[3.11] Divine Ire | Trickster | 70 Million Shaper Damage | Flick of the Finger Obliterator

Hi there,

I really enjoyed reading through your guide and started buying stuff for the build.

I'd like to know if you are still working on optimising the build, because with Conquerors and Metamorph, several new options arise. Generally, there is much room for minmaxing, even without mirror tier gear. I did not play this build yet, so maybe I am wrong with some of my assumptions.

- the elemental catalysts boosts the lightning -> cold conversion to 96%. You can achieve 55 million damage by doing this (according to PoB), which is an insane buff for the build. This also helps standard players like me, because you don't need legacy call of the brotherhood anymore (you don't want 100% conversion, elso you are unable to shock)

- you can now use an awakener's orb for a shaper's stygian vise. I guess this gives another nice damage and possible life boost

- Awakened Curse on Hit gives the possibility for a second curse. Elemental Weakness for more damage or maybe enfeeble for defence are nice choices. I think you could sacrifice increased duration (or multitotems on wither (do you need two totems for a single boss? Since they are placed aside each other, they normally die together) <-forget about that, it is wrong of course)

There are also some general things that caught my eye. Maybe I'm helping out, maybe not, so I will just ask questions about them.

- My first question is about your defences. It seems that you do not try to optimise on ES and Evasion, but wouldn't it be better alltogether, to reach a certain level of Evasion, to reduce damage income? For example your helmet is not ES-based, which adds 5 times evasion rating due to ascendancy.
Also, the rest of your gear has random defence stats, which could be optimised for a much higher survivability.

- Is the placement of your Militant Faith the same as in your PoB? Because I have found this position to be subpar in terms of devotion you receive. Does yours transform important nodes in the far left position?

If I place mine here (shown on my hierophant), I could even achieve 150 or 160 devotion when picking up the channeling cluster on the top right (which is 60-64% for each mod).
If yours converts important nodes, you could use divine orbs to help that.
You might also want to add the "increased aoe damage per 10 devotion" mod in your guide, which also applies to Divine Ire.

- Why do you list the phys->cold conversion while affected by hatred mod in your watcher's eye list? It is neither cheaper than the phys->lighnting wrath mod, nor would you want both on it. The Hatred crit mod is a way better alternative if you can't affort a dual Wrath Watchter's Eye, since people tend to pricecheck the individual mods and undervalue the combination (bought mine for 3 ex in standard). You could add the crit multiplier precision mod to your list as well if you want to give alternatives. Also you might want to add that you need 35% conversion on your wrath mod for full physical damage conversion

I hope I will get my hands on two Shaper Call of the Brotherhood soon, so the fun can begin :)

Greetings!

Last edited by Madsam7000 on Jan 9, 2020, 11:57:48 AM
"
Madsam7000 wrote:
Hi there,

I really enjoyed reading through your guide and started buying stuff for the build.

I'd like to know if you are still working on optimising the build, because with Conquerors and Metamorph, several new options arise. Generally, there is much room for minmaxing, even without mirror tier gear. I did not play this build yet, so maybe I am wrong with some of my assumptions.

- the elemental catalysts boosts the lightning -> cold conversion to 96%. You can achieve 55 million damage by doing this (according to PoB), which is an insane buff for the build. This also helps standard players like me, because you don't need legacy call of the brotherhood anymore (you don't want 100% conversion, elso you are unable to shock)

- you can now use an awakener's orb for a shaper's stygian vise. I guess this gives another nice damage and possible life boost

- Awakened Curse on Hit gives the possibility for a second curse. Elemental Weakness for more damage or maybe enfeeble for defence are nice choices. I think you could sacrifice increased duration or multitotems on wither (do you need two totems for a single boss? Since they are placed aside each other, they normally die together)

There are also some general things that caught my eye. Maybe I'm helping out, maybe not, so I will just ask questions about them.

- My first question is about your defences. It seems that you do not try to optimise on ES and Evasion, but wouldn't it be better alltogether, to reach a certain level of Evasion, to reduce damage income? For example your helmet is not ES-based, which adds 5 times evasion rating due to ascendancy.
Also, the rest of your gear has random defence stats, which could be optimised for a much higher survivability.

- Is the placement of your Militant Faith the same as in your PoB? Because I have found this position to be subpar in terms of devotion you receive. Does yours transform important nodes in the far left position?

