[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

"
zzled wrote:
"
LoneWolf999 wrote:
Hello,

I wanted to know if this build is viable for Harvest league? any changes to be done etc.

Also i notice there are no movement skills. Are movement skills not necessary?

3.11 patch notes not out yet, but hopefully no major changes.

I started a SSF Necro using this build about a week ago... very smooth playthru from Act 1-10 as long as keep your gems optimal (i.e. upgrade to 4L when they start dropping) and resistances capped. Just killed A10 Kitava yesterday and got up to T3 maps. Still going strong and I don't even have any of the build uniques. Figure this is gonna be my league starter for 3.11.

For mobility, there's a Leap Slam in one of the 6L.

Hi thanks for the reply, could you clarify some of the doubts i have?

* is it possible to replace raise specters wit raise skeletons in the helm slot?

* how do you bind a certain specter to desecrate skill gem? kill the enemy while wearing a desecrate gem, and it gets bound to the gem and can summon the corpse wherever we want?

* if the animate guardian equipped with one of our gear dies, will the equipped gear fall to the ground, which can be collected or is it lost to us permanently?

*Which elegant hubris is used in this build? i see there are 3 variants.

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by LoneWolf999 on Jun 10, 2020, 1:34:20 PM
"
LoneWolf999 wrote:

* is it possible to replace raise specters wit raise skeletons in the helm slot?

* how do you bind a certain specter to desecrate skill gem? kill the enemy while wearing a desecrate gem, and it gets bound to the gem and can summon the corpse wherever we want?

* if the animate guardian equipped with one of our gear dies, will the equipped gear fall to the ground, which can be collected or is it lost to us permanently?

Thanks a lot!

* Of course you can, but you'll loose at LOT of damage. You should instead drop another 4L to fit Skeletons in. Or put them in the body armour as a 6L. So I don't really recommand doing so

* You have to Summon a Spectre X once, then that Spectre X is added to your Desecrate corpse pool. So you can re-summon Spectre X with your Desecrate skill later. But, usually to have the Spectre X in the corpse pool, you need to have summoned that Spectre X recently.

* No, the Animate Guardian is like a Hardcore player, if he die, then everything is gone. That's why the AG is in the helm with +2 Minion Gems and Minion Life Gem linked to it, it's get him a LOT of survivability, and prevent him to die too easily. Loosing couple exalts worth of gear on the AG is kinda annoying :p

* I don't really understand your question. There is only one Elegant Hubris Jewel. You can get different mods from it on your skill tree and usually players go for those :

- Minions deal 80% increased Damage
- Minion have 80% increased Life
- +37% increased Chaos Resistance
- +10% increased Maximum Life
- +50% increased Elemantal Resistance

See : http://www.vhpg.com/elegant-hubris/ for the complete mods list.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Jun 10, 2020, 2:57:12 PM
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
"
LoneWolf999 wrote:

* Of course you can, but you'll loose at LOT of damage. You should instead drop another 4L to fit Skeletons in. Or put them in the body armour as a 6L. So I don't really recommand doing so

Just wanted to to explain bigtoaster64's response on this point.

The main function of Raise Spectre in this build is not for spectre DPS. Instead, if you are using the Carnage Chieftains & Host Chieftan spectres as per the guide in the OP, they grant Frenzy & Power Charges to all your zombies. You basically want to make the most overpowered zombies possible.

I think I saw a previous post estimating that Carnage Chieftains add another 30-40% to your zombie DPS, and the Host Chieftan adds about 10% more.
Last edited by zzled on Jun 10, 2020, 8:24:39 PM
"
ZeroAT wrote:
Can I get some help with my character? My Hp is currently at 4489 and my ES is at 538. with some bosses I get insta killed, how can I improve? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ZeroAT/characters

Hard to say without additional details... any idea which bosses and what mods they might have?

Offhand from your profile, some possible issues may be:
- Low Chaos Resistance (-50% could be leading to some insta-kills)
- Low Armour (4088 Armour is only 25% damage mitigation)

If nothing else, it may be worth boosting those two for better survivability.
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
"
LoneWolf999 wrote:

Thanks a lot!

