[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

ED/C seems to have lost a lot of damage it couldn't afford to lose. Controlled destruction received a minor nerf. Efficacy received a heavy nerf. Swift affliction nerfed. Void manipulation small nerf. I don't think the build is just going to cruise into red maps like it used to.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Now that chaos multi is changed to suffix on weapons that will complicate the craft but has a potentially better "best case" scenario since before this build suffered from 1 dead suffix issue where you could at best get some movement speed.

Yeah, I thought of that instantly, it's a significant buff for bow dot casters. Ultimatum nerfs didn't go through well it seems :o

Still. Efficacy was completely gutted, meaning there isn't 5 support gems that work with ED by default anymore. This is a little bit of a problem, for obvious reasons. Chaos dot mostly evaded the gem scale down tho, which would have killed the archetype entirely, so that's great. I think the people playing this should now put blight in their bow, and ED in their les damaging chest setups.

I'm not too sure how we're supposed to work around this, really. Maybe spellslinger was meant to be... It's still pathetic damage.

On the other hand, forbidden rites looks busted mechanicly. Guess we'll see if it can boss.
Considering that everyone got nerfed and does less damage...guess that's the way it is right now.

"
Damage over Time Multiplier Prefix modifiers on Weapons are now Suffix modifiers, and can no longer roll as Prefixes. This includes Veiled and Crafted modifiers.

This affects the way we craft our bow right?

"
The Witchfire Brew unique flask no longer has 25-40% increased Damage Over Time during Flask Effect. Now has -10 to 10% increased Charges Used (previously 50% increased). These modifier changes affect all versions of this item, though you will need to use a Divine Orb to obtain the new values.

Ugh!

"
The Exposure Therapy Notable now grants 5% Damage over Time Multiplier (previously 8%).
The Brush with Death Notable now grants 5% Damage over Time Multiplier (previously 10%).
Last edited by Chumber on Jul 21, 2021, 12:32:47 AM
Why do people keep talking about bows? Didn’t last league make it so dot multipliers from bows and quivers don’t effect non bow skill gems? Or was it just quivers?
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Yeah, I thought of that instantly, it's a significant buff for bow dot casters. Ultimatum nerfs didn't go through well it seems :o

[...]

On the other hand, forbidden rites looks busted mechanicly. Guess we'll see if it can boss.

Welcome back Dark! Will you be playing / updating this build for 3.15?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
tony32p wrote:
Why do people keep talking about bows? Didn’t last league make it so dot multipliers from bows and quivers don’t effect non bow skill gems? Or was it just quivers?
Just quivers.

"
Chumber wrote:
This affects the way we craft our bow right?
Yes.
The simple way would be:

Take lvl 82+ hunter bow
alt-spam for liquefaction (35% dot multi suffix)
regal / annul until 1 mod is left
multimod + cannot roll attack modifiers
ex slam twice (+1 gems & hunter chaos dmg prefix)
recraft multimod + chaos multi suffix (the one changed) + +2 to support gems

The hard way would be (I think it should work?):
alt-spam for liquefaction
regal
aisling slam and hope it eats regaled mod, if it eats liquefaction, restart
if aisling gave prefix, you have to restart
if aisling gave suffix, hope you can unveil chaos dot multi (you could bench craft some veiled suffix to block it from appearing in the 3 unveil options from what they said) - if it doesn't, you have to restart (maybe the two above are not necessary if aisling can slam the item with the "wrong" unveiled mod and try to replace that)
if you manage to get liquefaction + aisling mod without bricking it, craft cannot roll attack modifiers, slam ex twice
then craft +2 to support gems
it will have open suffix but since it's hunter influenced, can't slam a conq orb, no idea what to do with it

But the plan is:
prefix:
+1 socketed gems
+2 support gems (crafted)
60-90 increased chaos damage (hunter mod)
suffix:
35% dot multi
48% chaos dot multi (aisling)
- empty
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 21, 2021, 9:59:13 AM
Zizaren in his recent video mentioned about simply using delirium gloves for his ED build but don't really know what the point of that would be here.
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

[...]

Welcome back Dark! Will you be playing / updating this build for 3.15?

I thought about it, before reading the patch notes...
I'll play this league, yes. Took a break in ultimatum.
I'm mostly bothered by the lack of a 6th support gem, tbh. I think gloves could be good, really. But like, that would imply changing almost everything.

I think I'll play something else. Archmage still looks good, given the mana changes. It got nerfed hard damage wise, but should still be competitive comparatively, and more tanky than ever.

If I don't play ED, don't expect me to update the guide, no. If I do, I'll do it as I progress myself, so I really wouldn't recommend following it unless oyu know what you're doing.
Also, crafting changed, and I'm not up to date with every way to make items nowourdays... Still thinking the harvest way.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Archmage still looks good, given the mana changes. It got nerfed hard damage wise, but should still be competitive comparatively, and more tanky than ever.
Do you think the new mana rune skill (can't be supported by archmage) will compare with old archmage skills? Assuming similar build (MOM/agnostic).
"
Viktranka wrote:
Do you think the new mana rune skill (can't be supported by archmage) will compare with old archmage skills? Assuming similar build (MOM/agnostic).

That thing looks broken with indigon, ngl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info