Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker_of_Days!!!

So very nice to see you still playing and making/updating builds. I haven't lived in an area with internet recently so haven't had the chance to play PoE. Last time I played, you were stepping away from the game. I'm glad (as I'm sure many others are) you're here - as helpful as always.

Thanks for being you.

I decided to try your RF build using an old standard chieftain that I hadn't played in years. Ironically when I created him, I wanted him to Face Tank all the content. He fell miserably short of my expectations. I am happy to report that he is now back in action and doing quite well. He can man handle the lower red maps. I haven't tried too many t15+, but he CAN do them - albeit more gingerly and slowly due to dps. I've been delving up to 300 with this chieftain and can clear the 83 heists without too much difficulty. All in all, I am VERY pleased with him.

Some things of note, since you only listed 3 gems on your helm, I moved my rejuv totem to my helm so it benefits from the +1 gem affix on it. I replaced the regen golem with +4 physical damage reduction. This left me with only Infernal Cry in my shield. I was unsure what to link to it. At the moment, I have Combustion Support and Elemental Proliferation Support. Please advise if those 2 work or if there is a better scenario.

Lastly, since I acquired my shield which has +5 to max fire resist, I was able to unspec 4 passive points. I placed those 4 points and my others from being higher level than the build guide into all the easy + maximum life nodes.

When everything is said and done, currently I have just shy of 7k HP with over 22k Armour. My "in hideout" physical damage reduction is 90% as is all 3 max resists. My regen is over 2500 per second and movement speed is 37%. (The movement speed will change once I run thru labs and re-enchant the boots with more life regen).

I feel like I need to add a movement skill to get out of tough situations. I rarely use the vaal skill from righteous fire so I'm thinking of removing that from my button pressing option. Thus actually would also allow me to use a 21/23 RF gem if and when I vaal one. I just need to figure out how and where to place the movement gem. I'm kind of hoping that my shield links don't work as intended and I can place movement there. I'm unsure which movement to use. Flame dash and shield slam come to mind, but I really liked phasing in the past.

Now to just tweak my gear and find some more dps. This build is awesome though. Thanks a ton.

Oh, just a quick question regarding pantheon choices. Does physical damage reduction cap at 90% like max resist does? Obviously if so, I don't need more - but if not, I'll keep the two that I have
Brown! It's always nice to hear from you :) .

I really appreciate your kind words and that you took the time to write them. Thank you! Thanks for being you, too!

I liked hearing all of the changes and thoughts behind the build. And I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for posting it! I'm sure the build has changed a bit throughout the week since you posted but to answer your questions:
- You can do whatever you like with the empty gem sockets.
- But, in regards to Infernal Cry, I don't believe Infernal Cry hits unless you have Corrupting Cry Support. However, the explosion that happens from enemies dying does hit. So Combustion would work there. But just keep in mind it wouldn't help in most boss battles (as they all don't have extra enemies around).
- Regarding Pantheons and Physical damage mitigation, the %s for Elemental and Chaos resists are flat mitigation values. The %s displayed are what they are. It's not the same for physical damage mitigation. The Tool Tip shows a % but armour only blocks a % of the physical damage based on the damage of the hit. Since the Tool Tip doesn't factor that into account, it's a pointless stat to display. Check this out: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Armour#Rule_of_thumb. However, FLAT physical damage mitigation from Pantheons, skills, Endurance Charges...those are Flat mitigation values like the elemental and chaos resists. So those are "more efficient" than Armour.

I think that answers your questions. If not, let me know!

Again, thanks for your kind words :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Spoiler
After playing a while, and now having two level 90+ characters, I have some suggestions that might make the filter more enjoyable at higher levels.

I feel it gets a bit rough at higher tier maps to look through items, as there is quite a lot dropping. This is especially true for content such as Expedition, Blight etc., but also for general mapping/content. The overall issue is connected to red tier maps, and yellow/red tier maps after lvl 85/90+.

