Announcing Path of Exile: Blight

tough crowd here. I'm pretty excited about it. I think it can definitely be fun. Having new hotkey slots will be great. To be able to queue the master missions, great. getting extra notables, great. I like the changes to the mines, the poison, and the summoning. Tower defense sure I'll give it a shot.

HOPEFULLY we will have a new unique stashtab that can hold resonators, fossils, and these new oils. Or re-work an existing one. (and please please please improved tab navigation)

This is all very exciting!
Hope Zana's map prices drop ! I dont think they should be priced so high or even have a price and can buy them many times cheaper in trade also whats the use of even running her missions as the rewards cost so much! Good thing Neko doesnt charge us for sulfite or betrayal safehouse rewards dont cost currency !!!
Looks good, will have to see how it feels once we play. I hope it's engaging and worth the effort and doesn't end up being skipped constantly like I did in synthesis.
Looks very good & interesting, can't wait!
You know, I think it will be better than it sounds.
Mostly, because it sounds SO very bad, it is simply impossible...

Now, what is the opposite of Hype?
Un-hype?
De-hype?
Hype (not)?
This is very, very likely to be a hard pass for me. I'm not a fan of tower defense in the first place, but to place it and the type of gameplay usually seen in a MOBA into an ARPG is...yeah, that's a Yikes.

No amount of items could get me to even remotely like tower defense gameplay. Guess I'll just progress my Legion characters in normal SSF after Legion ends. This is one idea that should have gone straight to the round file.

Sigh...
I'll give Blight a try.

Key issues for me for Blight might be ...

1. how much micromanagement of the towers is needed (less would be good, let us set a few "hotkeyed" default setups for them)
2. whether tower UIs cause characters to die because they get in the way during battles. (this has been a repeated issue with NPCs with whom characters can interact being placed outside of safe zones).
Last edited by EnjoyTheMoment on Aug 21, 2019, 12:33:47 AM
"
SquishyTia wrote:
This is very, very likely to be a hard pass for me. I'm not a fan of tower defense in the first place, but to place it and the type of gameplay usually seen in a MOBA into an ARPG is...yeah, that's a Yikes.

No amount of items could get me to even remotely like tower defense gameplay. Guess I'll just progress my Legion characters in normal SSF after Legion ends. This is one idea that should have gone straight to the round file.

Sigh...

I know right? It's like if they made it so a node shows up in your map that when you get near it monsters spawn out from it ...but the only way to close it is to play candy crush for 2 minutes ...then a loot box spawns.

Like...no. I want to play an arpg ...I'm PLAYING an arpg! Stop throwing other genres that don't even mesh well in games specifically designed to do such a thing into this game.
Player agency? They are giving us a bit of player agency with the master missions?

WHAT??!

Haven't seen that since legacy. (Legacy only league i got to 36 in btw.)

Anyway; league could be fun, but tower defence AND killing at the same time didn't really work for dungeon defenders either. Standing still to make tactical decisions while in combat tends to get you killed. That's why we have generals and foot soldiers and they aren't the same person.

Anyway 2: new gems = good, random enchants = good for rich people, new uniques = good, poison & mines = maybe good/fun now?, raider = waiting for another time as is betrayal intervention fixes.
Well, i didn't like Legion (breach-like copy...) but this next league will be a feast for me, tower defence, strategy, love it already !

very very hype :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info