3.11 NEBULOCH JUG. TECTONIC SLAM, HC SUPER TANK, 3.11 BUFFED! Featured by Goodgaming!

Hey, folks - I've been playing this and slowly working up a pool of gear.
Currently have two questions/issues I'm hoping for guidance on.

First, I finally replaced my cluster to include one with Fuel the Fight so I can ditch Soul Raker amulet annoint. Most folks seem to be going with Galvanic Hammer for the annoint in that case, but POB seems to think Panopticon is absolutely amazing (even beating out the added DPS when only factoring normal ancestral instead of vaal). I assume the reason to go with Galvanic over Panopticon is that it adds some accuracy (if needed) and is "always up" versus Panopticon being worthless if you are clearing fast enough not to bother dropping totem or if totem is being ganked during boss fights? I also note that the elemental penetration has increased value for higher resist targets, but I'm already using a -15 enemy resist during Anger Watcher's Eye. Just wondering if there's something I'm missing about Panopticon (or Galvanic Hammer) that makes the choice clearer?

Second question: I'm having some issues dying to burst damage during bosses (and sometimes while clearing if there's a huge pack and the map modifiers are a rough combo). I know it's likely due to the life pool as well as the lightning resist baaaaaarely being capped (only capped with 10 endurance charges up). I am waiting on an Add A Life Mod harvest craft for the amulet (and then rerolling as needed, of course), will be upgrading the belt/abyssal next, and need to start working on crafting up some life on my jewels, but wondering if there is any other issues I'm potentially missing?

Thanks for any assistance/input!

POB: https://pastebin.com/QAdmJvP5 (note: my old cluster had all elemental resists, so my lightning is actually uncapped right now, which I'm working on fixing, but I was having issues even when it was right at 78 with 10 endurance charges and no Enduring/flasks).
"
Zierham wrote:
Hey, folks - I've been playing this and slowly working up a pool of gear.
Currently have two questions/issues I'm hoping for guidance on.

First, I finally replaced my cluster to include one with Fuel the Fight so I can ditch Soul Raker amulet annoint. Most folks seem to be going with Galvanic Hammer for the annoint in that case, but POB seems to think Panopticon is absolutely amazing (even beating out the added DPS when only factoring normal ancestral instead of vaal). I assume the reason to go with Galvanic over Panopticon is that it adds some accuracy (if needed) and is "always up" versus Panopticon being worthless if you are clearing fast enough not to bother dropping totem or if totem is being ganked during boss fights? I also note that the elemental penetration has increased value for higher resist targets, but I'm already using a -15 enemy resist during Anger Watcher's Eye. Just wondering if there's something I'm missing about Panopticon (or Galvanic Hammer) that makes the choice clearer?

Second question: I'm having some issues dying to burst damage during bosses (and sometimes while clearing if there's a huge pack and the map modifiers are a rough combo). I know it's likely due to the life pool as well as the lightning resist baaaaaarely being capped (only capped with 10 endurance charges up). I am waiting on an Add A Life Mod harvest craft for the amulet (and then rerolling as needed, of course), will be upgrading the belt/abyssal next, and need to start working on crafting up some life on my jewels, but wondering if there is any other issues I'm potentially missing?

Thanks for any assistance/input!

POB: https://pastebin.com/QAdmJvP5 (note: my old cluster had all elemental resists, so my lightning is actually uncapped right now, which I'm working on fixing, but I was having issues even when it was right at 78 with 10 endurance charges and no Enduring/flasks).

get +7k life, i would not even go beyond tier 5 maps with your hp pool. the less life the less leech, regen. and more degen you take. MS and VMS is your friend. your just to greedy on damage notes. if you like me aim to do hard content in hc, i would pick every hp note you pass and sacrifce damage notes for it. every day.
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Jul 31, 2020, 2:41:43 AM
Thanks, Duke, I appreciate the feedback.

Like a lot of other folks here, I'm on SC so dying here or there isn't the end of the world; I don't want to sacrifice too much damage as a lot of people have noted (and I can confirm) the build you initially posted significantly lacked single target DPS for SC.

