3.7.3d Patch Notes

buff spectres and minions!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Crusaderx wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:
We have been going through a lot of recent community feedback about topics such as lag spikes, client crashes, game performance, server issues and bugs related to things like animation cancelling. While many of the reports relate to localised problems like defective hardware and ISP routing issues, there are certainly real things to solve and general improvements that can be made.

You got to be kidding here...
Now it´s not only our ISPs that cause lags, it´s now also our defective hardware?
The day you guys at GGG admit that it is actually mainly your code and your servers and your way to deal with the issue that causes the game to lag all over the world on any hardware and any ISP, might be a game changer.

Now we have broken hardware. Wow.

Agreed,

It's pretty sad when a company tries to deflect any blame by blaming the ppl that play the game.

It's also funny how my defective hardware runs many other game with no lag spikes, game crashes, unexpected server disconnects etc...

game runs fine for hundreds of thousands of players. including me.

they're not saying the problems are exclusively on the client hardware and shitty provider peering. just some. seen videos posted on reddit that looked suspiciously like overheating graphic cards for example.

if people took the time to do a winMTR instead of posting useless rubberbanding videos there could be help and solutions. ggg iz pretty active in the tech section here.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
''Faulty Hardware''

So, i have a GTX 1080 + i7 7700k, both at stock speed, non overcloked.

The temperatures of both CPU and GPU when im playing poe, is 50-60℃

I always played PoE without frame drops, i should also mention that i have an SSD, cus this game is impossible to play without one, but this league...

I play With Vsync on, so i dont ''over use'' my hardware, cus for me , there is no reason to play a non-competitive game above 60FPS, with that said, everytime i open a monolith the FPS goes crazy like a roller coaster, goes to 20- 60 - 30 -20 -40- 60 , when the legion encounter ends, the fps goes back to normal.

i think a lot of lag spikes and optimization issues are related to the legion encounters somehow,

i would like to know if im the only one that have this problem.
Last edited by Snaked_POE on Jul 11, 2019, 9:47:36 PM
i will not return until headhunter is no more
Has this been deployed yet? - Can't hear any sounds when the generals are spawning yet.
"
vio wrote:
"
Crusaderx wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:
We have been going through a lot of recent community feedback about topics such as lag spikes, client crashes, game performance, server issues and bugs related to things like animation cancelling. While many of the reports relate to localised problems like defective hardware and ISP routing issues, there are certainly real things to solve and general improvements that can be made.

You got to be kidding here...
Now it´s not only our ISPs that cause lags, it´s now also our defective hardware?
The day you guys at GGG admit that it is actually mainly your code and your servers and your way to deal with the issue that causes the game to lag all over the world on any hardware and any ISP, might be a game changer.

Now we have broken hardware. Wow.

Agreed,

It's pretty sad when a company tries to deflect any blame by blaming the ppl that play the game.

It's also funny how my defective hardware runs many other game with no lag spikes, game crashes, unexpected server disconnects etc...

game runs fine for hundreds of thousands of players. including me.

they're not saying the problems are exclusively on the client hardware and shitty provider peering. just some. seen videos posted on reddit that looked suspiciously like overheating graphic cards for example.

if people took the time to do a winMTR instead of posting useless rubberbanding videos there could be help and solutions. ggg iz pretty active in the tech section here.

This is not a fair statement. If you took the time to check the forum, you would see that a great number of gamers have posted WinMTR reports and are still awaiting feedback.

Gamers should not turn on each other at the expense of the developers.

We are all POE fans and concerns are raised because we all love the game.
Last edited by Midas_SA on Jul 12, 2019, 5:10:58 AM
"
Fixed a bug where non-channelled movement skills that were used while channelling a skill would be used twice.

Nope.. that didn't happen#

Still double leapslamming every map, all the time.. makes 5 way without headhunter so unplayable.. was getting into the last row when movement spells worked, now losing a row to double leapslamms every 5way
Last edited by jingbandit on Jul 12, 2019, 6:25:58 AM
"
Midas_SA wrote:

This is not a fair statement. If you took the time to check the forum, you would see that a great number of gamers have posted WinMTR reports and are still awaiting feedback.

yes there are more complaints about lag, which is quite telling after betrayal asset loading also raised alot of critique for the stuttering it caused.

as a programmer, for me, a part of the problem is definitely the legion fights which instantaniously kick off alot of enemies at once opposite to previous leagues.

ggg stated this at league start as a possible problem themselves and said they would remove legion mobs fighting each other if it's a problem.

i can imagine, for them, the decision to remove a main feature isn't easy.

---

what my post was intended forwas to counter people who try to generalise the problem and also blaming ggg for lag on the internet.
the reasoning is hilarious, "other games just run fine" for example is the same as saying i can watch netflix without stuttering. the old issue with realtime aps and buffering apps.

ggg could easily solve the issue by adding a graph to the F1 menu which shows the latency of the server. this could solve people blaming them for the lag but could also lead to people just moving their complaints to ggg's provider.

somebody ask ggg why they don't implement it
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 12, 2019, 6:39:49 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
Midas_SA wrote:

yes there are more complaints about lag, which is quite telling after betrayal asset loading also raised alot of critique for the stuttering it caused.

as a programmer, for me, a part of the problem is definitely the legion fights which instantaniously kick off alot of enemies at once opposite to previous leagues.

ggg stated this at league start as a possible problem themselves and said they would remove legion mobs fighting each other if it's a problem.

i can imagine, for them, the decision to remove a main feature isn't easy.

---

what my post was intended forwas to counter people who try to generalise the problem and also blaming ggg for lag on the internet.
the reasoning is hilarious, "other games just run fine" for example is the same as saying i can watch netflix without stuttering. the old issue with realtime aps and buffering apps.

ggg could easily solve the issue by adding a graph to the F1 menu which shows the latency of the server. this could solve people blaming them for the lag but could also lead to people just moving their complaints to ggg's provider.

somebody ask ggg why they don't implement it

(trying to write with my best english)

There is no question of comparing POE to Netflix or APS, which obviously, go faster and have not the same purpose.

It is a question of comparing what is comparable. Either similar video games between them. It is on this observation that @IamLoco reacted.

Beyond the technical side, it is the discourse that does not pass. I do not know who wrote the report but it is certainly not the manager. We do not tell his client "it's your fault so we're not going to work more than that"

They have to adapt their product.

(And that's probably what they're trying to do with these patches)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info