[3.9] Krovah's Berserker Frost Blades |In-Depth Guide| - Annihilate the Atlas, Shaper & FPS

Started played FB a few days ago, got some good tips out of this build. having a blast :)

Thanks for a great guide!!!

In the land of SSF we sometimes have to survive with second best solutions. So I was wondering, what links would you recommend if you only have a 5L? I find PoB isn't super reliable when you're trying to think about skills like hypothermia, ancestral call, etc.

In the meantime, I found another creative solution - a corrupted 6L with 3R3G. Maybe someday I'll have enough currency to recolor it, but for now I'm using FB + Hypothermia + Added Cold Damage + Ele Damage With Attacks + Multistrike + Ancestral Call. Thinking about possibly swapping out Multistrike for Melee Physical Damage to see how it works. Any comments on these links?
i got these two ~435 PDPS foils for cheap with hits can't be evaded

and remade the build a bit since i don't need accuracy anymore.
The main upgrade to this was a Brutal Restrain jewel with "of Nasima" which transforms the keystone Iron Grip to:

Second Sight
-makes you blind (doesn't matter since my hits can't be evaded)
-blind doesn't affect light radius
-25% MORE melee critical strike chance while blinded

The second upgrade is the Assassination node anoint in amulet
The third one is Awakened Melee Physical Damage Support, which has a 10% chance to Intimidate on hit, letting us drop the Tombfist gloves for rare ones with Strike hunter mod

You might want to drop a few inconsistent buffs and get Vaal Molten Shell for more survivality
Hey draw, how cheap were those foils? Can you also post the jewel you talk about?

I have the awakened gem but 10 percent isn't a convincing number to drop the tombfist, plus it gives you an extra abyss? I can't justify getting rid of those gloves, ha, cost a few ex.

Im going for a very similar setup, some ski changes and different items but having 2x 417 pdps foils, my overall shaper dps is 6.4mil or so. It's a nice build but I can't think how you get more DPS other than buying better foils, which seem to coat a bomb in standard.
"
Confucius wrote:
Hey draw, how cheap were those foils? Can you also post the jewel you talk about?

I have the awakened gem but 10 percent isn't a convincing number to drop the tombfist, plus it gives you an extra abyss? I can't justify getting rid of those gloves, ha, cost a few ex.

Im going for a very similar setup, some ski changes and different items but having 2x 417 pdps foils, my overall shaper dps is 6.4mil or so. It's a nice build but I can't think how you get more DPS other than buying better foils, which seem to coat a bomb in standard.

the foils themselves costed 5ex and 12 ex, next were +30 so yeah i got them for cheap since they're legacy
about the gloves, i got some nice tombfists too but the flat life + resistances + free half Ancestral Call won me over.
Don't worry, the Intimidate may be 10% but you hit for over 11 times per second so it always applies
I decided to drop Berserk buff, and repath from Rite of Ruin to Aspect of Carnage since the degen coupled with Blood Rage was killing me whenever i wasn't leeching.
I like to press the least buttons possible (Blood Rage at the start of the map, Ancestral Warchief and all flasks against a boss) to make the playstyle smoother
This is the jewel, i had to repath tree to fit it in

Any "of Nasima" jewel will do, if you want you can divine it until you hit "of Nasima" and good mods on the other notables like mine (5% mov speed on one, 5% atk and cast speed on the other)
PoB: lv92, reached 6.1m shaper dps with Fortify instead of Ruthless
(Berserker accounts for 2-3M DPS for a measly 5-7 seconds, and when it ends you will be out of Rage)
https://pastebin.com/tw3RDrJ8
Can tune it further still, we'll see

Also ANCESTRAL WARCHIEF IS NOT A STRIKE SKILL, SO IT CAN'T BE SUPPORTED BY ANCESTRAL CALL
Replace AC for Pulverise
Last edited by KekuLiao on Feb 5, 2020, 11:12:13 PM
please delete
Last edited by WolfGrrr on Feb 6, 2020, 12:30:36 PM
Okay, decided to pick again Rite of Ruin and drop Blood Rage.
To gain frenzy charges i use a Green Nightmare jewel, grabbing these nodes

changed my helmet enchant from "Ancestral Warchief gives 30% increased melee damage" to "Berserk has 40% reduced Rage loss" making Berserker near sustainable against bosses, as you loss Rage as fast as you gain them (the loss rate accelerates so you'll still lose them, but now it's much longer)

Tested the build in maps and it feels much sturdier, i don't die to oneshots as common as before.
Probably will leave the build as it is, a glass cannon can't be improved that much without changing ascendancy class
Hi guys, quick question - have you tried using a decent foil (420pdps+) with The Saviour? If you look at PoB I believe the calculation should be to add a stat "100% more damage"? This may be wrong but was what I've been advised. Anyway, I've just tried this rather than 2x rare foils and it seems ... insane. This may just be placebo but people do rate The Saviour especially for boss fights and it definitely seems good. The numbers in PoB go up by quite a lot if you add that in.

I've switched from zerker to raider and realised that zerker (this build) is definitely better imo without changing everything around. You can reach much more. Try this in PoB and tell me your DPS numbers now... I'm not sure if the calculation is correct, some people tick Frenzy, full Blitz, full Rage and stuff. If you don't check full rage or full blitz I can show in excess of 13mil shaper DPS... if I tick frenzy, blitz, rage, it goes up to like 18 million. I don't know the correct way of showing it but bosses on t16 are being deleted.
"
Draw99Gray wrote:

changed my helmet enchant from "Ancestral Warchief gives 30% increased melee damage" to "Berserk has 40% reduced Rage loss" making Berserker near sustainable against bosses, as you loss Rage as fast as you gain them (the loss rate accelerates so you'll still lose them, but now it's much longer)

Tested the build in maps and it feels much sturdier, i don't die to oneshots as common as before.
Probably will leave the build as it is, a glass cannon can't be improved that much without changing ascendancy class

What is this like? What shaper DPS do you have now btw? I'm interested if anyone is looking at testing with Saviour + Paradoxica..
"
Confucius wrote:
"
Draw99Gray wrote:

What is this like? What shaper DPS do you have now btw? I'm interested if anyone is looking at testing with Saviour + Paradoxica..

I have indeed tried Saviour + Paradoxica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms6f5N4M1vE&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXTeHJNoGOw

Here are 2 videos of me trying to min max frost blades with a Saviour and a 200 pdps Paradoxica(35ex).
It absolutely deletes everything, PoB is in the Awakener kill video.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info