[3.9] Krovah's Berserker Frost Blades |In-Depth Guide| - Annihilate the Atlas, Shaper & FPS

Really great work on the write-up so far! Appreciate the effort you put in to the video breakdown. Frost Blades has been such an underrated skill for so long, it's good to see it get some love every now and then. With the new and improved Berserker, the build has definitely reached new heights in 3.7.

I threw a bunch of currency at the build and, unsurprisingly, it crushes every single piece of content the game can throw at you. The fact that I'm peaking at around 20 mil DPS fully juiced up, as pure Frost Blades, is a real testament to how far we've come in terms of power/optimization.

One tip I have for anyone looking to pick up some solid foils or upgrade their current ones, try to search for ones with a decent cold roll on there. You might be surprised at what you can find: a lot of people completely undervalue the cold roll, which allows you to get a foil that can outperform a pure phys. variant for pretty much the same cost. This is especially relevant as you start to approach the ~500pDPS mark, where the price jumps are severe. It's worth playing around with different foils in your setup to see how they stack up - don't count out a good cold roll if you want to get a good deal/push your weapon one step further for minimal cost!

I have some question on the weapons. I'm currently trying to find a good sword with high aps and pdps. However, according to PoB, the foils that can actually out dps my ahn's might dual wield costs up to multiple exalts. Are Ahn's might so powerful or is PoB calculating stuff wrong?
"
ericchongws wrote:
I have some question on the weapons. I'm currently trying to find a good sword with high aps and pdps. However, according to PoB, the foils that can actually out dps my ahn's might dual wield costs up to multiple exalts. Are Ahn's might so powerful or is PoB calculating stuff wrong?

Ahn's Might are a decent starting option, but at this point in the league, a solid 350pDPS foil with ASPD/Crit is relatively cheap and WILL outperform them.

What you aren't accounting for is Blitz charges and the fact that you don't have any accuracy on your gear, tree, or skill bar (Precision).

When you fill out your tree for some accuracy and get at least one other external source in order to hit 100%, do your Uber lab for Blitz, and drop the -Frenzy jewel for a Watcher's Eye/Rare jewel which allows you to start generating frenzy charges through Blood Rage, the foils start doing a LOT more damage.

Hope that helps!
"
Krovah wrote:
"
Warnic16 wrote:
Hi, want to inform you that i finally kill my first uber elder with this build.
I'm a very casual gamer so i haven't try uber elder in any league lol.
I immediately switch my cyclone build when i saw you on youtube 3 days ago xD.
Very impressed how this build can kill guardians in 1-3 seconds which i never done before, depends how many ascendancy stacks you have.

I switch up spiked gloves to tombfists just like you said, and the dps difference is not a big deal, but losing 67 health, 631 armor, +1 melee range, 16% attack speed and some fire & cold resistance. Maybe the big difference is having elemental weakness?, since intimidate damage are 10 %.
Here’s an example the dps difference. (I'm using buffs, taste of haste and lion's roar flask in my hideout.)
Spoiler

Spoiler

Right now i need some decent life on helmet,boots,belt to reach more life.

Hey again Warnic! So, first things first! I actually just wrote up again on these gloves which you can read below:

Why Tombfist?

So, first I want to address your red text. Losing 67 health can be a bummer for sure, but you already regain that back (if not more) from %health due to the gloves. Resistances are something that can be found elsewhere for sure, but can suck if you're struggling to balance them! Melee range, especially +1, is a nonexistent stat for us! +1 would push us from 39 to 40, which would be 10% more range IF we only had 10 range, but we (basically) have 4x that, which means the value is reduced 4x to 2.5% increased range increase from that +1, so basically again it's a dead stat.

Now that attack speed! If I go to my calculations tab I can see I have a total of almost 270% increased attack speed, so 16% added on is really actually going to be almost a 4% increased attack speed boost in all reality.

Now, Tombfist. Intimidate does NOT effect your tooltip! It's added on AFTER all of your damage calculations, it takes all of your penetration, all of your more damage multipliers (which become less efficient as they stack) and then give you a number. Then that number gets slammed with a big ol' "Heres an extra 10%!"