My suggestions:
1. Add drop icon for Heist items in Heist on the map. I wondered why I didn't drop much Heist items, and realised there is no icon nor sound to those items. This caused me to miss quite a few items among the chaos and regular rares on the ground.

2. Remove lower tier jewelry bases for red tier maps and above. E.g. gold amulet/ring, studder belt etc.

3. Remove item clutter for higher tier maps in general would be nice. It gets a bit rough rough to look through 30+ items on the ground after an Expedition. Maybe remove the lowest tier currently showing for all rares?

4. 3-link chromatic recipe items showing in tier 16 map; i.e. Opal Wand. Maybe remove this for yellow/red tier maps.

5. Icon on Labyrinth enchanted items without showing in filter. Have to click alt to see item on ground. Should show the item on the ground as well. E.g. Samnite Helmet.

6. Fractured “low-tier” bases showing icon on the map but not showing on ground. E.g. iLvl 82 Coral Ring.

7. Fractured/bases that show with yellow icon on the ground, looks the same as another yellow item. Same size and color. Maybe change to different color, or bigger size like synthesised items. E.g. rings, belts etc.

8. There are a few Divination cards that doesn't bring any value in my opinion. Such that gives blue items or 1 chaos orb for 8 total cards. So far I'd consider not showing the following Divination cards in yellow/red+ maps
1. Rain of Chaos (1/8 card for 1 chaos orb)
2. The Kings Blade (blue ilvl 66 blade)
3. Struck by Lightning
4. Prosperity

Overall the experience before red tier maps/85+ was wonderful. However after a point the amount of items that drops makes it very difficult to see what to pick up or not. I find myself ignoring to look at all, as looking through 15 rares, + currency, and low-tier divination cards after a yellow monster, or 50+ items after Expedition gets tedious. While the purpose is to show as much as possible without cluttering the screen, I think it would overall improve the experience to reduce the clutter at red tier maps, and yellow tier+ maps after a certain level.

Again, thanks for a great filter. Cheers!
I love it, Pandamoium! Thanks so much!

There are two handcuffs when making a filter for people when you don't know the build they're playing:

1) GGG has an huge number of items that are "the best" at something (an implicit, defence/attack value...) per item class.
2) We don't know which of these items a user is hoping to find/use.

Filters with the current game have to either let the user make the choice, or make choices for the user. It sucks cause there are just too many "best" basetypes in the game.

I'll go through your suggestions:

1) Agreed. I'll add a minimap icon for heist drops. I only show the best version of each equipment type (which is filtered based on the AreaLevel). I'll add the icon for the lower-tiered ones as well.

2) I'd love to, but this falls into the category explained above where those basetypes, though maybe not used often, are the best of their class (implicits). I wish some of the implicits on jewelry didn't exist. That's for sure.

3) Sadly, if I understand your request correctly, it's already happening! This game just shoves items at us. The only items shown in my filters are the best at their stat or intent. Most of the time that's based on the implicit of the item, with the exception of weapons (Attack Speed, DPS, Elemental Damage...). So the only way to reduce the number of items on the screen is to choose for others what they shouldn't play with (and therefore hide those items). I wish there were WAY fewer basetypes. Do you have a few examples you care to point out? Maybe I'm missing something.

4) I hear ya. The problem is, is that I FLY through chromatics with all of my theory crafting. I'll think about it. I get the impression that I get a lot of my chromatics from the vendor recipe. I'll try it without and see.

5) I don't completely understand. Are you saying that the Lab Enchanted items have a minimap icon but are being hidden on the ground? If so, I'll answer in #6 as it's the same answer.

6) To reduce clutter I only show the best basetypes of what's dropped (as explained a bit above). But people don't like missing out on fancy possibilities. So I have minimap icons for items that users may want to check out if they didn't care about said implicit or defence value. So I intentionally hide poorer basetypes but let users know that a fancy mod/enchant/etc. dropped in case they wanted to check it out. So it's my way of adhering to both worlds, those who want only the best and those who like to check everything out.

