💰 [3.22 ready] Clickachu's Tornado Shot MF Build - +Video Guide - 100% Phys Conversion [Standard]

update: finally enchented boots for +10% movement speed, totally forgot about it due to so many other tasks :)

youtube.com/clickachu
Here is the new version of this build, it's also in the first post of this thread.

Newest 3.9 build video: https://youtu.be/-9_c0oUYpiU

NEW 3.9:
Spoiler

Hi! This is SSC version with legacy items, but temp league versions are possible too.

Most recent youtube build video with gameplay:

https://youtu.be/-9_c0oUYpiU

...BUILD FROM BEFORE THE GREAT RESET OF CIVILISATION...

THE STORY: (NOT build relevant, just for fun!)
Spoiler

Rumors say, that there were at least 4 great resets of our civilisations: Cold reset, known as "Ice Age", Water reset, caused by flooding oceans, Fire reset, that was caused by a big meteor hit, and Earth & Wind reset, that was caused by huge tornados and earthquakes. Who knows, what was back in those days on the actual area of Wraeclast. Some Exile's ancient legends say, that this land was called Great Tartaria, others say it was called The Atlantis, or that even further back in time, there was an ancient land, that was called "New Zealand" back then.
History of Wraeclast is still a great mystery, and noone can provide a 100% proof for any of those theories. But everyone agree with one thing: Artifacts from the past, that are found today are unable to recreate with present-day technology. This leads to a conclusion, that "they" had knowledge and technology, that is unavailable for us now. To be honest, we can't even tell how old are these artifacts, that have this specific attributes impossible to get today. Maybe one day the connection will be set, and they will travel to us from the past to give us the lost technology, or even a fraction of it. It may be confusing for some people, that the technology doesn't come from future, but from the past, but it isn't anything strange at all, when we realise, that our universe is so old, that almost everything have already happaned in it.

BUILD:
Spoiler

This build is designed to farm low tier maps and low/mid tier maps, both solo and with aurabot/cursebot support.
As it uses max possible iiq items in every item slot it's not all content viable.
It's built around legacy items, so obviously it's not possible on temporary leagues, but it's possible to make similar build on temp league, just with lower iiq.

For party culler version just use culling strike gem and make sure no other players are culling, but for a party culler - Slayer and some other builds would be much better.

Note: this build is not made for profit, it's made for fun and just to be ridiculous.
Maxing iiq, as I did in this build isn't efficient because of diminishing returns rule. This makes my 209% iiq on a tooltip not effective 209%. I assume it's about 180% effectively, it's similar mechanism like with stacking evasion but at some level you dont benefit too much from adding more of it.
This leads me to a conclusion, that swapping a perfect legacy Perandus Blazon belt or a 15% iiq String of Servitude for a Headhunter is a good idea and in this maxed build letting go 12% or 15% iiq on a belt slot won't make big difference in terms of effective iiq, but will make character stronger and even more fun to play.

Becasue of IIQ & IIR diminishing returns rule the most effective way is to combine them.
There's a formula, that help with getting good iiq/iir ratio balance.

C = (1+(IIQ/100)) * (1+(IIR/100))

"C" is a coefficient, that shows us how "good" our MF'er is.

But keep in mind, that almost all people will say IIR is not important. I also prefer iiq over iir, but when Zana Nemesis mod is active some rarity for better Headhunter drop chance can be a good choice.

VARIANTS:
Spoiler

1. "Maxed IIQ" build with maxed iiq on every slot, but with character set, that it's Headhunter swappable.
I prefer using Headhunter, but you can carry Peranus blazon or String of Servitude and swap it on bosses.
Basically HH+max IIQ is a best choice for me, because then I have both high IIQ and lot of HH fun and power.

2. "Balanced" IIQ/IIR version, with a big favour of iiq. From my researches and tests best thing to do is swap 24% iiq Sadima's Touch gloves for 50% iir Aurseize. Since Aurseize are not legacy, you can get them cheap and try to corrupt with curse on hit, or other vaal mod.
Of course some more items can be swapped to obtain the best coeficient, that I've mentioned before.

3. "Strong" version, that abandons some MF gear in favour of some good items of your choice.
Swapping a chest piece, gloves, or other item for any other OP, that you have. Maybe Kaom' heart, maybe a strong bow instead of Windripper - it's individual case and depends on gear, that you have.

