[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

"
klaymored wrote:
I just tried Soul Tether + Doryani's Glorious Vanity and it's very good. Solves most of the survivability problems, DPS is still good, 20% cull is on the table -- bossing still feels great. Whoever has issues with survivability can check out this combo, gear's on my character.

But I do have to add that without Vitality Void it felt pretty lackluster, so here's that. All and all this combo will cost additional 4 points for the jewel socket and +2 for Vitality Void. I sacrificed some of life cause still gonna get more EHP from the combo.

How do you make sure you are getting the Doryani keystone? I can't tell on your character profile. Does acrobatics become Corrupted Soul?
Last edited by Berto33 on Dec 30, 2019, 10:51:36 PM
Alright I just killed Sirus 8 aswell with my current gear. I had 1 death due to getting frozen from his multi element beam so that's my own fault. Other than that the fight is pretty easy after you learn how to position the storms.

The only change I made was to unspec from Vaal Pact since it doesnt work very well with the fight. The 1 thing I would say that should help a lot is getting more life regen both on gear and on flasks.

I only dropped a helmet unfortunately so no showcase of the sword just yet ^^
Something is wrong i running t15/t16 right now and i feel like a glascanon

HP : 5064

My Gear :

Thanks to the guy who suggested doryanis and soul tether, followed your tree and DPS is way higher and much tankier.

Recommend everyone else to try it out

Hey Dex, you've got a great build here and I'm glad you shared it.

I see that quite a few people are having some issues with the build, most of which are survivability related. Since I've picked up the build myself and killed Sirus with it, I'll share my thoughts on the build and maybe some of those struggling will find it useful.

If Sirus is what you're worried about with this build based on what you've seen/heard about the fight and haven't done it yourself yet. Don't be. The build is more than viable for the fight, with very minor adjustments to your regular setup. The fight is all about handling the mechanics, which are for the most part heavily telegraphed.

No amount of "tankiness" with this build will feel enough for the Sirus fight if you are failing the mechanics. Nothing wrong with the actual build, slayer itself is not an ascendancy that can tank Sirus' abilities, except the small lasers he shoots at you while on the ground (which are still going to hurt you a lot). With that being said, you will have to just learn the fight and dodge the big hits, kite away tornadoes and so on. If you're looking for something that can actually tank his big hits, this ain't it.

Anyways, I saw some mentions of speccing into overleech. In fact, Dex2644 himself suggested it as one of the solutions to the build's squishyness. For more general gameplay, I would say it's a viable option. If we're talking about Sirus, you really don't have to respec into overleech for that fight. It's really not gonna help you. Having cull from Bane of Legends might actually be the difference maker if the fight takes you more than a few portals. If you already are specced into Brutal Fervour, that's fine as well. However, even if you ARE specced into Brutal Fervour, you definitely wanna remove Vaal Pact from your tree. No regen is going to hurt you, as there is plenty of DPS downtime where you will want to be regenerating your health without having to use flasks.

To extend on the last bit about flasks and regen, you really wanna save your instant flask for when/if you choke on some mechanics and take a huge chunk of dmg. Outside of that, try not to waste it unnecessarily. You will have time to regen while dodging some of the hits, unable to him. I suggest you pick up a 2nd life flask (an instant one or not, doesn't matter much) and put it in place of your quicksilver. Most of the time you spend damaging Sirus you won't be moving around too much. The only somewhat useful scenario in which quicksilver can help you is finding your way out of the wall maze he spawns before he slams you, but if you've already made it to a Sirus fight you should be good enough at the game to where you won't need a quicksilver there as it gives you plenty of time to find your way out. Otherwise, there's really no use for it in this fight. Picking up a 2nd life flask, feel free to respec into Soul of Ryslatha minor pantheon if you feel like you are gonna take a bit longer to finish the fight. Personally, I didn't do it 'cause my character already had enough dps at that point to where I wasn't running out of life flask charges. BUT, it is a very good option. Similarly, you can also swap to Soul of Solaris.

As for gem setups, all the regular stuff works fine for the most part. I do suggest you swap from Rage to Close Combat or Conc Effect (if you can meet the int requirement). Again, the fight has decent amount of downtime no matter how good you are at it or how much dps you have. On top of that, if you haven't done it yet or simply aren't comfortable with it, you will probably have extra downtime just trying to figure out what's going on. All that results in a very low Rage stacks upkeep.

Think that's as much as I can share about Sirus himself.