7) I thought Fractured and Synthesised were the same already. If not, I'll fix it. Thanks!

8) I agree. It's crazy to me that some Div. cards exist. I'm not sure if I want to hide them on my "everyone" filter, but I agree, they are pointless. I'll think about it. It's something that's always bothered me. That's for sure.

I really appreciate the effort in your feedback! Thank you! If I misunderstood anything, please let me know. I'll think more on the clutter and see if anything comes to mind.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
jakebasile wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker, just wanted to say thanks for your builds over the years. I've played either slo-mo skellies or zombietons every time I've played through a league, and they're always solid. Love the lack of reliance on button mashing and trading.

Thanks for keeping them updated!
That's really sweet of you, jakebasile! Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to be so kind. That's really encouraging! I'm glad we have the same preferences/playstyle! I'm also glad, for your sake, that the zombie build is probably in its tankiest state! Hopefully, GGG doesn't change too much before next year!

You rock <3. Thanks a lot!

Annnnnd

"
KitteninaBox wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks again for your wonderful, relaxing builds. I'm finally recovering from COVID but your builds got me through the worst of the head-achy boredom.
Covid! Shoot! That sucks! I'm glad to hear that you're doing better now. Hopefully, nothing long-term comes from it!

I'm glad the build(s) you played helped you get through it though! I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know. It means a lot. Thanks, KitteninaBox <3.

Annnnnd

"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker_of_Days!!!

So very nice to see you still playing and making/updating builds. I haven't lived in an area with internet recently so haven't had the chance to play PoE. Last time I played, you were stepping away from the game. I'm glad (as I'm sure many others are) you're here - as helpful as always.

Thanks for being you.

I decided to try your RF build using an old standard chieftain that I hadn't played in years. Ironically when I created him, I wanted him to Face Tank all the content. He fell miserably short of my expectations. I am happy to report that he is now back in action and doing quite well. He can man handle the lower red maps. I haven't tried too many t15+, but he CAN do them - albeit more gingerly and slowly due to dps. I've been delving up to 300 with this chieftain and can clear the 83 heists without too much difficulty. All in all, I am VERY pleased with him.

Some things of note, since you only listed 3 gems on your helm, I moved my rejuv totem to my helm so it benefits from the +1 gem affix on it. I replaced the regen golem with +4 physical damage reduction. This left me with only Infernal Cry in my shield. I was unsure what to link to it. At the moment, I have Combustion Support and Elemental Proliferation Support. Please advise if those 2 work or if there is a better scenario.

Lastly, since I acquired my shield which has +5 to max fire resist, I was able to unspec 4 passive points. I placed those 4 points and my others from being higher level than the build guide into all the easy + maximum life nodes.

When everything is said and done, currently I have just shy of 7k HP with over 22k Armour. My "in hideout" physical damage reduction is 90% as is all 3 max resists. My regen is over 2500 per second and movement speed is 37%. (The movement speed will change once I run thru labs and re-enchant the boots with more life regen).

I feel like I need to add a movement skill to get out of tough situations. I rarely use the vaal skill from righteous fire so I'm thinking of removing that from my button pressing option. Thus actually would also allow me to use a 21/23 RF gem if and when I vaal one. I just need to figure out how and where to place the movement gem. I'm kind of hoping that my shield links don't work as intended and I can place movement there. I'm unsure which movement to use. Flame dash and shield slam come to mind, but I really liked phasing in the past.

Now to just tweak my gear and find some more dps. This build is awesome though. Thanks a ton.

Oh, just a quick question regarding pantheon choices. Does physical damage reduction cap at 90% like max resist does? Obviously if so, I don't need more - but if not, I'll keep the two that I have
Brown! It's always nice to hear from you :) .

I really appreciate your kind words and that you took the time to write them. Thank you! Thanks for being you, too!

