[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Raise Spiders and Holy Relic Occultist - Very tanky, solid DPS, good clear

Hello and welcome to my guide. I tried Arakaali Fang few times before, but I believe this is best version I could came up with so I decided to share it with other people.

The basic idea of the build is to use Arakaali Fang to summon 20 spiders that will clear and kill everything for us and Holy Relic on top of that to kill everything that is around us and add some extra DPS.

With so much attack speed from Arakaali Fang and Spiritual Command I also decided to abuse life/mana gained on hit for some very nice survivability bonus. So I use Life gained on hit support with Cyclone, Poacher's Mark curse and some extra life
gained on hit from mod on either Hunter or Elder rings. With these I can maintain both my HP and my mana.

For damage mitigation I scale fortify effect up to 27% less damage taken, and then I use some extra reduced damage taken on top of that (from Malediction, Silent Steps etc). Another layer is big chunk of phys and elemental
mitigation thanks to stuff like Soul of Steel, Molten Shell and armour scaling. And final layer of defense is Mind over Matter as we reserve only 1 aura and we have really good mana recovery for 30% damagate taken from mana before life.

For damage scaling we convert all our minion damage to chaos with Triad Grip and then scale it with Occultist chaos scaling and Wither.

For clear we simply Cyclone around, curse stuff with Blasphemy aura and explode everything with Profane Bloom.

Changelog

Spoiler

29th December 2019
- Replaced Herald of Agony with Holy relic
- Grabbed Mind over Matter on tree
- Dropped some life nodes for mana sustain nodes
- Replaced Poison with Withering Touch in gloves

27th December 2019
- Completely reworked the guide and switched to Occultist
- Replaced Convocation with Faster Attacks for Whirling Blades
- Replaced Basalt Flask with Silver flask

3rd August 2019
- Removed Clarity watcher's eye and replaced it with minion jewel
- Moved Precision to boots and War Banner to ring

29th July 2019
- Created the guide

Pro's & Con's

+ Pretty good single target for minion build, can reach around 6.5M sustained Shaper DPS
+ Very good clear speed thanks to 20 very aggressive minions, Profane Bloom explosions and Holy Relic novas
+ 8.5K life
+ Very active playstyle (as we need to attack enemies to buff and resummon our spiders and also to get fortify and life back, what makes for pretty fun and engaging summoner gameplay)
+ High amount of damage reduction (scaled fortify for 27% less damage taken, Malediction for 10% reduced damage taken, Silent Steps for another 5% reduced damage taken, Mind over Matter for another 30% reduced damage taken)
+ 28% physical damage mitigation without armour (a lot more with armour)
+ 77/76/76 maximum elemental resistances
+ 25k+ armour when flasked
+ Reasonably fast movement with Whirling Blades
+ Low investment required to start this build, and no 6 links required (can be played as pure HoAG before getting fang and Triad Grip)
+ Do not requires Spectres or Necromantic Aegis for giving Frenzy charges to minions (we generate them simply by hitting stuff with cyclone)
+ Can do all map mods
+ Can do all content

- The final version is pretty expensive (elder +3/minion damage helmet, 4 white Triad Grip)
- Requires a lot of uniques for final version so not SSF friendly
- Needs a bit of experience for summoning spiders properly without failing
- Raised Spiders are very aggressive so sometimes it is hard to make them focus specific enemies (for example reward rares and generals in legion)

Path of Building

Path of Building is tool for PoE to plan gear, skill tree and calculate effective damage. It also contains Bandits choice. You can download it here. I am also using LocalIdentity's modifications to Path of Building, nagivate here to learn how to add them to your PoB. After that simply import below Pastebin URL.

Pastebin

Navigating through PoB (important, read carefully)

There are trees for level 100, 90, 80 and 70.

Use dropdown in bottom left corner of Tree section in PoB to cycle between the trees.

How to configure PoB for your own character

After importing your character to PoB, follow these steps to properly configure it to show your actual stats:

1. Switch to your Raise Spiders setup (still in Main Skill section)
2. Enable all flasks in items section and switch to configuration section
2. Set Enemy Level to 75 (this sets Raised Spiders level to 75 as well what is their actual level)
3. Set Is enemy boss? to Shaper/Guardians
4. Check Do your minions use Frenzy Charges?
5. Check Do you have Fortify?
6. Check Is Feeding Frenzy active?
7. Check Is the enemy Blinded?
8. Set # of Withered stacks to 15
9. Set # of Spiders to 20

Pantheon

For major god Soul of Solaris is great for some extra damage reduction.

