[3.8] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 3-5m Shaper DPS

Hey, loving the build!! Cut down Uber Elder pretty easily and actually got a decent watcher's eye for the build, great work!!!

This is my current wand. Any chance you can show us the perfect multimodded or not wand so I can set it as my next goal?

Thanks!!
Playing this build, it's pretty fun. I wish it had a little more DPS, still figuring that part out.

"
SleepyXtreme wrote:
Playing this build, it's pretty fun. I wish it had a little more DPS, still figuring that part out.

The low DPS you experience is probably caused from having Arcane Surge and Energy leech in your 6 Link instead of controlled destruction and Added lightning damage, also I think your weapon could use a small upgrade.
Last edited by TheTrMachine on Sep 30, 2019, 3:13:39 PM
tbh arcane surge 20/20 has a slight dps increase over added lightning you just have to cast it like 5 times to proc. useful for bosses.

definitely use controlled destruction over energy leech tho. get ball lightning 21/20, wrath, herald lvl 21. Jewels can always be upgraded.

Ball lightning has a tricky pob dps, since we use slower proj each one hits targets multiple times. I have 260k pob shaper dps (using tranquility anointment tho) and with flasks up I rip uber elder to shreds.

Clear speed is more of an acquired taste though, I don't mind the playstyle as normal mobs just die from OOS and herald of lightning combination and the all except the toughest mobs require one or two ball lightning casts.

also a small note, no regen maps are completely doable if we give up on herald of thunder and use this.

Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Oct 1, 2019, 5:51:12 AM
Thanks a lot for this build. I really like to play it.

Wanted to ask few questions:
1. I am on level 93 now, but I can see that there are 8 more passive nodes that I should take (2 x strength, 2 x Armour and Mana, 1 x Sanctum of Thought, 2 x Intelligence, 1 x Utmost Intellect). 93+8=101, that’s mean I either took one excess node or missed some quest for skillbook during main campaign, could you please take a look on my profile, what I did wrong?
2. Nodes I skipped, is it okay? I thought that I got pretty nice jewels and that’s why skipped (Utmost and Sanctum). Does it make sense to rearrange some passive points to get Utmost/Sanctum?
3. What is the best multicraft weapon for this build? I did lightning penetration, but maybe something like +2 to all skill gems?

Link to my profile
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/sony/view-profile/rookie81pwnz/characters

Thanks in advance.
Hello, Elixes

Great build i am loving it, but i have one problem. Iam getting frozen all the time... How you guys counter that? Its really annoying.

Thank you!!
"

Hello, Elixes

Great build i am loving it, but i have one problem. Iam getting frozen all the time... How you guys counter that? Its really annoying.

Thank you!!

you have two non-uniq flasks in this build and you just need to get one of them with "of Heat" suffix, for other one it is good to have "of Staunching" suffix
"
rookie81pwnz wrote:
"

Hello, Elixes

Thank you!!

you have two non-uniq flasks in this build and you just need to get one of them with "of Heat" suffix, for other one it is good to have "of Staunching" suffix

I got an https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dream_Fragments
"
I got an https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dream_Fragments

in case you use Dream Fragments ring you will not get a bonus from from Mark of The Shaper which grants you (60-80)% increased Spell Damage if your other Ring is an Elder Item
Thanks for you job !
Really nice char.
I've took an es on hit and less crit dmg watcher and i feel so tanky.
Got anti bleed corrupt on my ring too. So perfect

here my profile :
http://poe-profile.info/profile/nemrod10

thanks a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info