I liked hearing all of the changes and thoughts behind the build. And I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for posting it! I'm sure the build has changed a bit throughout the week since you posted but to answer your questions:
- You can do whatever you like with the empty gem sockets.
- But, in regards to Infernal Cry, I don't believe Infernal Cry hits unless you have Corrupting Cry Support. However, the explosion that happens from enemies dying does hit. So Combustion would work there. But just keep in mind it wouldn't help in most boss battles (as they all don't have extra enemies around).
- Regarding Pantheons and Physical damage mitigation, the %s for Elemental and Chaos resists are flat mitigation values. The %s displayed are what they are. It's not the same for physical damage mitigation. The Tool Tip shows a % but armour only blocks a % of the physical damage based on the damage of the hit. Since the Tool Tip doesn't factor that into account, it's a pointless stat to display. Check this out: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Armour#Rule_of_thumb. However, FLAT physical damage mitigation from Pantheons, skills, Endurance Charges...those are Flat mitigation values like the elemental and chaos resists. So those are "more efficient" than Armour.

I think that answers your questions. If not, let me know!

Again, thanks for your kind words :)

Thank you so much for your reply ... and for remembering me ><

I'm loving the build. Feels good enough to play in HC. I've died twice since making my above changes - once from lag as I am playing on wi fi from the hotel I'm staying at (lol) and once from 100% my fault on a boss fight. The build holds up 100%.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Sep 5, 2023, 10:58:23 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you so much for your reply ... and for remembering me ><

I'm loving the build. Feels good enough to play in HC. I've died twice since making my above changes - once from lag as I am playing on wi fi from the hotel I'm staying at (lol) and once from 100% my fault on a boss fight. The build holds up 100%.
Awesome! I'm glad the build is working out for you! I'm glad it's just not me :) . And of course! It's always a pleasure :).

Annnnnd

"
Spoiler
After playing a while, and now having two level 90+ characters, I have some suggestions that might make the filter more enjoyable at higher levels.

I feel it gets a bit rough at higher tier maps to look through items, as there is quite a lot dropping. This is especially true for content such as Expedition, Blight etc., but also for general mapping/content. The overall issue is connected to red tier maps, and yellow/red tier maps after lvl 85/90+.

My suggestions:
1. Add drop icon for Heist items in Heist on the map. I wondered why I didn't drop much Heist items, and realised there is no icon nor sound to those items. This caused me to miss quite a few items among the chaos and regular rares on the ground.

2. Remove lower tier jewelry bases for red tier maps and above. E.g. gold amulet/ring, studder belt etc.

3. Remove item clutter for higher tier maps in general would be nice. It gets a bit rough rough to look through 30+ items on the ground after an Expedition. Maybe remove the lowest tier currently showing for all rares?

4. 3-link chromatic recipe items showing in tier 16 map; i.e. Opal Wand. Maybe remove this for yellow/red tier maps.

5. Icon on Labyrinth enchanted items without showing in filter. Have to click alt to see item on ground. Should show the item on the ground as well. E.g. Samnite Helmet.

6. Fractured “low-tier” bases showing icon on the map but not showing on ground. E.g. iLvl 82 Coral Ring.

7. Fractured/bases that show with yellow icon on the ground, looks the same as another yellow item. Same size and color. Maybe change to different color, or bigger size like synthesised items. E.g. rings, belts etc.

8. There are a few Divination cards that doesn't bring any value in my opinion. Such that gives blue items or 1 chaos orb for 8 total cards. So far I'd consider not showing the following Divination cards in yellow/red+ maps
3. Struck by Lightning
4. Prosperity

Overall the experience before red tier maps/85+ was wonderful. However after a point the amount of items that drops makes it very difficult to see what to pick up or not. I find myself ignoring to look at all, as looking through 15 rares, + currency, and low-tier divination cards after a yellow monster, or 50+ items after Expedition gets tedious. While the purpose is to show as much as possible without cluttering the screen, I think it would overall improve the experience to reduce the clutter at red tier maps, and yellow tier+ maps after a certain level.