MAIN BUILD FEATURES:
Spoiler

- Triple Elemental Damage penetration: 11/19/11, and with flask active: 11/40/11

- Headhunter for better damage & survivability buffs, and of course, for better fun!

- Watcher's eye hatred +% crit chance jewel is important part of this character, that substansionally increases the damage

- Tailwind ascendancy node helps with movement speed, which is reduced by Greed's Embrace body chest.

GEAR:

Spoiler

JEWELS:
Spoiler

GEM LINKS:
Spoiler

Bow - Main skill - Tornado shot:

Helmet:

Chest:
(I'm using siege ballista, but any skill of a choice can be used.
Most people would choose barrage for single target, but i just dont like this skill or just don't know how to use it properly, I prefer stacking TS+siege ballista over it)

Gloves:

Boots:

ASCENDANCY:

Deadeye, nodes taken: Ricochet, Far Shot, Endless Munitions, Gathering Winds

BANDITS: Helped Alira for +15% to all resistances. (As soon as I'l be able to cap resistances elswhere I'll switch to Kill all quest status for 2 passive skill points)

PANTHEON:

Major - Soul of Lunaris, Minor - Soul of Shakari

FAQ:
Spoiler

- Is it really max possible IIQ?
- Not really, as it's still possible to get +5%iiq vaal implicit on each ring, and +10%iiq implicit from converting amulet into spinefuse talisman, also a belt can have +5%iiq implicit, so technically there are 25 more % of iiq to be acheived, but the odds are extremely low. I don't even know if there are existing bases with required item levels to make it possible, or they were just wiped out by the great reset :)

- Are the drops good?
- Yes

- Is the damage sufficient?
- It's not very big, but it's nice, Watcher's Eye Jewel is making it much bigger.

- Isn't this char very slow because of a Greed's Embrace chest?
- It is slow, but a "Gathering Winds", that grant Tailwind after using any skill really helps with this problem, I also grab lot of ms from skill tree.

- Why am I not using perfect bisco's collar amulet, since I have one?
- In my opinion perfect bisco is NOT a best in slot item for magic find. 100% iiq against normal monsters on map is same, or even worse than 20% flat iiq, this roughly is calculated by me basing on normal/magic/rare/uniq monster proportions. Also bisco don't have any other good stats, that rare 20% iiq amulet can have. Mapping with bisco and swapping for rare amu at bosses is also not good, because swapping is time, and time is exalts :)

"TO DO" list - plans, upgrades, etc.:
Spoiler

- upgrade Greed's Embrace quality to 28% at syndycate bench
- upgraded double corrupted HH (iiq mod desired)
- corrupt jewel for "corrupted blood cannot be infliced", then swapping quicksilver flask of staunching for a quicksilver flask of heat to be able to open freezing strongboxes
- upgrade to 28% quality and double corrupt greed's embrace chest
- upgrade do single/double corrupt with curse on hit (ele weak.)
- metacraft iiq jewellery for better other stats

As you see this build is not "finished" and can be upgraded, so feel free to advise me how to do it.
Feel free to ask any questions about the build!

My plan is to make it stronger, so it can farm higher tier maps, or maybe one day even complete the endgame with it ;)

Path of Building pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/mNkpqhqr

OLD 3.8: (archived)
Spoiler

Hi! This is SSC version with legacy items, but temp league versions are possible too.

Spoiler

Rumors say, that there were at least 4 great resets of our civilisations: Cold reset, known as "Ice Age", Water reset, caused by flooding oceans, Fire reset, that was caused by a big meteor hit, and Earth & Wind reset, that was caused by huge tornados and earthquakes. Who knows, what was back in those days on the actual area of Wraeclast. Some Exile's ancient legends say, that this land was called Great Tartaria, others say it was called The Atlantis, or that even further back in time, there was an ancient land, that was called "New Zealand" back then.
History of Wraeclast is still a great mystery, and noone can provide a 100% proof for any of those theories. But everyone agree with one thing: Artifacts from the past, that are found today are unable to recreate with present-day technology. This leads to a conclusion, that "they" had knowledge and technology, that is unavailable for us now. To be honest, we can't even tell how old are these artifacts, that have this specific attributes impossible to get today. Maybe one day the connection will be set, and they will travel to us from the past to give us the lost technology, or even a fraction of it. It may be confusing for some people, that the technology doesn't come from future, but from the past, but it isn't anything strange at all, when we realise, that our universe is so old, that almost everything have already happaned in it.