Based on that, if I'm looking to move some points from DPS to HP, what dps clusters should I move out of first, and are there any specific HP clusters that you feel like have the most bang for the buck? Obviously 5% life > 4% life, but I'm not sure how the tradeoff works as far as % life versus % regen, etc.

As far as resists specifically, is just-at-cap with 10 endurance charges OK or - assuming not - how much cushion do you recommend as far as staying capped when slamming away endurance charges during fights? I know it's all RNG but some packs I come out of with like 6 endurance charges; should I aim to cap at that number...?

Also, since I know you aren't actually playing the build this season, I definitely welcome input from the many other folks who have taken your theorycrafting from prior seasons and run with it to clear everything this season.
"
Zierham wrote:

Like a lot of other folks here, I'm on SC so dying here or there isn't the end of the world; I don't want to sacrifice too much damage as a lot of people have noted (and I can confirm) the build you initially posted significantly lacked single target DPS for SC.

Based on that, if I'm looking to move some points from DPS to HP, what dps clusters should I move out of first, and are there any specific HP clusters that you feel like have the most bang for the buck? Obviously 5% life > 4% life, but I'm not sure how the tradeoff works as far as % life versus % regen, etc.

As far as resists specifically, is just-at-cap with 10 endurance charges OK or - assuming not - how much cushion do you recommend as far as staying capped when slamming away endurance charges during fights? I know it's all RNG but some packs I come out of with like 6 endurance charges; should I aim to cap at that number...?

Also, since I know you aren't actually playing the build this season, I definitely welcome input from the many other folks who have taken your theorycrafting from prior seasons and run with it to clear everything this season.

TBH since you play sc i would go for the crit tree, with an abysses. just use a rare boot with alot of life, res and end charge(warlord). the main issue is you got very little to non life on your gear. thats huge problem. with you playing sc you should be able to upgrade almost all your items with a few c budget pr item.
"
Zierham wrote:

Hi Zierham, here is a variant of the 'crit tree' Duke is talking about and which was originally proposed by Celerita. I've mixed it to my taste with the 'dps tree' proposed by Chunkalot (so cheers and credits go to Duke, Celerita, and Chunkalot, you can find their trees a few pages back). I think it's a good compromise between survivability and dps. I'm not pretending it's perfect but so far I only have problem with Sirus A8 and it's mainly due to me being too nervous during the fight ;-) Hope it will help!

https://pastebin.com/s5J4C64U

My gear:

Last edited by OlafGrossbaf on Aug 2, 2020, 2:57:53 PM
Help!!!

I just picked up a jewel with Overlord, but now when I socket Inspiration (replacing Fortify) into Craiceann's Carapace the mana reservation for Aspect of the Crab increases from 25% to 28%??? What is going on? Is this a bug?

I found an existing thread in Bug Reports, but it's still not clear to me if this is intended or not https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2794897

If I'm not able to use Inspiration, what's going to be my best alternative do you think?

"
k0pfschuss wrote:
Help!!!

I just picked up a jewel with Overlord, but now when I socket Inspiration (replacing Fortify) into Craiceann's Carapace the mana reservation for Aspect of the Crab increases from 25% to 28%??? What is going on? Is this a bug?

I found an existing thread in Bug Reports, but it's still not clear to me if this is intended or not https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2794897

If I'm not able to use Inspiration, what's going to be my best alternative do you think?

you should not use the aspect of the crap, if you looked at the POB it should be inactive( i hope i made it so) that skill offers nothing for the build, the chest is just all around nice.

you can in harvest produce way better items thoe. funny when i made the POB people was complaining page after page how impossible to get the items i listed, however most people have already gear way better, then i even could imagine at that point to create in POB.
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Aug 3, 2020, 1:55:31 PM
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:

you should not use the aspect of the crap, if you looked at the POB it should be inactive( i hope i made it so) that skill offers nothing for the build, the chest is just all around nice.

You did have it turned off in POB.

When I picked up Transcendence I thought it might be relevant but I see now what you mean. Thanks!!

all of this item good right ?
"
DrCaptainThor wrote:

all of this item good right ?

get VMS, its still a big buff. get awakened melee phys for intimidate. get regen ench on boot. your next big upgrade is a better amulet and helmet(damage mods)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info