[3.9] Crit Orb of Storms Assassin - [ReWork In Progress]

Hey I love the guide! It's my first time playing POE and this was an amazing clear speed starter. I have a few concerns with it. Is it normal for me to be like SUPER squishy as assassin? (feels like I die at least once each map to random projectiles etc.) Also what is the point of Shroud vs. Carcass Jack (what I now have)? Lastly, if I were to try dual Void batteries, what would I replace Tempest Shield with? Thanks, and sick build!
"
rctannistha wrote:
Hey I love the guide! It's my first time playing POE and this was an amazing clear speed starter. I have a few concerns with it. Is it normal for me to be like SUPER squishy as assassin? (feels like I die at least once each map to random projectiles etc.) Also what is the point of Shroud vs. Carcass Jack (what I now have)? Lastly, if I were to try dual Void batteries, what would I replace Tempest Shield with? Thanks, and sick build!

Ha yeah it is squishy. Go CI, im going to update the guide with a CI route that I have found more survivability. Pick up Soul of Lunaris and do all the captures. That will help.

Carcass is nice for the AoE life and res, but thats about it. Lightless is going to be BiS because of the Ele-Pen. I've tried and tinkered on PoB a lot of with chests and its just the best option.

Make sure to be using fennemus boots with aspect of spider buff. Itll help a bit if you havent. I usually play more squishy glass cannon builds. Just have to be "Tactical" with evading and dont just rush in.
Cheers for the speedy reply! I'll try some of those out, the boots sound good. Any idea what skill to use for chaining if I'm running 2 void batteries since I can't use TS?
"
rctannistha wrote:
Cheers for the speedy reply! I'll try some of those out, the boots sound good. Any idea what skill to use for chaining if I'm running 2 void batteries since I can't use TS?

No problem! I try to get back asap but had some RL crap going on lately.

Yes just use Storm Burst. You can try Divine Ire, but dont use Lightning Tendrils as its bugged. It name locks to a mob if you hover over while channeling.
heya, i was wondering, how do you generate frenzy charges in this build?
i couldn't find anything that would generate it.
"
2Dino wrote:
heya, i was wondering, how do you generate frenzy charges in this build?
i couldn't find anything that would generate it.

Ice Bite linked to HoI
Took a peek at the 3.8 POB and had a few questions about it.

Your herald of ice set up seems off in the skills. I know you have it on the ring but you have it socketed in helm with 4 other supports. What is the appropriate set up youre going to use for HoI?

Add 20% cast speed to a jewel to account for mistwalker?

Lastly, I'm assuming POB doesn't take into account casting tempest shield while standing in OOS to calculate the increased OOS dmg?

Last edited by brawndo89 on Sep 4, 2019, 3:34:08 PM
Would like to check if you have any issues with mana sustain for boss fight since your tempest shield cast rate is relatively high
"
brawndo89 wrote:
Took a peek at the 3.8 POB and had a few questions about it.

Your herald of ice set up seems off in the skills. I know you have it on the ring but you have it socketed in helm with 4 other supports. What is the appropriate set up youre going to use for HoI?

Add 20% cast speed to a jewel to account for mistwalker?

Lastly, I'm assuming POB doesn't take into account casting tempest shield while standing in OOS to calculate the increased OOS dmg?

Yeah the ring just has it on there, but i dont ever use that one. Its just the ring I had to fit. I like how HoI interacts with the chain length of OOS so thats why I 5/6l HoI in my helm.

Also yeah the 20% was in there, but since its a decay its hard to really do. So really just change that to 20% more and that'll be roughly your damage because of the wording rework

Man im really out of it sorry. Yeah pob doesnt calculate the tempest shield with oos off. So this is just OOS' base damage before TS kicks in and other factors at times.
Last edited by EveryDayEngineering on Sep 4, 2019, 6:11:07 PM
"
crossbunn wrote:
Would like to check if you have any issues with mana sustain for boss fight since your tempest shield cast rate is relatively high

Not really, just treat tempest shield arcane surge in a sense. Find that sweet spot of mana regen and mana cost to proc arcane surge. It can be run trying to max them both out 20/20 but theres no real need. Will see now with mana rework how it fairs but will see. Theres ways around that with shaper rings and mana gained on spell hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info