[3.7] Rampage Spiders - Rampage Raise Spiders Necromancer - Very tanky with awesome DPS and clear

Hello, and welcome to another build guide from me. So this league I decided I want to min-max some summoner build, while being reasonably tanky (or unreasonably as I am mostly playing SC, but I still do not like losing XP). I will start right away with saying that minions do not play very well with 3.7 content, and it requires pretty significant investment to make clearing monoliths feel good, but it is doable (and that is also for what I aimed with this build too). So why I decided to go with minions even if its not that good for 3.7? Well, summoners also got pretty huge buffs, thanks to new and updated auras, like Flesh & Stone and Precision (and Pride if you can fit it in).

So, why Arakaali Fang (Raise Spiders) over other minions? Well the biggest reason is that all Arakaali Fang requires as investment is the weapon, 3 links in it and Writhing Jar. Outside of that, there is a lot of freedom on how to build it. It also has pretty absurd damage and for minion build, also pretty damn good clear speed (requires gem swap to Melee Splash).

But that was still not enough as as you can see, this build is titled Rampage Spiders, I decided to add Rampage to the mix to improve clear speed even further. And it was super solid again (because minion kills give you rampage as well).

And now, how am I scaling damage? Well, it is pretty simple, a lot of auras and effects that give phys as extra X (Spirit Offering, Hatred), frenzy charges (Victario's Charity), and few abyss jewels (around 4 or 5, but that is mostly just for flat life and minion speed). I am intentionally avoiding focusing on poison DPS and instead I try to scale both hit and poison, because with hit damage our clear speed is a lot better, and poison damage on the other hand gives us better single target, so imo best is to find good balance between those 2.

For survivability, this build is relying on huge effective health pool thanks to Kaom's Heart, Corrupted Soul and Spirit Offering, netting around 10k EHP, and for sustaining it, Blood of the Karui, Devouring Diadem, life regen and Spirit Offering.

Hopefully everything above answered you why I chose Arakaali Fang and how is this build different from other Arakaali Fang builds, but if you have any questions or want to compare it with other build/character, feel free to ask in comments.

Oh also, here is my current legion character using this build.. It is pretty min-maxed atm, with small room for improvements (like jewels, and 21/23 gems).

Changelog

Spoiler

3rd August 2019
- Removed Clarity watcher's eye and replaced it with minion jewel
- Moved Precision to boots and War Banner to ring

29th July 2019
- Created the guide

Pro's & Con's

+ Awesome single target for minion build, can reach 6-7M sustained Shaper DPS (7.5M burst with Vaal Haste)
+ Very good clear speed thanks to 20 very aggressive minions and Rampage
+ 10K+ EHP (8K life with 3.8K ES and 40% EB/MoM)
+ Very active playstyle (as we need to attack and cull enemies to buff and resummon our spiders what makes for pretty fun and engaging summoner gameplay)
+ Fortify (20% reduced damage taken)
+ 3 seconds long Immortal Call (26% reduced damage taken)
+ 11% less damage taken from enemies that are not nearby, and all nearby enemies are blinded (thanks to Flesh & Stone)
+ Enemies are Hindered and Maimed (thanks to Maim support, Flesh & Stone and Aspect of the Spider)
+ Because of low investment Arakaali Fang and high EHP and mitigation, this build is more than fine for HC characters
+ 5 APS Shield Charge for fast movement thanks to Arakaali Fang attack speed bonus from summoned spiders
+ Raised Spiders lasts around 1m and 40s thanks to all increased duration we take, and Writhing Jar is not required to resummon while mapping thanks to Culling on Shield Charge
+ Very low investment to start this build, and no 6 links required
+ Flexible (can be pushed for even more DPS with items like Grip of the Council, Fenumus' Shroud or Victario's Influence, or for even more survivability with more life from tree, defensive gloves and shield, max block with Bone Offering and The Surrender is also an option)
+ Do not requires Spectres or Necromantic Aegis for giving Frenzy charges to minions (we generate them simply by hitting stuff with our fast Shield Charge)
+ Can be played as most other phys minion builds with small changes (Dancing Dervish, SRS, Skeletons, Herald of Agony, Soulwrest)
+ Can do all map mods
+ Can do all content

- Needs a lot of dexterity from gear
- Very socket starved if playing with Kaom's Heart (requires unset rings and support mods on boots)
- Pretty expensive to min max (Hatred Aul's)
- Requires a lot of uniques so not SSF friendly
- Arakaali Fang can be pretty expensive at start of the league, so not league start friendly as well
- Before getting Arakaali Fang it needs to level with different minion skill (what is probably common case for minions, but I want to mention it anyway)
- Needs a bit of experience for summoning spiders properly without failing (and failing in some scenarios means death)
- Raised Spiders are very aggressive so sometimes it is hard to make them focus specific enemies (for example reward rares and generals in legion)

Path of Building

Path of Building is tool for PoE to plan gear, skill tree and calculate effective damage. It also contains Bandits choice. You can download it here. Then simply import below Pastebin URL.

Pastebin

Navigating through PoB (important, read carefully)

Currently, the weapon contains workaround for PoB not supporting the damage part of Multistrike, so I just added 50% more damage by myself. This is just for accuracte damage calcuations.

