💰 [3.22 ready] Clickachu's Tornado Shot MF Build - +Video Guide - 100% Phys Conversion [Standard]

"
kapin77 wrote:
Is there an updated version for jewel clusters? Someone could share an idea please?

Hi!

I'm not playing Delirium league too much and I don't know too much about cluster jewels, sorry I can't help with that for now.

I'm gonna use them when the Delirium league ends and they merge to standard, so it's in 3 months, maybe try to find MF build guide for Delirium, I'm also very curious how cluster jewels would work, but there are so many things in this game I just can't wrap my head around all of this, it's happening too fast haha :)

Maybe I'll grab them earlier, when some of them merge from HC league, but I don't expect it to be soon.

Cheers and GL with drops
youtube.com/clickachu
So, this is next level of IIQ obsession :)

I'm using non enchanted Sadima's touch gloves, becasue the gloves enchants are not that strong anyway, and since enchant attacks can't be supported by IIQ gem, I'm using these pair right now.

Maybe a small difference, but always somethig.
Still have enchanted pair, so I can swap them back anytime.
youtube.com/clickachu
Last edited by Clickachu on Mar 28, 2020, 2:09:13 PM
I've just uploaded a video with map IIQ vs player IIQ explained and a short guide for 8-modded maps crafting, which I use for magic finding with this build.

They're just basic informations, so it should be useful for beginners, and I assume they would be totally obvious for advanced players.

https://youtu.be/BPsCN54-KzM
youtube.com/clickachu
I'm looking for a mf build to spam run t7 burials with some friends now that we can sustain the map, so the mf character will have aurabots (delirium league).

Do you think or have any variation from this build or advices to aim it to be the mf carry of the party? the aurabots should cover the survivality.
For T7, you could easily run Tornado Shot, Ice Shot, or Lightning Arrow MF build. Personally, I find tornado shot easier and faster for white and yellow maps. If you are not going to kill bosses (saves time), don't bother with barrage. What I like to do is a 6 linked Herald of Ice, Curse on Hit, Assassins Mark, Onslaught, Ice Bite (for frenzy), Quantity. You could still put a boss killer barrage on swap weapon, but you'd lose ability to level other gems.

I want to do higher tier red maps and tornado shot really starts to suffer and takes longer. I've started to transition to Ice Shot and it is a stronger pack killer and I've not even fixed my build. It is worse at a couple things, like weaker vs stragglers, so just leave them. It's also slower movement speed because I swapped out of queen of the forest. I may give up DPS to go back to queen.
"
Vexfere wrote:
I'm looking for a mf build to spam run t7 burials with some friends now that we can sustain the map, so the mf character will have aurabots (delirium league).

Do you think or have any variation from this build or advices to aim it to be the mf carry of the party? the aurabots should cover the survivality.

Hi! If you wanna play in party, I would just swap Hypothermia gem for culling strike, so you will be the culler and ensure, that no other player is culling, or playing as a Slayer, which culls at 20% hp.

But in general, I would just advise not to play with other players, but with aurabot only, and not changing anything. It should be the best, becasue in bigger party, even if you are the only culler, you will still lose a big part of IIQ bonus. Or maybe other players should just leech, so seeking for leechers should be good too, personally I never played with leechers, but it should help with drops a lot.

"
melkorien wrote:
For T7, you could easily run Tornado Shot, Ice Shot, or Lightning Arrow MF build. Personally, I find tornado shot easier and faster for white and yellow maps. If you are not going to kill bosses (saves time), don't bother with barrage. What I like to do is a 6 linked Herald of Ice, Curse on Hit, Assassins Mark, Onslaught, Ice Bite (for frenzy), Quantity. You could still put a boss killer barrage on swap weapon, but you'd lose ability to level other gems.

I want to do higher tier red maps and tornado shot really starts to suffer and takes longer. I've started to transition to Ice Shot and it is a stronger pack killer and I've not even fixed my build. It is worse at a couple things, like weaker vs stragglers, so just leave them. It's also slower movement speed because I swapped out of queen of the forest. I may give up DPS to go back to queen.

Hi, nice 6l herald setup especially onslaught. I use onslaght flask, so I don't need it for now, but it looks good and Ice Bite grants frenzies too, which is nice, I was using Ice Bite instead of Hypothermia on my mapping skill earier. Currently my only frenzy source is Headhunter...

I was playing Tornado Shot for very long, now I find Ice Shot not only beeing stronger, but better for Windripper MF IIQ bonus.