* You have to Summon a Spectre X once, then that Spectre X is added to your Desecrate corpse pool. So you can re-summon Spectre X with your Desecrate skill later. But, usually to have the Spectre X in the corpse pool, you need to have summoned that Spectre X recently.

* No, the Animate Guardian is like a Hardcore player, if he die, then everything is gone. That's why the AG is in the helm with +2 Minion Gems and Minion Life Gem linked to it, it's get him a LOT of survivability, and prevent him to die too easily. Loosing couple exalts worth of gear on the AG is kinda annoying :p

* I don't really understand your question. There is only one Elegant Hubris Jewel. You can get different mods from it on your skill tree and usually players go for those :

- Minions deal 80% increased Damage
- Minion have 80% increased Life
- +37% increased Chaos Resistance
- +10% increased Maximum Life
- +50% increased Elemantal Resistance

See : http://www.vhpg.com/elegant-hubris/ for the complete mods list.

I see, so i guess its better to power up one minion (zombies) instead of having 2. ill stick with zombies and support specters.

Also sorry about the confusing last point, what i meant to say was Elegant hubris had 3 variants like Cadiro,Chitus and Victario. But when i read your answer im guessing we are using the jewel for the additional mods they provide instead of the keystone changes.

Thanks a lot for the clarifications!
"
zzled wrote:
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
"
LoneWolf999 wrote:

Just wanted to to explain bigtoaster64's response on this point.

The main function of Raise Spectre in this build is not for spectre DPS. Instead, if you are using the Carnage Chieftains & Host Chieftan spectres as per the guide in the OP, they grant Frenzy & Power Charges to all your zombies. You basically want to make the most overpowered zombies possible.

I think I saw a previous post estimating that Carnage Chieftains add another 30-40% to your zombie DPS, and the Host Chieftan adds about 10% more.

Ya so zombies is gonna be the main source of damage, and bringing in skeletons would make both of them less effective, so ill stick with zombies for dps. Thanks a lot!
How tanky is the build? Is there a version with shield, life on block and Glancing Blows that become even more affordable? How big drop in DPS would it be if auras are used in 4-link?

what is the point of Animate Guardian? Any chance to roll without it?

Does it make sense to get STR chest mayeb with some other influence for more tankiness or Saqwal with Avian aura is BiS because of DPS?
"
Megatherion wrote:
How tanky is the build? Is there a version with shield, life on block and Glancing Blows that become even more affordable? How big drop in DPS would it be if auras are used in 4-link?

what is the point of Animate Guardian? Any chance to roll without it?

Does it make sense to get STR chest mayeb with some other influence for more tankiness or Saqwal with Avian aura is BiS because of DPS?

You won't be able to run all the auras with a 4L and/or STR chest. Saqawal's Nest + Enlighten in the 6L gives you reduced mana reserved to run Pride (50%), Purity of Elements (35%), Flesh & Stone (25%) and Dread Banner (10%). Dropping any of these will either affect DPS or survivability.

AG provides additional buffs on your zombies. It's not required, but will speed up your clears.
I would greatly appreciate an answer to something that has been an issue for all my builds, this one especially and the guard skill VMS in general.

I understand the power of VMS for our build, +1000 armor and temporary addition of 2500-3000 hp (on a 5Kish hp necro).

But, it is ONLY temporary, from base 9 sec to as much as 18 sec with duration adds. And, most importantly for me, it is self-cast only. (Yes, if rich, you could add Soul Ripper flask for even longer duration). But still self-cast only.

It is generally only needed for bossing as this build clears with the best of them, without worrying about dying.

However, if I forget, which I do, to press the VMS when it pops, I will often die. It just seems that, with managing everything else, self-casting a guard skill, even with the power of VMS, doesn't help me that much over cwdt/ss or ic.

And, it is frustrating when I do forget. What do you guysd think? Is my thinking wrong or am I just an inept puck?

It's all about developing habits with your fingers. You need to work on your flask and defensive skill buttons so that you are pushing them proactively (not reactively) without thinking about it.

This is obviously easier said than done, especially if you play a few builds in a league. But it really does work if you invest some time.

If you just can't get there, then yes, trigger skills are probably a better bet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info