[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

I'm not using the bow at all but trying a different version based on ignite damage.
Do you think this wand can be better than searing touch or martyr of innocence? https://ibb.co/djSW1sw
Test some Hubris and find this one 5 node - crit multi. worth it?

Last edited by Gorjkee on Sep 16, 2019, 12:37:18 PM
Could you please update this to 3.9?
Last edited by piedro on Dec 13, 2019, 4:50:33 AM
Hello
Could you update this build to 3.10? or is it dead?
Bumping this thread since there are several interesting changes coming in Harvest league. Together with the addition of awakened chain support, and cluster jewels from Delirium, this build should be very much alive and potentially even stronger than before. Bowcasting itself will need to change since we can't craft the bow anymore, but we can dual wield wands instead or use a staff for even more gem levels and damage. I will update the thread if I play it in the next league, but I encourage anybody interested to also play around with ideas and share here for others.
You could still craft a similarish bow. It won't be quite as good, but it would work. Instead of the 20% more spell damage, which is dead, you would go for an essence mod like deafening essence of woe or deafening essence of rage. I made a bunch of caster bows last league for BV chieftain that way.
Based on my testing in PoB, staff is the way to go now. GGG nerfed several of the crit nodes, but staff crit nodes are still very strong. I would drop the Doom Cast wheel, which has been nerfed, and instead path up to take the Serpent Stance wheel, and throw some nice cluster jewels in the nearby socket. We can anoint Counterweight for some big crit bonuses. There is the potential, with harvest crafting, to make some really strong staves that will outperform even the original delve crafted bow.
You think a non crit build with EO would be as viable, if reinvesting all the crit nodes into cluster jewels?
"
Direyx wrote:
You think a non crit build with EO would be as viable, if reinvesting all the crit nodes into cluster jewels?

I don't think you can make up the damage difference as non-crit on a fire build. We don't have access to the nice cluster jewels that say, lightning damage does, that can really boost non-crit damage. However, you could play EO early on until you have the points and gear to commit to crit.
Thanks for your answer. I guess i'll go EO for early and then switch to crit later on. Did you generate power charges? If yes, how? And at which point does it make sense to get EB + MoM? I guess in the early stages of mapping but i never played with EB before so i frankly have no clue.
Last edited by Direyx on Jun 19, 2020, 5:45:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info