BUILD:
Spoiler

This build is designed to farm low tier maps and low/mid tier maps with aurabot/cursebot support.
As it uses max possible iiq items in every item slot it's not all content viable.
It's built around legacy items, so obviously it's not possible on temporary leagues, but it's possible to make similar build on temp league, just with less iiq.
It's designed to be played solo or with aurabot support.
For party culler version just use culling strike gem and make sure no other player is culling, but for a party culler Slayer and some other build would be much better.

Note: this build is not made for profit, it's made for fun and just to be ridiculous.
Maxing iiq, as I did in this build is NOT efficient because of diminishing returns rule. This makes my 206% iiq on a tooltip not effective 206%. I assume it's about 180% effectively, it's similar mechanism like with stacking eevasion but at some level you dont benefit too much from adding more of it.
This leads me to a conclusion, that swapping a perfect legacy Perandus Blazon belt for a Headhunter is a good idea and in this maxed build letting go 12% iiq on a belt slot won't make big difference in terms of effective iiq, but will make character stronger and even more fun to play.

Becasue of IIQ & IIR diminishing returns rule the most effective way is to combine them.

But keep in mind, that almost all people will say IIR is not important. I also prefer iiq over iir, but when Zana Nemesis mod is active some rarity for better Headhunter drop chance can be a good choice.

VARIANTS:
Spoiler

1. "Maxed IIQ" build with maxed iiq on every slot, but with character set, that it's Headhunter swappable.
I prefer using Headhunter, but you can carry Peranus blazon and swap it on bosses.
Basically HH+max IIQ is a best choice for me, because I have both high IIQ and lot of HH fun and power.

2. "Balanced" IIQ/IIR version, with a big favour of iiq. From my researches and tests best thing to do is swap 24% iiq Sadima's Touch gloves for 50% iir Aurseize. Since Aurseize are not legacy, you can get them cheap and try to corrupt with curse on hit, or other vaal mod.
Of course some more items can be swapped to obtain the best coeficient, that I've mentioned before.

3. "Strong" version, that abandons some MF gear in favour of some good items of your choice.
Swapping a chest piece, gloves, or other item for any other OP, that you have. Maybe Kaom' heart, maybe a strong bow instead of Windripper - it's individual case and depends on gear, that you have.

MAIN BUILD FEATURES:
Spoiler

- Triple Elemental Damage penetration: 11/19/11, and with flask active: 32/40/32

- Headhunter for better damage & survivability buffs, and of course, for bigger fun!

- Watcher's eye hatred +% crit chance jewel is important part of this character, that substansionally increases damage

- Tailwind ascendancy node helps with movement speed, which is reduced by Greed's Embrace body chest.

GEAR:

Spoiler

JEWELS:
Spoiler

GEM LINKS:
Spoiler

Helmet:

Chest:
Most people would choose barrage for single target, but i just dont like this skill or just don't know how to use it properly, I prefer stacking TS+siege ballista over it)

Gloves:

Boots:

ASCENDANCY:

BANDITS: Helped Alira for +15% to all resistances.

PANTHEON:

EVENTUAL QUESTIONS:
Spoiler

- Not really, as it's still possible to get +5%iiq vaal implicit on each ring, and +10%iiq implicit from converting amulet into spinefuse talisman, also a belt can have +5%iiq implicit, so technically there are 25 more % of iiq to be acheived, but the odds are extremely low. I don't even know if there are existing bases with required item levels to make it possible, or they were just wiped out by the great reset :)

- Are the drops good?
- Yes

- It's not very big, but it's nice, Watcher's Eye Jewel is making it much bigger.

- It is slow, but a "Gathering Winds", that grant Tailwind after using any skill really helps with this problem, when i did testing without tailwind it was feeling too slow then.

- Why am I not using perfect bisco, since I have one?
- In my opinion perfect bisco is NOT a best in slot item for magic find. 100% iiq against normal monsters on map is same, or even worse than 20% flat iiq, this roughly is calculated by me basing on normal/magic/rare/uniq monster proportions. Also bisco don't have any other good stats, that rare 20% iiq amulet can have. Mapping with bisco and swapping for rare amu at bosses is also not good, because swapping is time, and time is exalts :)

- Why don't I pick the loot?
- I do, but i do it at the end of map, to maximise effect any Headhunter or other buffs.

Spoiler

- corrupt jewel for "corrupted blood cannot be infliced", then swapping quicksilver flask of staunching for a quicksilver flask of heat to be able to open freezing strongboxes

As you see this build is not "finished" and can be upgraded, so feel free to advise me how to do it.