There is also Corrupted Soul + Spirit Offering workaround jewel socketed next to Resolute Technique. The jewel is just Glorious Vanity
jewel with modifier Bathed in the blood of (100–8000) sacrificed in the name of Doryani and it will corrupt Resolute Technique to Corrupted Soul. The numbers are not important, just make sure it says Doryani on it.

There are 2 ring skill gem sets:
- Default: This setup is utilizing War Banner for some extra minion damage and war banner active
- No Aul's: This setup is using Frost Bomb instead of War Banner as there is not enough unreserved mana for War Banner without Aul's Uprising. Without Aul's Uprising we are also not using Aspect of the Spider in this setup.

Pantheon

For major god Soul of Lunaris is great to avoid chaining projectiles from our minions that would otherwise kill us. For single target, you can switch to Soul of Solaris pantheon.

For minor god Soul of Gruthkul is great for some extra survivability and enemy action speed reduction, what is very valuable. Soul of Shakari is also pretty good defensive option as DoT and chaos damage can be pretty annoying for this build.

Ascendancy

Get Puppet Master first. Then get Mistress of Sacrifice and Commander of Darkness for some damage and survivability (and also to simplify gearing because we get some extra elemental resistances) and finally get Invoker from Uber Lab.

Leveling and gearing

TODO: Will add SRS leveling guide until Arakaali Fang soon.

Media

Ul-Netol Lvl 91
Maelstorm of Chaos Lvl 90
Shaper Lvl 90 (No Aul's)
Shaper Lvl 93 (Melee Splash in main link)
Atziri Lvl 76
Courthouse Lvl 93
Defiled Cathedral Lvl 93
My builds:
[3.8] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, easy and fun to play, beginner friendly
[3.8] Raise Zombie and Carrion Golem Baron Necromancer - Very tanky, fast clear, great single target
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Aug 16, 2019, 3:05:57 AM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2019, 2:14:08 PM
Ooops, posted wrong Pastebin, updated.

And also added explanation for Multistrike damage calculations in PoB.
My builds:
[3.8] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, easy and fun to play, beginner friendly
[3.8] Raise Zombie and Carrion Golem Baron Necromancer - Very tanky, fast clear, great single target
Added new video with my current more optimized char (previous vids were all without Aul's and mostly when I was just experimenting with different setups for the build, like Static Strike in that Atziri vid).

Shaper Lvl 93 (Melee Splash in main link)

This one is also using just Melee Splash in main link instead of Multistrike (not on purpose, I just forgot to swap it and noticed when it was too late -_-) but as the video shows, it doesnt matter, and those spiders are basically on 2 link, destroying Shaper.
My builds:
Hey! ;) so since I'm done with my SA build, I was looking for something reliable with little success since as you I hate dying and loosing exp, etc, I have a budget of 27ex tough getting an Aul seems impossible for me lol, can this build kill Uber elder without Aul?

btw love the guide design I wonder why is not featured in poe builds, looks very nice!
"
NaraKuroha wrote:
Hey! ;) so since I'm done with my SA build, I was looking for something reliable with little success since as you I hate dying and loosing exp, etc, I have a budget of 27ex tough getting an Aul seems impossible for me lol, can this build kill Uber elder without Aul?

btw love the guide design I wonder why is not featured in poe builds, looks very nice!

Hi! Hmm, well, Hatred Aul's is only like 15ex so its definitely doable on that budget (because that is like the only really expensive item in this build unless you are min-maxing rares). Even my current char has around 25-30ex invested total, I think (and that is mostly because I was just getting dumb stuff like those double corrupted null & voids).

But even without it, I did few U Elders, I just do not like recording them that much because of FPS issues there. Aul's just makes U Elder a bit smoother, but its totally and easily doable even without it. I was also originally not running Flesh & Stone at all before getting Aul's, but after I incorporated it into no-aul version it should be even better (because it helps so much, mainly the sand stance).

For poebuilds, I think they refresh their index from time to time, but its not instant, or maybe it is not pickup up build type from title, but I think eventually it should appear there as well.
My builds:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jul 31, 2019, 3:17:36 PM
That's awesome I'll be doing this build as soon I can put this hands on my PC, other than that I did check for Auls but theres only one for 30ex lol, so I guess I have to wait till hot time or something! glad to try again one of your builds <3

Edit: my bad not sure where I read wrong and was looking for a Wrath Aul, lol! ur right Hatred they are only 15ex! ty
Last edited by NaraKuroha on Jul 31, 2019, 3:28:34 PM

Im still leveling so far nice :D! what do you think of this boots? a friend of mine offered me those for a decent price, but Im not sure as I would lose the Increased duration support. thanks for ur advice :)
"
NaraKuroha wrote:

Im still leveling so far nice :D! what do you think of this boots? a friend of mine offered me those for a decent price, but Im not sure as I would lose the Increased duration support. thanks for ur advice :)

Hmm, that is a lot of resistances and freeze immunity. But not sure, losing Inc Duration on offering and immortal call is kind of harsh drawback imo.
My builds:
Thanks for replying! ty! I had the very same doubt so I'll go for the increased duration boots, so far those spiders are insane, deleting everything in their path, getting used to summon them in crucial moments when they despawn is tricky but with practice I'll get used to it! <3
Hi, a couple of questions :D

Why clarity on watcher's eye?; on the main weapon setup for single target it's damage on full life+multistrike? or damage on full life+melee physical damage?.

thanks! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info