compared to other builds and also to get more people into mine builds. GREAT JOB GGG

/edit: Just wondering 1 thing:
"Mine skills now also reward you for detonating long sequences."
Where is the sequence mechanic for stormblast? cant find any info on gem or in patchnotes
Last edited by Valkahar on Sep 5, 2019, 12:51:18 PM
nice but why was needed nerf spectres so hard?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info