K. I ended up having time today to brainstorm a bit. I made some changes to the size of the undesirable Div Cards, I added minimap icons to the heist gear, annnnnd shoot. Something else. I still will be hiding non-optimal basetypes but will still provide the fancy non-optimal basetypes with minimapicons so we can take a look if we want.

Feel free to let me know what you think. I knowit takes a lot of time, like I'm sure your previous feedback did. So please don't feel like you have to. Only do it if you want to. Thanks again for the feedback!

Annnnnd

"
"
Spoiler

My suggestions:

3. Struck by Lightning
4. Prosperity

K. I ended up having time today to brainstorm a bit. I made some changes to the size of the undesirable Div Cards, I added minimap icons to the heist gear, annnnnd shoot. Something else. I still will be hiding non-optimal basetypes but will still provide the fancy non-optimal basetypes with minimapicons so we can take a look if we want.

Feel free to let me know what you think. I knowit takes a lot of time, like I'm sure your previous feedback did. So please don't feel like you have to. Only do it if you want to. Thanks again for the feedback!

Awesome!:D Thanks for taking my feedback into consideration. I'm loving the new blue icons for some items, and changes to the size of some div cards!

In regards to point 2 and 3, I understand it's difficult - and not sure how to implement it myself. For which basetypes, I'm thinking of items below a certain tier weightin. E.g. items that has under 25/50% of base-value itself after a given character level i.e. 90+. Not sure how well this could be implemented in practice, but there was something about this iirc when I did my own filters. I'll think about this some more.

When it comes to chromatics, I find myself getting quite regurarly 1-10 stack sized chromatic drops. My experience is that I have more chromes than I can use. For point 5 & 6, that makes sense. Didn't know it worked like that.

For div cards, the possibility of hiding those that bring no value over - lets say 90+ - I think could make sense. The value of a div card that gives iLvl 76 rare ring, when mapping in T16 of iLvl83 is pretty low I think. I understand your reasoning though, definitely don't want to hide things that bring others value. E.g. random div card for lower tier uniques, should always show of course.

No worries, I quite enjoy noting down this stuff and happy to help improve the filter. I'll note down some stuff when I see it, and probably hit you up with some more suggestions when I get to play a bit more. Again, thanks for you work Wrecker.
Last edited by SirPandamonium on Sep 8, 2023, 4:00:25 AM
Good builds, thanks for the guides.
Last edited by Abattoir on Sep 10, 2023, 2:39:37 PM
"
Spoiler
Awesome!:D Thanks for taking my feedback into consideration. I'm loving the new blue icons for some items, and changes to the size of some div cards!

In regards to point 2 and 3, I understand it's difficult - and not sure how to implement it myself. For which basetypes, I'm thinking of items below a certain tier weightin. E.g. items that has under 25/50% of base-value itself after a given character level i.e. 90+. Not sure how well this could be implemented in practice, but there was something about this iirc when I did my own filters. I'll think about this some more.

When it comes to chromatics, I find myself getting quite regurarly 1-10 stack sized chromatic drops. My experience is that I have more chromes than I can use. For point 5 & 6, that makes sense. Didn't know it worked like that.

For div cards, the possibility of hiding those that bring no value over - lets say 90+ - I think could make sense. The value of a div card that gives iLvl 76 rare ring, when mapping in T16 of iLvl83 is pretty low I think. I understand your reasoning though, definitely don't want to hide things that bring others value. E.g. random div card for lower tier uniques, should always show of course.

No worries, I quite enjoy noting down this stuff and happy to help improve the filter. I'll note down some stuff when I see it, and probably hit you up with some more suggestions when I get to play a bit more. Again, thanks for you work Wrecker.
Yup! That's for sure the next step. The % of defence value that rolls is likely the only other way to minimize what's displayed from the filter without choosing for someone what they should like. For sure.

I think I'm going to follow through with getting rid of the small Chromatic Recipe in red maps. Good call.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to your suggestions if/when you find some more! Thanks for all of the effort!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info