My plan is to make it stronger, so it can farm higher tier maps, or maybe one day even complete the endgame with ;)

https://pastebin.com/6WfGE9LA

Youtube video with build showcase and gameplay:

https://youtu.be/1MPIXbNBXe4

youtube.com/clickachu
Last edited by Clickachu on Jan 1, 2020, 9:43:55 AM
"
Clickachu wrote:
Here is the new version of this build, it's also in the first post of this thread.

Newest 3.9 build video: https://youtu.be/-9_c0oUYpiU

NEW 3.9:
Spoiler

Most recent youtube build video with gameplay:

https://youtu.be/-9_c0oUYpiU

Spoiler

BUILD:
Spoiler

This build is designed to farm low tier maps and low/mid tier maps, both solo and with aurabot/cursebot support.
It's built around legacy items, so obviously it's not possible on temporary leagues, but it's possible to make similar build on temp league, just with lower iiq.

For party culler version just use culling strike gem and make sure no other players are culling, but for a party culler - Slayer and some other builds would be much better.

Maxing iiq, as I did in this build isn't efficient because of diminishing returns rule. This makes my 209% iiq on a tooltip not effective 209%. I assume it's about 180% effectively, it's similar mechanism like with stacking evasion but at some level you dont benefit too much from adding more of it.
This leads me to a conclusion, that swapping a perfect legacy Perandus Blazon belt or a 15% iiq String of Servitude for a Headhunter is a good idea and in this maxed build letting go 12% or 15% iiq on a belt slot won't make big difference in terms of effective iiq, but will make character stronger and even more fun to play.

VARIANTS:
Spoiler

I prefer using Headhunter, but you can carry Peranus blazon or String of Servitude and swap it on bosses.
Basically HH+max IIQ is a best choice for me, because then I have both high IIQ and lot of HH fun and power.

MAIN BUILD FEATURES:
Spoiler

- Triple Elemental Damage penetration: 11/19/11, and with flask active: 11/40/11

- Headhunter for better damage & survivability buffs, and of course, for better fun!

- Watcher's eye hatred +% crit chance jewel is important part of this character, that substansionally increases the damage

GEAR:

Spoiler

JEWELS:
Spoiler

GEM LINKS:
Spoiler

Helmet:

Chest:

Gloves:

Boots:

ASCENDANCY:

BANDITS: Helped Alira for +15% to all resistances. (As soon as I'l be able to cap resistances elswhere I'll switch to Kill all quest status for 2 passive skill points)

PANTHEON:

FAQ:
Spoiler

- Are the drops good?
- Yes

- It is slow, but a "Gathering Winds", that grant Tailwind after using any skill really helps with this problem, I also grab lot of ms from skill tree.

- Why am I not using perfect bisco's collar amulet, since I have one?

Spoiler

My plan is to make it stronger, so it can farm higher tier maps, or maybe one day even complete the endgame with it ;)

https://pastebin.com/mNkpqhqr

OLD 3.8: (archived)
Spoiler

Spoiler

BUILD:
Spoiler

This build is designed to farm low tier maps and low/mid tier maps with aurabot/cursebot support.
It's built around legacy items, so obviously it's not possible on temporary leagues, but it's possible to make similar build on temp league, just with less iiq.
It's designed to be played solo or with aurabot support.
For party culler version just use culling strike gem and make sure no other player is culling, but for a party culler Slayer and some other build would be much better.

Maxing iiq, as I did in this build is NOT efficient because of diminishing returns rule. This makes my 206% iiq on a tooltip not effective 206%. I assume it's about 180% effectively, it's similar mechanism like with stacking eevasion but at some level you dont benefit too much from adding more of it.
This leads me to a conclusion, that swapping a perfect legacy Perandus Blazon belt for a Headhunter is a good idea and in this maxed build letting go 12% iiq on a belt slot won't make big difference in terms of effective iiq, but will make character stronger and even more fun to play.

VARIANTS:
Spoiler

I prefer using Headhunter, but you can carry Peranus blazon and swap it on bosses.
Basically HH+max IIQ is a best choice for me, because I have both high IIQ and lot of HH fun and power.

MAIN BUILD FEATURES:
Spoiler

- Triple Elemental Damage penetration: 11/19/11, and with flask active: 32/40/32

- Headhunter for better damage & survivability buffs, and of course, for bigger fun!