If I place mine here (shown on my hierophant), I could even achieve 150 or 160 devotion when picking up the channeling cluster on the top right (which is 60-64% for each mod).
If yours converts important nodes, you could use divine orbs to help that.
You might also want to add the "increased aoe damage per 10 devotion" mod in your guide, which also applies to Divine Ire.

- Why do you list the phys->cold conversion while affected by hatred mod in your watcher's eye list? It is neither cheaper than the phys->lighnting wrath mod, nor would you want both on it. The Hatred crit mod is a way better alternative if you can't affort a dual Wrath Watchter's Eye, since people tend to pricecheck the individual mods and undervalue the combination (bought mine for 3 ex in standard). You could add the crit multiplier precision mod to your list as well if you want to give alternatives. Also you might want to add that you need 35% conversion on your wrath mod for full physical damage conversion

I hope I will get my hands on two Shaper Call of the Brotherhood soon, so the fun can begin :)

Greetings!

As a new player (this league) who has kinda played the build, these are my thoughts to your points.

Curse on hit could probably work to minmax damage, but I'm not sure if it's better than getting max wither stacks as you have to stack your totems, orb of storms, flame dash before the boss starts in order to charge DI for the boss itself? Dunno how fast wither stacks tbh so you tell me.

Also unsure if totems will last long enough to hit a nice number of stacks before they expire. I'm no expert but if you can, then I guess why not add another curse.

As for defenses, you could technically always have room for minmax right? Right now im struggling to get the divine ire enchant on helm, so I guess most people just buy that on trade with whatever is decent and cheapest unless trying to roll it themselves?

From my understanding AoE damage does not affect divine ire release? Only the channelling ring?

With the hatred mod you mentioned, you would get crit chance but I think you'd already be easily hitting 95+% crit chance with bottled faith and crit chance crafted on your weapon? so would it be worth to cap to 100% rather than get some extra damage from the phys to cold conversion?

From my understanding we should prioritise phys -> lightning + extra lightning on the watchers and if possible get phys to cold as well as a third mod as this will also double up on cold to fire gem?

I dunno honestly. As for trying to source good weapons, I have found it a challenge since we can only have "two" modded modifiers not "three" in the current league and elemental to chaos is nerfed from 20% to 8%.

Is this build capable of doing Blighted maps easily? I kinda love running them but not to fail lul. I also wonder if the build can perform well enough until buying these expensive 3 items you said?
Last edited by Elloktrik on Jan 9, 2020, 9:56:25 AM
"
Aitharel wrote:
"
Madsam7000 wrote:

As a new player (this league) who has kinda played the build, these are my thoughts to your points.

just curious, what on earth made you pick one of the most expensive builds to even get going if this is your first league?

Dare I say RMT? ;-)
"
Aitharel wrote:

Curse on hit could probably work to minmax damage, but I'm not sure if it's better than getting max wither stacks as you have to stack your totems, orb of storms, flame dash before the boss starts in order to charge DI for the boss itself? Dunno how fast wither stacks tbh so you tell me.

Also unsure if totems will last long enough to hit a nice number of stacks before they expire. I'm no expert but if you can, then I guess why not add another curse.

Yes you are right of course. Put that in brackets in my original post. Still think you might want to sacrifice increased duration, since the thing that gets withered should die max 2 seconds later.

"
Aitharel wrote:

As for defenses, you could technically always have room for minmax right? Right now im struggling to get the divine ire enchant on helm, so I guess most people just buy that on trade with whatever is decent and cheapest unless trying to roll it themselves?

I'd rather have good defences instead of this enchant. It can be either added later or you craft a helmet with enchanted fossil.

"
Aitharel wrote:

From my understanding AoE damage does not affect divine ire release? Only the channelling ring?

According to wiki, only aoe increases do not affect the release. Damage increases will affect the beam.

"
Aitharel wrote:

With the hatred mod you mentioned, you would get crit chance but I think you'd already be easily hitting 95+% crit chance with bottled faith and crit chance crafted on your weapon? so would it be worth to cap to 100% rather than get some extra damage from the phys to cold conversion?

From my understanding we should prioritise phys -> lightning + extra lightning on the watchers and if possible get phys to cold as well as a third mod as this will also double up on cold to fire gem?