Btw, maybe try Ice Shot + Barrage support setup instead of Barrage skill - it's a bit less dmg on the tooltip, but actually feels stronger, because it 100% chills enemies, which really helps and it aslo gives more IIQ bonus from Windripper, becasue it fires about 5 stronger arrows instead of about 10 smaller dmg ones, and to freeze you need to reach specific dmg amount with hit.
Try using this single target setup on Stragglers maybe, big mobs give big drops ;)
youtube.com/clickachu
Last edited by Clickachu on Apr 2, 2020, 3:41:22 PM
Small upgrade, bought a corrupted Greed's Embrace chest with 50% increased damage implicit. Mapping damage tooltip went from 94.5k to 101.5k, not bad :)

There's no difference between physical damage reduction with less armour now - current chest has 20% quality, and the previus one, which had 28%.
In both cases it's only 3% reduction.

youtube.com/clickachu
I found a cinderswallow flask with +crit, so I can use that instead of the onslaught gem with HoI. Wonder what I should replace it with. I'm thinking Culling Strike or Enhance, which will add extra cold damage and raises DPS.

I was thinking of a way to stop using the GMP gem, which lowers damage, with Ice Shot MF. Many of the top guys use a +2 arrow bow, which gives them 4 arrows, with endless munitions, and 6 arrows with dying sun. That should be plenty to clear. Since we use Windripper, that only gives us 2 arrows. Extra arrow can come from quiver, for 3 arrows, 5 with flask. Maybe that's enough. Do you think Rigwalds with fork is really best for clear? We could use a +2 arrow quiver, get rid of GMP, use Inspiration and Chain for some bump up in damage.
"
melkorien wrote:
I found a cinderswallow flask with +crit, so I can use that instead of the onslaught gem with HoI. Wonder what I should replace it with. I'm thinking Culling Strike or Enhance, which will add extra cold damage and raises DPS.

Hm, I don't know, but maybe if you had Awakened curse on Hit instead of normal one it would give+1 curse and allow you to socket additional curse, like elemental weakness? Maybe dual curse setup would be good.

Not sure if culling strike would be strong here and cull many monsters.

I also tried similar 6-link HoI setups, iirc I've put enlighten lvl 4 for less mana reservation and another aura, but I ended up with just single target skill in this secondary 6-link: Ice Shot + barrage support + awak added cold, + hypothermia + IIQ + WED, and it really feels good for bosses.

So I would go this single target setup, but it's a personal preference, maybe you don't need it, and HoI on 6-link will be better for you.

"
melkorien wrote:

I was thinking of a way to stop using the GMP gem, which lowers damage, with Ice Shot MF. Many of the top guys use a +2 arrow bow, which gives them 4 arrows, with endless munitions, and 6 arrows with dying sun. That should be plenty to clear. Since we use Windripper, that only gives us 2 arrows. Extra arrow can come from quiver, for 3 arrows, 5 with flask. Maybe that's enough. Do you think Rigwalds with fork is really best for clear? We could use a +2 arrow quiver, get rid of GMP, use Inspiration and Chain for some bump up in damage.

Hm, I wouldn't stop using GMP gem, but yeah I heared, that people with Dying sun and +arrows from other sources drop this gem, but actually I wanna get the awakened GMP version of it, as it lowers the damage less.

Rigwald's quills is good becasue of the fork, but it's not that good, it doesn't have life on it, and it slowers projectiles, and slower projectiles are affecting TS secondary arrows travel distance and Ice Shot cone size. I also wanna get better a quiver, but can't afford it now, because of some other plans, that I have to do first.

If I got another quiver maybe I could drop GMP, socket another gem, and start using Dying Sun, but I'm not planning to do it in the nearest future. Keep in mind, that our builds are on standard, and with dying sun you have to drop another flask, most likely legacy one, and it's also a lot of damage, and Dying Sun doesn't have legacy version.
Another thing is, that it could be hard to sustain flask effect at boss fights, and also losing this falsk effect and 2 arrows while mapping from time to time would also kind of suck for me. Maybe it would be better with pathfinder, but I'm not sure, I'm not telling, that I won't do that in future.

But if I dropped GMP, I would think of these gems instead: Inspiration, Damage on Full life, Awakened Chain, which is OP for mapping and maybe, but not sure,a slo these two: Ice Bite, for frenzy charges source or awakened Cold penetration.

youtube.com/clickachu
Another small upgrade, just got this Watcher's eye jewel for a nice 5 ex price and divined it.

It replaced the old one, which only had one mod, that I was benefiting from - the +% to crit chance while affected by hatred.

Now I also have phasing, while using Vaal Haste, which I'm doing all the time.
Phasing is maybe nothing special, but it helps with going thru mobs, and gives this cool "invisibility" effect, so it's always something.

By the way, while divining it, I've also divined my almost perfectly divined old one by accident... :D I hope one day someone will invent a pill for dumbness, so there's a chance for me :)

youtube.com/clickachu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info