- Watcher's eye hatred +% crit chance jewel is important part of this character, that substansionally increases damage

GEAR:

Spoiler

JEWELS:
Spoiler

GEM LINKS:
Spoiler

Helmet:

Chest:

Gloves:

Boots:

ASCENDANCY:

BANDITS: Helped Alira for +15% to all resistances.

PANTHEON:

EVENTUAL QUESTIONS:
Spoiler

- Are the drops good?
- Yes

- It is slow, but a "Gathering Winds", that grant Tailwind after using any skill really helps with this problem, when i did testing without tailwind it was feeling too slow then.

- Why am I not using perfect bisco, since I have one?

- Why don't I pick the loot?
- I do, but i do it at the end of map, to maximise effect any Headhunter or other buffs.

Spoiler

My plan is to make it stronger, so it can farm higher tier maps, or maybe one day even complete the endgame with ;)

https://pastebin.com/6WfGE9LA

Youtube video with build showcase and gameplay:

https://youtu.be/1MPIXbNBXe4

will the stronger build be good for bosses?
IGN: hyrenfreak
For white and yellow maps, yes, for red maps not really.
New version is a bit stronger, but still no high lvl maps bosses viable.
I canclear T16 maps easy, but having problems with bosses - either they kill me ease, or I have to fight them for about 2-3 minutes to take their life pool down.

I can't wait to see the damage increase with awakener versions of WED, GMP and added cold damage gems. Actually the added cold also increases the lvls of other cold gems, and I'm using Ice Bite gem.

To make this character t16 bosses viable I would have to mirror 20% iiq rare gloves and 20% iiq boots, but I prefer to have my unique ones, whcih give more iiq.
youtube.com/clickachu
Hi, i am following your build and should be able to get just about all items sooner or later.
Except the Item Quantity support. I am playing on XBOX so this gem was already removed by the time they started the game here. So, i know the build on xbox won't be the same MF as your's but could youbadivise how could i,at least, up to a certain level mitigate this? Maybe use item rarity instrad? Or cha ge some gear? Your feeback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi.

Since you can't get iiq gem on xbox server I would just ignore it and play without it. I would just get some nice dmg support gem, which is always good for MF build.

Personally I wouldn't use IIR gem, it's not that important as IIQ.
But it's up to you, maybe in some extreme situations, like with aurabot IIR support would also be good, for example while farming nemesis zana mod with HH drop chance.

Good luck with the build and with the drops :)
youtube.com/clickachu
Thank you sir. I will drop the item rarity? What would be best gem to useninstead that would increase damage?

Thanks.
Yeah item rarity gem is droppable, but best to buy it on market or maybe get in act3 library (not sure if it's there).

"
What would be best gem to useninstead that would increase damage?

Personally I would go faster attacks, or culling strike (I like culling strike, but now without it it's easier for me to control when I kill monsters and it helps with corrupting tempest hunting).

Also cold damage penetration may be good. Now awakened cold dmg penetration was released and it may be OP. 43% cold penetration, and this build deal mainly cold. With that much penetration I would consider swapping Wise Oak flask for other one. Maybe a dying sun, which is perfect for tornado shot.

Also another tip: if your crit chance is low and uncapped while on charges you can try increased strike chance gem support too to freeze more monsters and get windripper iiq bonus from it.

Also mirage archer support is OP, but I need to have control on dmg output, and it autoattacks.

So there are few options, that are depend on personal preferences.
youtube.com/clickachu
New purchase, it has same dmg on lvl 1 as my normal lvl 21 version, some damage increase will be nice.

youtube.com/clickachu
Testing some other trees and looking at other TS builds i can say i will stay with this one.

I am level 84 now.. i have all res capped, +1 to TS arrows helm(+2 is way to expensive for now), i have 6link Windripper and 6link Greeds embrace, i have rigwalds quills,i have the boots and loves requestes but not the legacy ones. Belt is bisco's leash and rings are 10%iiq Ventors. Pkus the amulet with 7%iiq now but i will buy one with more.
I use for now some goodish abyss jewels for damage.

Life is a little over 3k and damage about 28k or something.

Total shown IIQ is about 90%. I am on Xbox as i said so no legacy items :(
So,for now i am atill leveling to at least lvl o0 before i start doing modded maps. Hopefully the MF will start to show. Even if 30% of what you get as drops :)).
If you cans suggest any changes or updates i can so to improve the build i would appreciate it. Cheers!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info