Master Changes in Path of Exile: Blight

DANK!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
I, represent nobody, here to announce that GGG IS THE ONLY FXXKING TRUTH IN THE UNIVERSE!

This is all I waiting for. Support package, here you go!

But I think one more thing about master you should really adjust. Unveil the Syndicate craft mode is way too hard, some of the mode is almost impossible for us to unveil in a single leg
"
leniusxue wrote:
But I think one more thing about master you should really adjust. Unveil the Syndicate craft mode is way too hard, some of the mode is almost impossible for us to unveil in a single leg

It is, I still consider having to relearn syndicate crafting recipes each new league one of the most bone-headed and asinine design choices they put out.
This is a nice change because it makes sulphite worthless in league past the first 2 weeks (which is a good thing!)

Delve rotas and straight up buying missions from people will be easy and smooth. Scarabs will still hold some value in standard where there are few players willing to do rotas or sell missions.

Regular maps are going to be insanely cheap in Blight (also a good thing) because of this change, assuming they don't nerf delve map drops too hard. As a whole this change maximizes fun, which is the point for 99% of players.

Potential bad: If you're in standard it appears that there's absolutely nothing stopping you from making 100 accounts, doing campaign and then 1 red map, and letting the missions accumulate as high as they can go (which is at least 14), and then selling them or selling the drops, devaluing them. You could do this in league too, but standard is forever so if you do it there you'll have the accounts forever.

I suspect they are going to make you log in daily to get the "tick" on the counter, which is going to piss some people off who think they're going to only log in on weekends and see a 7 for every master.
So fewer Masters missions... I don't get it.
Fairgraves 1:21 Naked came I out of the sea, and naked shall I return thither; GGG hath given, and GGG hath taken away
Last edited by Thajarin on Aug 25, 2019, 11:47:37 PM
Opening a map with a symbol over it guarantees you'll encounter the associated Master

except for Jun...

I am on a streak with her though, she's showed up the last 3 days in a row for me! but then she'll disappear for a week or two. Even if you run that map 5 times.
This is definitely a step in the right direction. I wish you'd just get rid of the random chance masters in maps and move them all to mission accumulation, though. Let players be in full control of what league content they want to run.

Also, any word on changes to (preferably complete removal of) the awful Unveiling mechanic?
Last edited by carkasjak on Aug 26, 2019, 12:11:27 AM
A bit of a surprising choice, the past few leagues it felt like you were really building out all the atlas mechanics to emphasize doing the full atlas and maximizing the variety of player experiences. This is a big step in the other direction. I wonder why the change in philosophy...
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Awesome
"
mucker wrote:
A bit of a surprising choice, the past few leagues it felt like you were really building out all the atlas mechanics to emphasize doing the full atlas and maximizing the variety of player experiences. This is a big step in the other direction. I wonder why the change in philosophy...

Because the people complained about being overwhelmed with too much stuff to do. A lot. Many felt like they were losing out because, say, they didn't want to do incursion missions on that one day, and now those missions will just stack up so you could use them when you feel like it.
It does lessen the impact of the full-cleared Atlas a touch though, we'll see how they mitigate it in the future.

"
Ury401 wrote:

Please don't force people to do white maps because we have accumulated missions, in order to get the missions in yellow or red maps. I'm not sure how it's going to look but this accumulative thing can be a pain if it starts stacking too early, i leave it for later and then after i moved on in map tiers, i have to go back because of these missions.

They don't really have another choice though, if they made "upgrading" possible, people would run white maps while accumulating missions, then run those missions on t16s, and whine on reddit about how much more rewarding the low-level content is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info