[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

I went ahead and league started as this character after all. I played bow attack through the first of half of story and then switched to fireball in act 6. I was able to buy a +2 fire gems, +spell damage staff for 1c and crafted cast speed onto it. That carried me through the rest of the story on a 5-link chest. I never bothered with EO. It has been super easy to craft crit multiplier/cast speed jewels for this build, and I currently have three of them in my tree. Once I start to work on cluster jewels I'll have space for two more, for a total of 5. GGG may have tried nerfing crit on the three, but it is still super strong on crafted jewels. The main challenge early on was just balancing EB+MoM so I wouldn't wind out of ES and unable to cast if I took a big hit. So just make sure you get some gear with ES and give yourself a good cushion.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jun 21, 2020, 1:03:58 AM
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
I went ahead and league started as this character after all. I played bow attack through the first of half of story and then switched to fireball in act 6. I was able to buy a +2 fire gems, +spell damage staff for 1c and crafted cast speed onto it. That carried me through the rest of the story on a 5-link chest. I never bothered with EO. It has been super easy to craft crit multiplier/cast speed jewels for this build, and I currently have three of them in my tree. Once I start to work on cluster jewels I'll have space for two more, for a total of 5. GGG may have tried nerfing crit on the three, but it is still super strong on crafted jewels. The main challenge early on was just balancing EB+MoM so I wouldn't wind out of ES and unable to cast if I took a big hit. So just make sure you get some gear with ES and give yourself a good cushion.

Do you mind sharing your current pob? Thinking about making this my second character for the league.
ign: PhrozenFlame
So i started this build and redesigned it as staff character. I didnt got any bigger problems. Right at the moment i die at maps most times because of to low life and es. Works pretty well so far, but im still missing Snake Pit.

Look at my character Noraine if u want. My gear is far from good, and i can only clear up to T4 at the moment.

But i really like to shotgun the enemys with 6 dragon fireballs right in their faces. :D
"
cocomoloco wrote:
"
MagnusParvus wrote:

Do you mind sharing your current pob? Thinking about making this my second character for the league.

https://pastebin.com/rYjYjYM5

Here is my current pob. It's still missing a lot, but you can see the changes I have made to my pathing on the tree as well as the staff I am currently using. I am using a Doryani's Invitation belt for the life leech until I can get life leech from either an amulet corruption or on a cluster jewel. Unfortunately, GGG massively overnerfed cluster jewel crafting so I may not get to incorporate cluster jewels the way I was planning.
"
Arakion wrote:
So i started this build and redesigned it as staff character. I didnt got any bigger problems. Right at the moment i die at maps most times because of to low life and es. Works pretty well so far, but im still missing Snake Pit.

Look at my character Noraine if u want. My gear is far from good, and i can only clear up to T4 at the moment.

But i really like to shotgun the enemys with 6 dragon fireballs right in their faces. :D

Snakepit will make your clear feel so much better. Buy it as soon as you can!

You can refer to my pob in the post above this to see how I am currently pathing. I don't think you want to take any of the nodes between Coldhearted Calculation and Resourcefulness. They are not worth the travel cost. I only pathed that direction in my old build because I had an amazing timeless jewel slotted there to transform all the passives. Reallocate those nodes to get more life and ES on the tree so you don't die so much. You should definitely try to pick up more flat life on your gear too.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jun 24, 2020, 2:07:48 AM
"
MagnusParvus wrote:

You can refer to my pob in the post above this to see how I am currently pathing. I don't think you want to take any of the nodes between Coldhearted Calculation and Resourcefulness. They are not worth the travel cost. I only pathed that direction in my old build because I had an amazing timeless jewel slotted there to transform all the passives. Reallocate those nodes to get more life and ES on the tree so you don't die so much. You should definitely try to pick up more flat life on your gear too.

Your new passive tree looks nearly the same as mine.
You took EB as long as you dont have any Devouring Diadem.

Just wondered why u dont use the reworked Rolling Flames jewel.
Up to 30% fire resistance by scorch.

For my gear i wasnt lucky enough go get some nice stats. Most of the time i rely on my guild mates >.<

I didnt think about of Doryanis Invitation, maybe i should consider it
"
Arakion wrote:
"
MagnusParvus wrote:

Your new passive tree looks nearly the same as mine.
You took EB as long as you dont have any Devouring Diadem.

Just wondered why u dont use the reworked Rolling Flames jewel.
Up to 30% fire resistance by scorch.

For my gear i wasnt lucky enough go get some nice stats. Most of the time i rely on my guild mates >.<

I didnt think about of Doryanis Invitation, maybe i should consider it

Only reason I don't have a Rolling Flames jewel slotted is because I have been crafting cobalt jewels and leaving them in my tree while I work on them. I am paranoid that if I leave them in my inventory I will accidentally vendor one! Eventually I will replace one of them with a corrupted Rolling Flames.

My gear isn't particularly expensive. Snakepit is the most expensive piece so far, everything else added up is under 1 ex total.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jun 24, 2020, 5:48:27 PM
i dont think elemental focus work with new Rolling Flames jewel.
"
i dont think elemental focus work with new Rolling Flames jewel.

I think you are correct and it may be best to just not use Rolling Flames at all. A well crafted crit-multi rare jewel gives about 10% more damage. My already existing concern with the scorch ailment is how it scales for bosses since it is dependent on the fire damage of a single hit. We probably wouldn't get the full 30% effect on end game bosses anyway, so a consistent 10% may be preferable. It's not like this build needs the extra damage for clearing maps. Also, when you also figure the damage loss from changing elemental focus out to another lower damage support to enable scorch it may actually be a net worse position.

I think the one case that may be made for removing elemental focus, and running scorch, is if you are having issues with on-death effects from porcupines, delve monsters, etc... In that case you can remove elemental focus, switch to combustion, and pair with a cluster jewel that has Cremator to destroy ignited enemies. Although an explode chest would be better if you can afford it..
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jun 27, 2020, 5:38:30 PM
"
Also, when you also figure the damage loss from changing elemental focus out to another lower damage support to enable scorch

is crit multi support + scorch way worse than elemental focus? getting a really well rolled crit multi jewel is pretty expensive

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info