Now, to move on to mapping. The build works fine up to and including the highest map tiers. I was melting metamorphs in t16s in sub 2 seconds even with no culling strike (after I decided to try out overleech as well). However much like the berserker ascendancy, it's super glass cannon. Meaning that sometimes you will run through a map without anything barely touching you and sometimes you'll take huge hits or even die. Speaking of metamorphs, I think I've died more to their on-death effects than their actual hits lol. But that comes mostly from the fact that I usually killed them before they got to even hit me. The on death effects though, random degen on the ground as well as a bunch of other shit that you mostly can't even differentiate in the pool of blackness, all can be very scary. That made the build feel very uncomfortable for general gameplay. The dps feels amazing for however little investment you put into it, clear speed is pretty respectable, but if you constantly run t15-16s you will most probably die just often enough to prevent you from leveling up to higher 90s (even if your gear is minmaxed). If you don't care about leveling, then couple deaths here and there are nothing to worry about.

Personally, this feels like one of the few builds that I've ever played where I feel the need to level higher for the extra passive points. Not that the build isn't good enough without them, just that it feels like extra points might actually make a significant difference. I've tested couple things to up the survivability. I tried overleech (as mentioned above) and as far as the dmg I really did not notice much difference while mapping. Metamorphs still melted like butter on a hot pan. However, it really did not change the fact that I was still feeling squishy. Given that I want to level further (94 atm), this setup simply did not feel effective as the XP penalty starting from mid 90s makes you really feel the time you waste each time you die, even if not very often. Since this league is really easy to sustain maps, you can run t16s forever which means if you wanna fully juice your maps up (alchs, sextants, frags etc) instead of having to just use alts on your maps or run lower map tiers to feel more safe, I felt like slayer isn't gonna cut it for leveling.

And so, I've decided to respec my ascendancy to champion. I understand that some people don't want to consider this as an option and are looking for ways to fix all their issues while still playing slayer. However, after running a bunch of t16s as well as some ilvl83 metamorphs in the lab, I wanna share first impressions. The build definitely feels slightly slower, but only because no AoE from Slayer's Impact or move speed from Bane of Legends. In terms of dmg, so far at least, I have not noticed any difference, actually felt like doing more in some cases. Hard to tell as I'm still melting all the map content. The biggest difference comes in terms of survivability. I no longer am in danger of dying in cases where I would take huge hits back as slayer, nor am I dying in some scenarios where I felt like I would've died if I was slayer. Obviously, gotta reroll phys reflect maps now, but otherwise, the build is handling some of the more scary dmg mods far far better. Some minor adjustments to the overall setup have to be made, which I'm still in the process of doing so, but it's still practically the same build. I might make a post on what I'm planning to change in regards to passive tree/gear/gems for champion (if there's any interest) or at least a follow up after I've done some more mapping and a Sirus fight as champion.

Ik this wall of text might be a bit too long and sorry for rambling too much (nothing better to do at work lol) but if this shit helps out anyone or at least answers some questions people had before in thread, then I'll be glad I posted it.
Last edited by Gruum712 on Dec 31, 2019, 5:28:57 AM
"
Berto33 wrote:
"
klaymored wrote:
I just tried Soul Tether + Doryani's Glorious Vanity and it's very good. Solves most of the survivability problems, DPS is still good, 20% cull is on the table -- bossing still feels great. Whoever has issues with survivability can check out this combo, gear's on my character.

But I do have to add that without Vitality Void it felt pretty lackluster, so here's that. All and all this combo will cost additional 4 points for the jewel socket and +2 for Vitality Void. I sacrificed some of life cause still gonna get more EHP from the combo.

How do you make sure you are getting the Doryani keystone? I can't tell on your character profile. Does acrobatics become Corrupted Soul?

Correct, Acro is converted to Corrupted Soul. You can't use both anyway as Acro gimps your max ES.
"
Gruum712 wrote:
I might make a post on what I'm planning to change in regards to passive tree/gear/gems for champion (if there's any interest) or at least a follow up after I've done some more mapping and a Sirus fight as champion.
Ik this wall of text might be a bit too long and sorry for rambling too much (nothing better to do at work lol) but if this shit helps out anyone or at least answers some questions people had before in thread, then I'll be glad I posted it.

I'm interested to see your changes with the champion ascendancy, thank you for your post!
I change to champion, got soul teether, stack armor, and change immortal call for vaal molten shell, survivality is SO MUCH higher while damage stay even, i feel more comfortable this way.
Alright just did my first deathless Sirus 8. Made a few changes to the skill tree, got a Lethal Pride and crafted a new helm. I did this with Bane+Overwhelm and I also decided to go Vaal MS although I didnt need to use it on Sirus.

The build feels a lot better when played with Bane+Overwhelm so we just need to compensate some damage nodes for defense like Soul of Steel and Rampart. All of this is included in the new POB and I've updated major sections of the guide.

With that said, anyone who wishes to go for Champion or to try the Soul Tether combo is obviously welcome to do so and I'm glad you guys are testing things for yourself aswell.
Rolled Lethal pride with 40% melee damage, 20% physical and 15% crit multiply + some str ofc, but i had to take +1 maximum frenzy charges(Savagery) node to get crit multy not sure if its worth doe...Any better 2 point node i could take...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info