Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

"
Vantezzle wrote:
Will do! I've used your RF build before, and now I'm using the zombies, both were amazing! I think in 3.9 I'll try the Scion bow build or the new Cyclone build, if they'll still work. Zombies work extremely well with Blight too, so far I barely ever had to build towers.
Awesome! That's very kind of you! I'm glad you liked them so much! I still have yet to decide what I'm going to play for 3.9. I'm really excited about the new Atlas and Endgame.

Thanks again for being so kind.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
First of all ty for all your guide, I really like your style of stress-free builds and your guides are excellent as well.

In past tried this game before but quit after act3 due to complexity and my blunders in passive trees and died couple of times. but first time this league I reached lvl 81 and did some early maps with your zombie build (started late)

Want to start early next league and interested in trying either your block duelist or dodge ranger.

Which one would you say is more forgiving? i.e. would let me survive many of my misplays and blunders and still be able to play most of end game modes?

on paper to my noob eye block dualist looks very tanky but I am concerned about vaal pact (I like my passive regen) is it possible to not take vaal pact and still be as effective? or is vaal pact essential?

Thank you and have a nice day.
"
nickaustin wrote:
First of all ty for all your guide, I really like your style of stress-free builds and your guides are excellent as well.

In past tried this game before but quit after act3 due to complexity and my blunders in passive trees and died couple of times. but first time this league I reached lvl 81 and did some early maps with your zombie build (started late)

Want to start early next league and interested in trying either your block duelist or dodge ranger.

Which one would you say is more forgiving? i.e. would let me survive many of my misplays and blunders and still be able to play most of end game modes?

on paper to my noob eye block dualist looks very tanky but I am concerned about vaal pact (I like my passive regen) is it possible to not take vaal pact and still be as effective? or is vaal pact essential?

Thanks nickaustin!

I really appreciate your kind words! Thank you! I'm glad my guides suite your style.

Congratulations on reaching maps and getting to 81! Awesome!

Both the Blocking and Dodging builds are really good defensively. The nice thing about blocking is that it deals damage when you get hit/block. I stand still more often with that build though, and Bladestorm is a visually busy skill. So when I die with that build, it's because I didn't realize I was on a DoT on the ground. The Dodging build doesn't deal damage when you dodge, but because you're phasing and using Cyclone, you're always moving and it's really hard to die. Both are very forgiving defensively. I'd say they are equal in their forgiveness for misplays and zone outs. The one thing the Block build has over many of my other guides is that it starts setting up really early while levelling.

In terms of Vaal Pact, you're welcome to get rid of it. Just remember that your leech will be around 850 life/sec without it and you'll get around 200 life regen/sec. You'll get around 1700 leech/sec with Vaal Pact but no regen mid-combat. Because I was expecting to have Vaal Pact in the build, I ignored all life regen options (though we have some inadvertently). So ya, you can get rid of it for sure. But there isn't much space left to maximize life regen much further.

Does that help?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi.
Just wondering on how well your builds do in delve? Particualrly the holyRF build.
Did zombie madness in 3.8 but looking to do more relaxed gaming in 3.9 as it was a lot to do in the build i did.
Tried one of your builds in synthesis and liked it, but did not like the league so got nowhere in delve.
Would love to get to 600+ in delve without having to mash buttons and flasks :)
"
"
nickaustin wrote:

Thanks nickaustin!

I really appreciate your kind words! Thank you! I'm glad my guides suite your style.

Congratulations on reaching maps and getting to 81! Awesome!

Both the Blocking and Dodging builds are really good defensively. The nice thing about blocking is that it deals damage when you get hit/block. I stand still more often with that build though, and Bladestorm is a visually busy skill. So when I die with that build, it's because I didn't realize I was on a DoT on the ground. The Dodging build doesn't deal damage when you dodge, but because you're phasing and using Cyclone, you're always moving and it's really hard to die. Both are very forgiving defensively. I'd say they are equal in their forgiveness for misplays and zone outs. The one thing the Block build has over many of my other guides is that it starts setting up really early while levelling.

In terms of Vaal Pact, you're welcome to get rid of it. Just remember that your leech will be around 850 life/sec without it and you'll get around 200 life regen/sec. You'll get around 1700 leech/sec with Vaal Pact but no regen mid-combat. Because I was expecting to have Vaal Pact in the build, I ignored all life regen options (though we have some inadvertently). So ya, you can get rid of it for sure. But there isn't much space left to maximize life regen much further.

