[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Shuggananas wrote:
What's a good setup for spellslinger since the nerf? Currently doing campaign, around act 8
I'm running SS+contagion, SS+ED+controlled+efficacy, SS+soulrend

I figure GMP soulrend could be good if I switched to selfcast contagion when really needed or something like that
I also got a 5L so maybe I can do a big ED + GMP soulrend and self cast contagion. Or maybe just drop soulrend?

Thoughts?

Welp, I see no one has responded to you. I really don't know, sorry.

In the HC race, people seem to be doing 4link ED + 4l soulrend + 1link contagion, something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Efriko/characters?characterName=EfrikoMayhem.

Skipping soulrend and using selfcast infused blight seems to also be pretty good, that's what I think I'd do: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sanfax/characters?characterName=DalinarSolar

Sorry I can't help more, spellslinger isn't really my thing.
This guide is meant for ED endgame minmaxing anyways, it's not suited for a 1week racing event at all.

On a completely different note, Elehit raider in hardcore being pretty pog tho.
Spoiler

I managed with some experimentation anyway, I stayed spellslinger until level 90, then I switched to self cast for mid/high red maps. I'll probably play like this next league, it's just much faster and easier to gear than self cast.

Setup was :
SS contagion
SS soulrend efficacy
SS ED void swift efficacy

Early on you may need to drop a link because spellslinger goes from 30% to 25% base reservation

Coupled with a reservation jewel and the reservation nodes below perfect agony

Made a quick and dirty POB for reference if people want to try that out next league
https://pastebin.com/zzrA4kwN

This is for 70 with super loose gear, idea being to transition to self cast tree around 85-90, this blows everything up in white and yellow maps with 0 investment
Last edited by Shuggananas on Dec 7, 2020, 3:25:31 PM
Hello,

I followed this build recently....and it felt ALOT more tanky then the build zizaran made....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDI-LTpb-V4

Can any1 give me like a little explanation of why that is? Or is it both good?
I'm familiar with ed contagion but i did this build in a gauntlet and i got to 90 np...
with ziz's build i cant even get to mapping got there 2 times in mayhem, and died both times in first map....
I'd want to try ED in endless delve, any advise?
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Hello,

I followed this build recently....and it felt ALOT more tanky then the build zizaran made....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDI-LTpb-V4

Can any1 give me like a little explanation of why that is? Or is it both good?
I'm familiar with ed contagion but i did this build in a gauntlet and i got to 90 np...
with ziz's build i cant even get to mapping got there 2 times in mayhem, and died both times in first map....

Having played a similar build in SSF last league and the life/bow version this league to 100 I agree that this one seems "tankier".

The reason being - this build avoids damage in the first place and heals up super fast due to life regen - ED mechanics. It is prone to one-shots however. The CI version on the other hand is able to stack up much more eHP and survive bigger hits. I preferred the life & bow version as the damage was also much higher for me.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Dec 8, 2020, 10:47:58 AM
"
Thoromuerte wrote:

Probably good early on, but you will probably struggle with damage at deeper depths. There is no bench crafting.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
"
Thoromuerte wrote:

You can try spellslinger. But good luck.
Hello, thank for making this guide. This is my first time playing the build, and I am currently in Mayhem sc. My problem right now is I feel stuck in t8-t9 maps. I tried a t11 barrows and the big bear boss barely loses any health after I dot it with ed and big blight stacks. I give up after a few mins because it only lost like 10% of hp. So now I am just farming low tier yellows but the exp just isn't good. What should I do?

I also bought a 6link shortbow but afterwards I realized I don't have the 3 socket craft. I also don't have the prophecies to unlock pale court, feel so stupid lol
You can buy the prophecies, but you'll need about 10ex to craft the bow.

Not sure about prices in mayhem, but a 5l cane (or jewelers touch prophecy) is probably very cheap and would be a big upgrade.

Have you seen op's flowchart by the way? He's got it linked under "what to upgrade next".

Spoiler
Last edited by qwertz on Dec 9, 2020, 1:37:54 AM
Early short bow is just 4 ex to craft. Multicraft + support gems + chaos dot multi

Also you can just chrome spam short bows, it's easy enough to get 3B2G1R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info