[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Scion - up to 5M Shaper DPS, 10k ES, 5k+ ES recovery/s

Hi, I'm glad you like my build.
"
Lampra wrote:

any opinions what to upgrade next?for more dmg/defence?

You probably want more damage. Look for level 21 ball lightning gems, aspect of the spider aura (you need level 4 enlighten to use this), and damage mods on your shield.
In addition, you can get much more ES from your amulet and ring. If you have a lot of currency, in standard league you can get an body chest with more than 800 ES. This will improve your tankiness a lot.

"
Lampra wrote:

also what aps we must have with cyclone?

This is a hard question because the answer for the CoC setup depends on your cyclone's crit chance, while that for the Mjolner setup doesn't. For the Mjolner setup, the ideal aps is 6 or slightly lower than that (source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ab2g9n/updated_cyclone_coc_discharge_proc_rate_now_with/). However, even if your aps slightly exceeds the threshold (6 aps), the loss in DPS is not that big. Therefore, your aps is fine as long as it's close to 6. If your aps is much highr than 6 (let's say, 6.5 aps), then you should consider lowering it.

"
Lampra wrote:

i a, looking to push that build further,so any suggestions will be help me lot
i feel that sometimes i get chiled..anyway to solve it?

You must keep using your flasks to avoid being chilled/frozen. Watch my video in Minotaur Map. I used my flasks all the time.

"
N0esy wrote:
Hi, I'm glad you like my build.
"
Lampra wrote:

any opinions what to upgrade next?for more dmg/defence?

You probably want more damage. Look for level 21 ball lightning gems, aspect of the spider aura (you need level 4 enlighten to use this), and damage mods on your shield.
In addition, you can get much more ES from your amulet and ring. If you have a lot of currency, in standard league you can get an body chest with more than 800 ES. This will improve your tankiness a lot.

"
Lampra wrote:

also what aps we must have with cyclone?

This is a hard question because the answer for the CoC setup depends on your cyclone's crit chance, while that for the Mjolner setup doesn't. For the Mjolner setup, the ideal aps is 6 or slightly lower than that (source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ab2g9n/updated_cyclone_coc_discharge_proc_rate_now_with/). However, even if your aps slightly exceeds the threshold (6 aps), the loss in DPS is not that big. Therefore, your aps is fine as long as it's close to 6. If your aps is much highr than 6 (let's say, 6.5 aps), then you should consider lowering it.

"
Lampra wrote:

i a, looking to push that build further,so any suggestions will be help me lot
i feel that sometimes i get chiled..anyway to solve it?

You must keep using your flasks to avoid being chilled/frozen. Watch my video in Minotaur Map. I used my flasks all the time.

thnx for your fast response:)....i ll work on all that you've mentioned....(alrdy with small changes i manage to get fire/light res equal and much more ES...9.3k now)
thnx again:)
Just getting started, seems very tanky.

"
livejamie
What's the best MTX to use for the Ball Lightnings?
livejamie
hi again guys,,,,do for ppl (like me:^^) that dont want to use flame dash....i was thinking that we can use tempest shield as an additional dmg source...linked with inc.duration it last 20sec+ and it refresh every time we block....what do you think?....ty:)
"
livejamie wrote:
What's the best MTX to use for the Ball Lightnings?

Sorry, I have no idea on that one.

"
Lampra wrote:
hi again guys,,,,do for ppl (like me:^^) that dont want to use flame dash....i was thinking that we can use tempest shield as an additional dmg source...linked with inc.duration it last 20sec+ and it refresh every time we block....what do you think?....ty:)

Well, I don't think tempest shield deals meaningful damage. Of course, if a lot of normal/magic enemies are attacking you, it can deal a lot of damage. The problem is that these enemies die instantly anyway, so extra damage is not needed. You need damage when you are facing rare or unique enemies, and tempest shield is not effective against these guys.
Dude awesome build, tanky as hell!!! and strong! I love to be able to use Mjolner again!

Just 2 questions:

- Any way to make the Cyclon AOE at least double size? (withour lossing too much damage) (at least just for fun)

- Why not Cast While Channeling? Im trying one without changing gear colors (dont want to break the build) and using Infusing Channeling (gives more defence, can swicth to any other damage gem) and GMP, cleaning speed just went up!!!! (just doing it for fun, had not test the damage and all)
guys i need help.....it seems i cant run discipline 20/20,zealotry 20/20,precision 1/20,aspect of spider with enlighten 4/20.
what i do wrong?any help?
ty!!!
"
Lampra wrote:
guys i need help.....it seems i cant run discipline 20/20,zealotry 20/20,precision 1/20,aspect of spider with enlighten 4/20.
what i do wrong?any help?
ty!!!

Don't forget to pick up a "4% reduced mana reserved" node near CI keystone.

"
DarkChuky wrote:

- Any way to make the Cyclon AOE at least double size? (withour lossing too much damage) (at least just for fun)

Well, you can increase the size of cyclone by
1) equipping 3-white-socket Prismatic Eclipse instead of a rare shield,
2) replacing slower projectile and elemental focus with increased AOE and pulverise,
3) picking up some increased area of effect nodes,
4) using Dying Sun flask.

With all of these combined, the radius of cyclone becomes 46 (from 24). However, the radius of ball lightning doesn't change that much (29 & 33), so this is going to be a meme build. You will also lose 60-70% of your DPS.

"
DarkChuky wrote:

- Why not Cast While Channeling? Im trying one without changing gear colors (dont want to break the build) and using Infusing Channeling (gives more defence, can swicth to any other damage gem) and GMP, cleaning speed just went up!!!! (just doing it for fun, had not test the damage and all)

Because CoC gives higher DPS. I think killing threatening encounters (like Syndicate members) asap is very important to avoid dying, so I prefer to have high DPS. Of course, what you want is more clear speed, then CwC makes a lot of sense. A friend of mine is actually trying cyclone-CwC-spark build with ball lightning in Mjolner. It looks like a good build.

thanks for a great build , but i have a question :
Does triggered spell by coc count as a hit? and mjolner?
Sorry if my english isn't good
Last edited by chipcachua on Aug 17, 2019, 2:26:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info