[3.9] Fire BV Chieftain | All content | Delve 600+ | Fast , Tanky, 5M+ Shaper DPS | Possible starter

I was wondering with the new nerf to the bow mods, wouldn't a deafening essence of woe be the next best option with (123-144)% increased Spell Damage. The curr price is 4c and so are the price of annuals + 6L is cheap with div porcupine div cards. Also any use with cluster jewels, the master of fire notable looks really good and I recently picked up this megalomaniac for an ex.
Just wanna see what others are running with the delirium additions.
"
Blo_om wrote:
I was wondering with the new nerf to the bow mods, wouldn't a deafening essence of woe be the next best option with (123-144)% increased Spell Damage. The curr price is 4c and so are the price of annuals + 6L is cheap with div porcupine div cards. Also any use with cluster jewels, the master of fire notable looks really good and I recently picked up this megalomaniac for an ex.
Just wanna see what others are running with the delirium additions.

I'm currently at 7m dps with the "increased spell damage" bow w/ lethal pride. Feel like I'm hitting a wall atm. After the update, I might drop some life and get a cluster jewel.
Biggest downside of the build is i am unable to do bosses efficiently because i cannot cast enough blade vortex with the 78 mana cost of BV, while only having 315 energy shield and 11 energy shield regen.

Is ther any way to either increase my energy shield regen or pool.
I also have 0.3% fire damage leeched as energy shield on my amulet.

Also on the note of using intensify with blade vortex, if i stand still to keep intensify stacks i pretty much die vs Tier 16 map bosses and super end game content. Is this the most effective support gem?

my POB:
https://pastebin.com/JPPiusXF
Last edited by RazorGnome on Apr 3, 2020, 4:06:30 PM
Use unleash support, you get to have 10 blades basically forever. Just press it once in a while but you lose dmg. You could probably remove the skill duration effect to the right of sentinel and invest into something else.
I'm trying out this build and I need some help.

1. If I use unleash support, do I need any of the "increased skill effect" passives at all?

2. what's a good way to craft a good bow? Does the base matter? I read essences but doesn't that give 4-5-6 mods? how do you get rid of all the unwanted stuff? just lucky annuls or some super expensive exalt level metacraft removal?

3. Is there a new optimised tree for 3.10 or are the cluster jewels no good and the current tree stands?

4. What's the rotation? spam blade vortex, piano flask, then phase run... clear as much as you can for like 2-3 seconds. Then repeat?

5. I see no chaos res, doesn't chaos rip this build? Won't it struggle hard vs hunter conqueror.

6. I'm a lazy player, if I anoit "disciple of the unyielding" is CWDT+immortal call the best thing to do? as the immortal call will remove my endurance charges.

7. Is it worth running anger into the build? It requires some reduce mana, but it gives us a better (or more affordable at least) watcher's eye as it can come with 15% fire pen or 50-60% fire damage with zealotry arcane surge which is better than the double zealotry which is super expensive?

8. Is the "Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take 10% increased Damage" from the watcher's eye just increased damage or MORE damage?

9. How good is is asenath's gloves? is it worth the 6.5ex for a "better mapping experience" which i take it means some explosions help with the clear?
Last edited by Armisal on Apr 12, 2020, 1:06:20 PM
1. kind of? I personally dont run it but its honestly up to you. If you feel like you're dropping blades too much and forgetting to press BV you might want to.

2. Annuals are super cheap as are essences this league. It takes like 50c worth of them to get the mod standalone and then you craft how the guide says. Base doesn't matter as long as its item level 50 or above

3. https://pastebin.com/sSaW3ew9 Heres my personal take on the build with clusters. Dps looks low because I replaced intensity with unleash but especially in delirium I can't find a way to stand still, you just insta die and its just not worth taking imo. You should definitely use cluster jewels as the tree is close to one possible spot and they're really powerful

4. Basically except unleash makes the process easier if you go that

5. Hunter conqueror you kinda one shot, the problem is Sirius will clap you. Atziri promise helps a little but yeah chaos does rip it. Mapping is fine because gloves one shot the packs before you they can do anything, its just sirus fight that's hard.

6. Yeah because you almost instantly regrab all your endurance charges after you expend them. You only need to get two and in mapping that's like killing 2 packs. Minimum is really good for bossing.

7. Zealotry is better than anger unless you have the watchers eye. Run either or, not both

8. no clue lol

9. I asked the same question to myself but holy is it good. It feels so smooth to map with those gloves its crazy. Theres a reason everybody wants explody mod on chest, we get it on gloves.
"
Blo_om wrote:
1. kind of? I personally dont run it but its honestly up to you. If you feel like you're dropping blades too much and forgetting to press BV you might want to.

2. Annuals are super cheap as are essences this league. It takes like 50c worth of them to get the mod standalone and then you craft how the guide says. Base doesn't matter as long as its item level 50 or above

3. https://pastebin.com/sSaW3ew9 Heres my personal take on the build with clusters. Dps looks low because I replaced intensity with unleash but especially in delirium I can't find a way to stand still, you just insta die and its just not worth taking imo. You should definitely use cluster jewels as the tree is close to one possible spot and they're really powerful

4. Basically except unleash makes the process easier if you go that

5. Hunter conqueror you kinda one shot, the problem is Sirius will clap you. Atziri promise helps a little but yeah chaos does rip it. Mapping is fine because gloves one shot the packs before you they can do anything, its just sirus fight that's hard.

6. Yeah because you almost instantly regrab all your endurance charges after you expend them. You only need to get two and in mapping that's like killing 2 packs. Minimum is really good for bossing.

7. Zealotry is better than anger unless you have the watchers eye. Run either or, not both

8. no clue lol

9. I asked the same question to myself but holy is it good. It feels so smooth to map with those gloves its crazy. Theres a reason everybody wants explody mod on chest, we get it on gloves.

Thanks for your replies.

I've taken the guide, looked around pob.ninja and ended up with my take on the build - https://pastebin.com/8avd5PKs

It's more budget, most items are around the 30c mark unless its a big ticket item like the bow. I picked the best of the cheapest rings which were around the 4-5ex mark.

I got a good deal on the watcher's eye with arcane surge zealotry and fire pen anger at like 2ex so I did the sovereignty route (5 points to run spider, herald, anger and zealotry). I made up for some points using a large thread of hope.

I didn't end up going with the asenath's gentle touch. 6.5 ex is like almost 1/3 the cost of the build. I instead decided to try to cap out my chaos res by getting chaos res everywhere. I did some maths, it's not possible to cap chaos res and wear asenath's without epic Ex gear. If you wear asenath you only have enough to cap out fire/cold/light.

Not a bad build, it's a bit tanky and plays differently to cyclone. Kinda forces you to stand still at a boss. Clear is ok for melee. Probably similar speeds to cyclone. There's more i can do to min-max it, like the ex craft on belt or divines on rings + catalyst. I tend to only min-max hard on the guys I will play alot.

I think i'm done with the build as I'm L96 now. For anyone interested my take lands on 7.2k life, 3.6M shaper dps normally, 4.6M with vaal RF up. Budget seems at 20ex-ish (6.5ex bow, 4-5ex x 2 rings, 2ex watcher's eye, 30c max for most the other items. Cluster jewel and 21 vaal blade vortex are around the 75-100c mark. It's also a very lazy setup as I'm don't want to press too many buttons - moving/positioning and piano flasking is already enough for me. Runs awaken 8 T16 maps with full sextants and frags fine with delerium up.
Last edited by Armisal on Apr 16, 2020, 12:03:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info