I dunno honestly. As for trying to source good weapons, I have found it a challenge since we can only have "two" modded modifiers not "three" in the current league and elemental to chaos is nerfed from 20% to 8%.

Of course you should priorise a two wrath mod watchers, but for a budged version, this will suffice.
You can't have more than 100% conversion. Having more will split the conversion and you really do not want that. Wiki has a really nice article about damage conversion if you are interested.

"
Abogami wrote:
"
Aitharel wrote:
"
Madsam7000 wrote:

just curious, what on earth made you pick one of the most expensive builds to even get going if this is your first league?

Dare I say RMT? ;-)

The only money I've spent on this game is a map tab, currency tab and two sell tabs. I looked at the build, was fun. Decided to make it, pretty simple really. Currency was acquired by a friend and I because we thought it would be good to one shot metamorphs...only to find out that it seems the damage is capped welp.

At this point, I don't have as much time to play anymore and tbh, I still haven't gotten my two mod watchers, unnatural instinct or the helmet enchant so I'm not exactly full build.. I'm sitting on 35m at the moment and the watchers + unnatural instinct would bring it up to about 42m. Infact I just migrated from stormburst so I still have two level 18 gems lol. My wands are not maxed either, if they were I would reach 40m without the watchers and with whatever gear I have now + helmet enchant, I'd be sitting at 50m according to PoB

All in all after starting PoE, I feel like it's not really much of a grind as people make it out to be, if you have a trustworthy friend to combine resources towards a goal too, then it's even easier, but there is a hell of a lot of room to min max tbh, and I don't think I'm going for that..
Last edited by Aitharel on Jan 9, 2020, 6:51:48 PM
"
Madsam7000 wrote:

Yes you are right of course. Put that in brackets in my original post. Still think you might want to sacrifice increased duration, since the thing that gets withered should die max 2 seconds later.

I guess fair enough. What I've also been doing on the side is also playing with an aurabot using vaal impurities, but for solo play where you can't charge vaal skills I guess it would be good.

"
Madsam7000 wrote:

I'd rather have good defences instead of this enchant. It can be either added later or you craft a helmet with enchanted fossil.

Hm maybe something I will look into to improve my build. One question about militant faith, how much devotion should I be getting. I don't know how much is good and am scared to divine only to brick it lol.

"
Madsam7000 wrote:

According to wiki, only aoe increases do not affect the release. Damage increases will affect the beam.

Oh, so it is the other way around.. whoops my bad.

"
Madsam7000 wrote:

Of course you should priorise a two wrath mod watchers, but for a budged version, this will suffice.
You can't have more than 100% conversion. Having more will split the conversion and you really do not want that. Wiki has a really nice article about damage conversion if you are interested.

Ah I put that wrong. At standard Cotb sitting at 80%, I guess it could make sense to reach that 100%? This was initially for 3.8 I guess so it doesn't take that into account. However, with catalysts it would be useless yes.. I actually thought it was extra cold damage. Whoops...
Last edited by Aitharel on Jan 9, 2020, 6:54:05 PM
Hello ,
I saw your build and loved Divine Ire so giving it a solid try , played it in other leagues and was lots of fun. Right now im trying to tweak mine to get closer to what you showed us because right now im sitting at around 7 mil . any suggestions on changes ? I still have a few more levels to go however.

https://pastebin.com/6tQmzBPm

Right now working on getting all my gems towards Qual as well
Last edited by SleeptNotAmy on Jan 9, 2020, 6:52:23 PM
"
SleeptNotAmy wrote:
Hello ,
I saw your build and loved Divine Ire so giving it a solid try , played it in other leagues and was lots of fun. Right now im trying to tweak mine to get closer to what you showed us because right now im sitting at around 7 mil . any suggestions on changes ? I still have a few more levels to go however.

https://pastebin.com/6tQmzBPm

Right now working on getting all my gems towards Qual as well

Not the build creator but was curious, you need to check your flasks in PoB btw, set wither stacks to 15, add another jewel with crit multi. Buy a level 21 DI gem. Change config to shaper/guardian and tick the enemy is shocked. You'll hit about 17m. I think there may be a few I missed like inspiration charges or something, but I had to do that myself as I was wondering why my damage was so low.
But I thought the build couldnt shock because of the elemental gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info