Hopefully this helps!

Thank you so much for your explanation again. At the moment i'm trying craft foil with 480++ dps if lucky :) and hits cant be evaded, so i doesn't need to pick accuracy on tree.
"
Varesh wrote:
im sorry for the noob question, or maybe im just blind, what about pantheon and bandits?

Hey Varesh! So I do have the Pantheon's on the in-depth video with a time stamp for it in the description! I will make sure to add it here as well when I get a moment as I can not remember the names off the top of my head!

For Bandits I recommend Alira!
"
sn0rf wrote:
Really great work on the write-up so far! Appreciate the effort you put in to the video breakdown. Frost Blades has been such an underrated skill for so long, it's good to see it get some love every now and then. With the new and improved Berserker, the build has definitely reached new heights in 3.7.

I threw a bunch of currency at the build and, unsurprisingly, it crushes every single piece of content the game can throw at you. The fact that I'm peaking at around 20 mil DPS fully juiced up, as pure Frost Blades, is a real testament to how far we've come in terms of power/optimization.

One tip I have for anyone looking to pick up some solid foils or upgrade their current ones, try to search for ones with a decent cold roll on there. You might be surprised at what you can find: a lot of people completely undervalue the cold roll, which allows you to get a foil that can outperform a pure phys. variant for pretty much the same cost. This is especially relevant as you start to approach the ~500pDPS mark, where the price jumps are severe. It's worth playing around with different foils in your setup to see how they stack up - don't count out a good cold roll if you want to get a good deal/push your weapon one step further for minimal cost!

Hey Sn0rf, I'm super glad to hear you've been enjoying the build and you're on point with those weapon tips!
"
ericchongws wrote:

Hey Ericchongws! So another user responded to your post with great information but I wanted to follow it up so you don't think I'm ignoring your question! I'm currently in the process of writing out the one-hand weapon detailed guide in the gearing section, but there are a ton of aspects that need to be taken into account here!

Ahn's Might I believe is around a 300 pdps weapon, which with it's low attacks per second is a lot of physical. The thing is, with Multistrike gaining more damage on consecutive hits along with Ruthless we scale exceptionally well with a faster attack speed.

Additionally, the base attack speed is essentially our base modifier, think of it like base crit chance. So if we have a base crit of 5% and 100% increased critical strike chance through gear / passives, we have 10% chance to crit. But if it was 10% base, then we would have 20% chance to crit with the same investment.

So, by going from 1.30 to 2.0 you'll be near doubling your effective attack speed which is going to in real path of exile game play a massive damage gain even if you had a lower pdps weapon!
thx alot for the anwser, ill be sure to go watch the video
Hey everyone, just a quick update! I wanted to thank you all so much for the kind words you've dropped me in game!

I can not begin to express how much that has brightened my day, and has made all the hard work beyond worth it! At almost exactly the one hour mark of my in depth video guide, I stress how much I enjoy doing this to help players of all backgrounds and you guys have been so kind!

I'm currently in the process of developing another build which I believe will be a ton of fun to play!

With all that said, I will NOT be dropping support for this guide in any way what-so-ever! In fact, I've already begun to update a new in-depth gearing section! So far the gloves portion has been one hundred percent completed, while the weapons portion is getting close!

Thank you all again for being so amazing, and I can't wait to bring an array of in-depth guides so you never have to feel like you're missing out on an aspect of the game!
Hi there!

I just wanted to drop into your thread and let you know how much I enjoy this build. The damage is bonkers and the playstyle feels great. I made a few changes such as getting molten shell, putting fortify in my main links and using an atziri's for chaos res.

I'm also not sold on lions roar for the build, the damage feels good but with the attack speed the knock back is quite annoying. Might replace it with a wise oak.

Overall though super solid build.

Edit:

Tombfists with +crit strike chance are also a great choice if your budget doesn't stretch to include extra curse (3ex) and the weakness corruption (3.5ex). The crit chance gloves come in at around 50c

Last edited by MrLawlesso on Jul 14, 2019, 4:32:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info