For minor god Soul of Gruthkul is great for some extra survivability and enemy action speed reduction, what is very valuable. Soul of Shakari is also pretty good defensive option as DoT and chaos damage can be pretty annoying for this build.

Ascendancy

Get Profane Bloom first. Then get Malediction and Void Beacon for some extra damage and survivability and finally get Withering Presence from Uber Lab.

Media
Mapping
Abyssal Depths Lvl 83
Crimson Temple Lvl 87
Dunes Lvl 87
Atoll Lvl 92

Bossing
Minotaur Metamorph Lvl 81
Ahuatotli Depth 123 Lvl 90

Delve
Delve Depth 53 Lvl 89
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jan 1, 2020, 7:30:12 PM
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2020, 8:41:37 PM
Ooops, posted wrong Pastebin, updated.

And also added explanation for Multistrike damage calculations in PoB.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
Added new video with my current more optimized char (previous vids were all without Aul's and mostly when I was just experimenting with different setups for the build, like Static Strike in that Atziri vid).

Shaper Lvl 93 (Melee Splash in main link)

This one is also using just Melee Splash in main link instead of Multistrike (not on purpose, I just forgot to swap it and noticed when it was too late -_-) but as the video shows, it doesnt matter, and those spiders are basically on 2 link, destroying Shaper.
My builds:
My site:
Hey! ;) so since I'm done with my SA build, I was looking for something reliable with little success since as you I hate dying and loosing exp, etc, I have a budget of 27ex tough getting an Aul seems impossible for me lol, can this build kill Uber elder without Aul?

btw love the guide design I wonder why is not featured in poe builds, looks very nice!
"
NaraKuroha wrote:
Hey! ;) so since I'm done with my SA build, I was looking for something reliable with little success since as you I hate dying and loosing exp, etc, I have a budget of 27ex tough getting an Aul seems impossible for me lol, can this build kill Uber elder without Aul?

btw love the guide design I wonder why is not featured in poe builds, looks very nice!

Hi! Hmm, well, Hatred Aul's is only like 15ex so its definitely doable on that budget (because that is like the only really expensive item in this build unless you are min-maxing rares). Even my current char has around 25-30ex invested total, I think (and that is mostly because I was just getting dumb stuff like those double corrupted null & voids).

But even without it, I did few U Elders, I just do not like recording them that much because of FPS issues there. Aul's just makes U Elder a bit smoother, but its totally and easily doable even without it. I was also originally not running Flesh & Stone at all before getting Aul's, but after I incorporated it into no-aul version it should be even better (because it helps so much, mainly the sand stance).

For poebuilds, I think they refresh their index from time to time, but its not instant, or maybe it is not pickup up build type from title, but I think eventually it should appear there as well.
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jul 31, 2019, 3:17:36 PM
That's awesome I'll be doing this build as soon I can put this hands on my PC, other than that I did check for Auls but theres only one for 30ex lol, so I guess I have to wait till hot time or something! glad to try again one of your builds <3

Edit: my bad not sure where I read wrong and was looking for a Wrath Aul, lol! ur right Hatred they are only 15ex! ty
Last edited by NaraKuroha on Jul 31, 2019, 3:28:34 PM

Im still leveling so far nice :D! what do you think of this boots? a friend of mine offered me those for a decent price, but Im not sure as I would lose the Increased duration support. thanks for ur advice :)
"
NaraKuroha wrote:

Im still leveling so far nice :D! what do you think of this boots? a friend of mine offered me those for a decent price, but Im not sure as I would lose the Increased duration support. thanks for ur advice :)

Hmm, that is a lot of resistances and freeze immunity. But not sure, losing Inc Duration on offering and immortal call is kind of harsh drawback imo.
My builds:
My site:
Thanks for replying! ty! I had the very same doubt so I'll go for the increased duration boots, so far those spiders are insane, deleting everything in their path, getting used to summon them in crucial moments when they despawn is tricky but with practice I'll get used to it! <3
Hi, a couple of questions :D

Why clarity on watcher's eye?; on the main weapon setup for single target it's damage on full life+multistrike? or damage on full life+melee physical damage?.

thanks! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info