Does that help?

TYVM for taking time for reply.

couple more question if you don't mind.

1. How do you do lab trial without regen? I guess vall pact would be great if there are enemies around to fight.

(I always run into traps and died couple of times trying to unlock ascendancy points even on character with some regen and 4 life flask with bleeding and ignite removal. Considering how bad I am doing traps and puzzles I have yet to complete last (uber?) lab point)

2. When I asked for tips in global chat most of them suggested I roll a Juggernaut. (Most build guides on forum for juggernauts are very advanced and/or expensive which I wont be able to attain given my limited play time and inexperience)

two main reasons I like your builds is because of through explanations and your gearing section being anything you want/have and still being effective.

can you suggest some beefy boi build who can facetank most content and run through traps etc. and wont die?

Thank you and have a wonderful day :)

"
LeeTeex wrote:
Hi.
Just wondering on how well your builds do in delve? Particualrly the holyRF build.
Did zombie madness in 3.8 but looking to do more relaxed gaming in 3.9 as it was a lot to do in the build i did.
Tried one of your builds in synthesis and liked it, but did not like the league so got nowhere in delve.
Would love to get to 600+ in delve without having to mash buttons and flasks :)
Hey LeeTeex,

As of 3.8, these builds do really well in Delve. I'm a Defence first kind of player in all games, so their survivability is great. The RF build does really well as well. I have no issues or hesitations with the build at all in any Delve situation. I'm currently only at depth 250 I've only had a couple of hours a week to play the last few leagues.

So to answer your question, they are all a cakewalk at depth 250, but I haven't personally gotten to 600 yet.

Annnnnd

"
nickaustin wrote:
TYVM for taking time for reply.

couple more question if you don't mind.

1. How do you do lab trial without regen? I guess vall pact would be great if there are enemies around to fight.

(I always run into traps and died couple of times trying to unlock ascendancy points even on character with some regen and 4 life flask with bleeding and ignite removal. Considering how bad I am doing traps and puzzles I have yet to complete last (uber?) lab point)

2. When I asked for tips in global chat most of them suggested I roll a Juggernaut. (Most build guides on forum for juggernauts are very advanced and/or expensive which I wont be able to attain given my limited play time and inexperience)

two main reasons I like your builds is because of through explanations and your gearing section being anything you want/have and still being effective.

can you suggest some beefy boi build who can facetank most content and run through traps etc. and wont die?

Thank you and have a wonderful day :)
Hey nickaustin,

Life regen is always nice in labs but it's by no means necessary. I've done many labs without life regen and it just takes a different mentality. There are lots of enemies to kill in between large sections of traps. So when I remember that I have no regen, I just go slow. You're always welcome delay taking Vaal Pact until you're comfortable with it.

Jugg is a great ascendancy. I think all of them are. As of 3.8, my "face tank" builds are the RF build, the Blocking build, and the Dodging build. They have different mechanics for each so play the one that interests you the most.

I hope that helps!

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker,

You helped me out a bit the other day with your Slo-Mo zombie build. I'm still really enjoying it, but definitely want to try your other builds too. I think I will try your new Cyclone build next. I was wondering though, which of your builds is your favorite?

Thanks for all the time you've put into your guides!

Koeii
"
Koeii wrote:
Hey Wrecker,

You helped me out a bit the other day with your Slo-Mo zombie build. I'm still really enjoying it, but definitely want to try your other builds too. I think I will try your new Cyclone build next. I was wondering though, which of your builds is your favorite?

Thanks for all the time you've put into your guides!

Koeii
Hey Koeii!

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words! I hope you enjoy the other builds as well (don't feel like you have to though ;)).

Secretly (or maybe not), Minion builds are always favourite. No matter what game I play, I want my pets/minions/tech...anything that isn't me, to do the killing. I like buffing allies being able to do content on my own too. I honestly like all my builds equally (sometimes I'm in the mood for one over the other). I find such fun in the different PoE Mechanics that really interest me. GGG does a great job of making all the different mechanics relevant and great endgame. I really like all of them...but Minions always has a special place in my heart :).

Thanks again for taking the time to be encouraging. I really appreciate it.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 9, 2019, 9:47:50 AM
Hopefully minions don't get nerfed too bad in 3.9!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info